Why can't leafs into freeways?

Why can't leafs into freeways?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ontario_Highway_401
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Isn't this the one that took them like 25 years to complete?

we can though, and highway 401 is in fact the busiest freeway in North America

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ontario_Highway_401

We never really had the population density to justify it. Also Winterpeg is an irrelevant city.

No, that was the Trans-Canada, which is about fifteen times as wide as the UK, and we had to blast through layers of mountains and endless wilderness to set it up.

Wrong. You were building a ring road around a city that took you about 25 years. I forgot which one

Based Edmonton has a ring road, the only city in Canada which has one, now it takes me only 10 minutes to drive to work

Versus this abomination

Regina has only 200,000 people you could drive across the whole city in rush hour traffic in like 20 minutes, there's no need for a ring road

Anchorage has only 250,000 people you could drive across the whole city in rush hour traffic in like 20 minutes, there are three freeways

>three freeways
>still takes 20 minutes

money well spent

Without using the freeways it takes like 20 minutes. It's more like 10 if you take the freeway, and only because you're forced through downtown, otherwise it'd be like 5

Winnipeg is very easy to navigate through.

I don't see the issue

>grid-like cities
>flat land
gross 2bh

The only city in Canada that needs freeways but doesn't have them is Vancouver, and that was intentional because of left-wing social engineering.

>250 000 people
>three highways
>20 minutes
What the fuck is wrong with your cities. My town has 300k and i could cross it in under 10min with no highways

>What the fuck is wrong with your cities
occupied by rebels, high poverty rates, upper level gov't corruption and aesthetically displeasing

oh wait

>anchorage
>receives federal subsidies
>oil indsutry hub
>transportation hub
>military installation

>regina
>literally nothing of note besides some farms

Not sure why you would compare these two cities, Edmonton for example has a larger population then the entire province of Saskatchewan let alone Regina, do you think infrastructure money just comes from nowhere? I don't even understand the point of this thread, are you implying if we adopt more american style infrastructure our cities will have shorter commute times, America has terrible commute times.

You're right.

Individual houses where a family owns an entire building.

>shorter commute times
No, I'm talking about sparing drivers the stop and go traffic light shit.

You forgot ugly grids, 20 minutes to cross 200k town and oblast wide traffic jams in rush hour.

oh wait

and I'll add that Toronto has the largest freeway in North America and it also has the worst commute times in North America, worse than LA even. Freeways are basically a meme, as soon as you build one suburbia starts popping up around it like mushrooms and the traffic is soon back to gridlock. So you build another freeway farther out and the cycle repeats until you have a sprawling Houston style clusterfuck and spend 3 hours a day sitting in traffic.

>occupied by rebels, high poverty rates, upper level gov't corruption and aesthetically displeasing

>ugly grids, 20 minutes to cross 200k town and oblast wide traffic jams in rush hour.

I think I'd prefer the latter pham, plus my city doesn't even suffer from american city disorder

And my town doesn't suffer from rebels, having high poverty rate or being aesthetically displeasing.

>implying this is how the fifth largest American metro area, with a population a quarter that of all of Canada, ended up sprawling like that
>implying it's not simply the massive number of people living there

I hate that city so fucking much. They wont allow freeways because they want to discourage the use of cars in the city, which is fine I guess if you can just take the sky train to work, but good luck if you are a trucker trying to bring a load of organic vegetables to the health food stores, or if you're like me and are constantly bringing building supplies to and from job sites, etc. It isn't right for an urban area of 2.5 million people to not have proper roadways. Liberals are stupid, and the government is more than happy to give them what they want because it means they don't have to spend money on infrastructure.

Vancouver is a sinister, soulless place, It has the appearance of being some progressive green utopia, but underneath there's rampant drug addiction, crime, and corruption. Chinese money laundering, prostitution, ponzi real estate, pure debauchery. And the weather sucks.

we don't live in decaying shithole commieblocks igor

St. John's has the worst roads of any major-ish city in Canada, in terms of both road quality and layout.

they're pretty bad in some areas but outside of downtown/east end, you're pretty alright, at least from my experience

i moved here from just outside the GTA, traffic is nothing here compared to there