2 fucking seasons of faceless men training montage to learn how to become an assassin

>2 fucking seasons of faceless men training montage to learn how to become an assassin
>can't blend in with a crowd of hundreds and gets recognized by an actress
>"Wtf are you doing backstage? Didn't I see you yesterday?"
>can't conceal ulterior motives
>"Do you like to pretend to be other people"?

Why is Arya Stark so irritating

shit writing

btw can somebody explain to me why tv is a writers medium whereas in film the director has the last word?

I'm so annoyed that they wasted 2 seasons just for her to run away from them. I hope she gets killed. It's her fault the Hound is dead.

Because it's a producer based medium.

But it's really obvious when a director has a significant weight. See True Detective season 1.

>

>the Hound is dead

lel

I bet you think King Stannis is also dead.

>I'm so annoyed that they wasted 2 seasons just for her to run away from them
I thought it was painfully obvious that she's going to kill the annoying monotone girl and tell Jaquen "lol u wanted sum1 to die, hr u go" and he'll be like "u passed da test, she was a bitch, we aren't evil" and she'll be really surprised, if you can tell with her fetal alcohol expressions

The Hound is a gimp monk of some sort.

kill yourself gotfag

Close friend of OP here

He killed himself after reading this post.

Do you know what kind of damage you have done now? You let him commit suicide with your shitpost. Hope you'll never be able to sleep again.

This was making the rounds last night.

Arya had two choices:

1. Kill the actress, which would signal her transition to No One, a faceless killer with no identity, serving the gods and killing whoever she is told to kill, regardless of who they are or what they did. This would mean giving up her kill list and murdering actresses, blacksmiths, other innocent people. Remember, Lady Crane had a contract on her head just because the younger actress wanted her position. The other option was...

2. Spare the actress, which means quitting the Faceless Men, remaining Arya Stark and returning to Westeros to exact her revenge. Remember, Jaqen had already sent her on a mission, but she killed Trant instead. He told her if she failed this time, she wouldn't get another chance.

The play was a retelling of her family history, and shows how the rest of the world views the Starks: fucking dingbats who got themselves killed. Jaqen sent her there to test her resolve and see how she would react to the people mocking her family - would she be able to let go of her name, or would she remain a Stark? Obviously she can't let go of her kill list, and she took her destiny in her own hands by leaving the Faceless Men.

No, this doesn't completely nullify her Braavos story arc. She learned how to fight blind, how to prepare bodies/skin for use in the Faceless Men's transformations, and she learned how to change her face when Jaqen sent her on the mission she bungled by killing Trant instead. She was trained.

The ultimate significance of the Braavos arc is, this was Arya's chance to free herself. She's been running away from her problems the entire series, but when she found Needle and ran from the House of Black and White, it's the first time she's truly taken control of her life and decided to operate on her terms.

>mfw I actually had to explain this to multiple people

Except for the fact that she did manage to get to her target and just decided not to kill her. How you play off suspicion is more important than trying to be unseen.

Eggcellent explanation. That makes good sense.

That's a weird looking little bo- oh wait that's why you fags like her...

>if i explain it with more words it makes it better

kill yourself, i'm expert at detecting bullshit and your post reeks of it

>well out response to arya's character arc

>lol ur post is bullshit 'cuz reasons

You're an idiot.

pshh loogadis dood

Sup Forums is retarded and all they care about is sounding smart and criticizing this show

This was the best episode in years

fuck off, you shitposting mong

So how the fuck did the younger actress pay for a faceless man anyway?

This is bullshit. Learning skills is not an arc. She was already operating on her own terms when she leaves the Hound to die and takes the leap by giving the coin to a Bravosi. She hasn't changed at all and she's in the same place as when she arrived.

>She was already operating on her own terms
Yes, but she gave up the moment she buried The Needle.

Because the shot has gone past the books in on a my to drop list rader dropped

You'd all be complaining that "SHE WASNT TRAINED GUYS HOW DID SHE KILL X?" as soon as she killed someone above her level without this "non-arc"

this is actually the real test.
after she'll kill the stick waving bitch, he'll be like 'a girl has shown her true self. only by accepting who she was, can she truly become no one'.

Huh? She fought and resisted the whole time and screwed up over and over again because she didn't give up. Burying Needle just meant that she was hiding her true self. Her giving up would have been throwing it away.

with titty jobs

She can't even kill some actress without being found out. Her training didn't do her much good.

You can't win. They've spent two seasons training her to be a killer in order to justify her doing some killing. It's been a bit slow and drawn out but that was probably in order to keep her story synchronised with everything else while her presence was maintained. Last night was a great conclusion

>the play
>I ran away
>do you like pretending to be other people
>my father is waiting for me

There's backstory, symbolism, pottery pretty much everything that could be asked for is there but still retards don't get it. What can you do?

Do you practice being retarded or is it a natural gift?

The Hound isn't dead. He was found by monks after Arya left him to die.
He joined the Faith as a monk.
It's the set up for Clegane Bowl. Cersei will have her Trial by Combat with The Mountain as her champion, and the Faith will call The Hound.

If the point of the arc is that she's a trained killer now the show went out of the way to show the opposite. If the point is that she's still Arya Stark at her core then she didn't really learn the thing that make the Faceless Men the best assassins in the world.

The hound got wrecked by Brianne of tarth, he'd last 5 seconds against mutant mountain

We've already established R'hllor is real, The Mountain winning is how they'll establish The Seven are real too

you guys JUST KNOW Arya will kill the other girl right

>Hound losing to a fucking woman

Would never happen tbqh

But it did.

Huh? Why?

>she learned how to change her face

She didn't learn how to do it herself though, so her entire reason for being there was pointless.

>the Hound got wrecked by Brienne of Tarth
>half starved
>festering wound
>tired as fuck
>tripped over a stone and fell down the side of a mountain

Brienne did not beat the Hound and she certainly didn't wreck him. The Hound ran out of room and stumbled over the side of a cliff. He was beating the shit out of Brienne before that and he wasn't even close to his old self. A Hound with a full stomach and a moderate buzz would fucking destroy Brienne and bugger her corpse with his swords, then his dick.

But it didn't, the Hound lost to a ledge and fell. Brienne got lucky as fuck.

Brienne drove him off the cliff. She won, he even admitted it as he was dying.

One of the few story lines that's actually interesting

she's going to kill the other girl and be friends with faceless man

>Arya will kill faceless bitch
>Arya will get started on her list
>Arya will then be killed by some unknown
>Unknown will remove his face and reveal himself to be Jaqen

Go ahead and screenshot this right away.

>D&D
>killing the strong women quartet Dany/Arya/Sansa/Brienne

try again

Except she didn't get any training beyond washing floors and getting hit with sticks. She's fucked up everything she tried to do.

Arya can fight in the dark, the other two cant. Hence the scene with her sword in the dark. Also fuck mobile, keeps putting an old name into my posts

It's so annoying because I like the Faceless Men stuff just so I can see my husbandfu Jaqen H'ghar, but I hate Arya

It's possible that Jaqen was giving it up for free or at a reduced price because it's a low effort target or because it was a test and they're using an initiate. Too bad Waif will die now because Arya will face her and waif was actually a loyal faceless.

Lol what, Nigga got beaten fair and square both in the sword fight and in the free for all brawl

By giving up something important to her or along those lines, the price for the faceless men are relative to the buyer.