soundcloud.com/justin1171/still-waiting-solo-first-half
vocaroo.com/i/s105HUKkDgIc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What are you listening to right now /gg/
youtube.com/watch?v=2RL8wH0dhDg

youtube.com/watch?v=Djzyqq5fvIc

youtube.com/watch?v=6xgGBtjxcXA

hmmm

So, 10 months since I picked the guitar for the very first time and this morning I tried to improv on a backing track for the very first time.
I'm sharing this because /gg/ has been pretty motivational for me this year and I can handle a little bantz.

youtube.com/watch?v=Gbeg1A8mWgo

>10 months since I picked the guitar for the very first time

and two hours since you made that exact same post for the last time

>reply to obvious bait
k

list of fa/gg/ots that ruined /gg/

>shoegayz offset numale hipster fags
>"le brutal xd" meal manbabbys
>irrelevant wankshred wannabe autists
>noob squire poorfags
>dadrawk blooze buttrockers

did I miss anyone?

please marry me and have my babies

Theres more shitposting for the lulz now, and youre oart of it.

playing real drums looks so fun but they're expensive as shit, take up a lot of space, and are hard to mic. but there's no lessons tailored to playing drums on a launch pad or something similar

Electronic drum kit

oh

>percussion

So literally everyone on here

been playing since october, just contacted someone about lessons

how meme of a decision is that?

Hey, /gg/, what's a good place to buy "non-stardard" guitars? I've been looking for a nice 8/9-string for ages now but rarely does anything ever come up

pete with his pointless discord bullshit

what about musicians who switched to guitar and have money to buy decent gear

Stop fucking using the word "meme" for everything. Its a good choice you god damn faggot. Now go away. Fuck.

thanks for the meme response

Rondo desu

I've got an Ibanez RG8PB in natural for sale. You want it?

no

>musicians
>guitar
Pick one

Reminder that guitar is literally the worst instrument to play if you want to join a band.

>guitarist available
>lead guitarist looking
>guitar/vocals lf bassist and drummer
>new to area guitar player looking for jams
>experienced guitarist for new or established band
>lead/rhythm guitarist looking for bandmates! (Bass and drums)

Every networking page, every time

Me neither ;__;

I'll check it out. Thanks

Can you ship it to Brazil?

Put it on reverb/craigslist you scrub.

>Brazil
I just assumed you were in the states, sorry.
I'm lazy.

If I do it for you will you pay me commission

I'll do it for less money than this guy. I accept sexual favors if you know what I mean.

I might post pics of it later. It's too cold to move right now.

were you going to say something faggot?

Are floyd roses even worth it?

only if you getcha pull

who's that guy on the white strat @ 4:40 why he doesnt do a single bend or vibrato
youtube.com/watch?v=FMEzFgCLv8c

>bass
>just want to find guys to play anime OP/ED's with

Maybe he wanted to stand out more by not doing what everyone else was

>he doesnt do a single bend or vibrato
so you don't know what those words mean or something?

he didnt bend strings not a single time not once he just fretted them

my drummer is playing in four bands, three as a drummer and one (the paying one) as a violin player

our guitar player plays bass in another band

I play bass in studio for quite a few artists

lmao

>he didnt bend strings not a single time not once
yes he did

There is nothing wrong with taking lessons and they can be very helpful.

How else are you gonna play Slayer songs

why buy a boss loop pedal instead of a cheap zoom g1on

So thinking about slowly getting back into guitar after a left wrist injury from a motorocycle accident (damn bone spurs).

I was actually more curious on how I can get myself a pedal based set up - what kind of amp and starter pedals would be recommended? Not sure where to start and any tips would be greatly appreciated.

singer's probably the easiest, but it's the hardest to do. fucking hate natural singers, i try so hard at it and i still sound bad

Don't even bother with improv until you can do it in sixteenth notes, which leaves you enough time to sound good and logical in eights.
Also your bends have bad intonation, the timing (not just rhythm) is off, and the overall result is simply boring. As a beginner, focus on some more important stuff.

Buy a pair of sticks, a practice pad (or make one yourself), and do Vic Firth's rudiments along a metronome. Add in your feet stomping to the beat, and you're almost practicing as efficiently as on a real drum.
No one plays drum on a launch pad, except for Brodequin's drummer, and that's because he fucked up his back playing too fast.
youtube.com/watch?v=D8doc6R7RvQ

Rondo music if you're in the US, since you'll have less issues with customer service and shipping there.
Also 9 strings have absolutely no use.

That's the main reason I'm considering to pick up a bass, but I can't find any cheap starter 5 string here.

Next to every decent amp will "take pedals well", but clean and loud amps are favored because there is more tonal options with them.
Also give your budget and genre, we can't do magic.

I'm willing to spend anywhere between 200-300 bucks for a starting set up... maybe 2-3 pedals to mess around with.

Looking to teach myself the math rock spectrum of sounds.

Yes bass and drums are in highest demand. There are bajillion guitarists. This is one of the reasons i switched over to bass. It's really nice being able to be picky about who i play with and when. As opposed to pretty much playing with whoever will have me (as a guitarist).

>Looking to teach myself the math rock spectrum of sounds.

play clean with a compressor and add some delay sometimes

do two-handed tapping and play gay leads that would make twink faggots blush

Sometimes good singers are hard to get.

>tfw looking for qt lavren from chvrches type who sings well and is qt enough to be marketable and get the band moar paying gigs (but also minimal drama and not a drug addict)

>math rock
Isn't math rock super light on effects ?

I've thought about something too, isn't it easier to start weird projects as a bassist too ?

I think a lot of bands would sound better without vocals, sometimes they restrict themselves too much around it.

bait

reckon they use delay sometimes don't they? he might be thinking of shoegaze tho

i'm working on my singing voice now. i just learned that i'm a tenor, and that i should be singing higher than i always would say in the car. my voice sounds A LOT better than it used to, and its still utter SHIT. i keep trying though, going to take a long time

Probably, but it's most likely just a little slapback kind of effect to give more depth to the sound and not "endless notes that echo through space".
Like said, a compressor can be a good idea, but I do some math rock-like (I guess) stuff without one.

Is there a point of learning how to play bass if you're not planning to join a band (at least for now)? Can you play some stand alone stuff (like melody) or is its sole purpose rhytm playing to guitars and other intruments?

>Can you play some stand alone stuff

No that's not allowed.

Re-tuning this beast to D standard from E, 10 - 52 should be enough for tension right? Also if I "block" the Floyd while restringing it will that make the process easier?

You'll need to reset the tension on the floyd's spring or keep it blocked.
10-52 is good for D standard, I'm using 10-50s personally but that's because my guitar is a piece of shit.

I'd use 11's for D standard.

wow holy fuuuuuuckaroli man maybe bending is NOT the only way to play emotionally.
listen to jazz guitar technique, no bends. best players.

>standing out is more important than sounding good
Once again we have proof guitarists care more about how they look than what they play

I meant it as a limitation of an instrument. Like you can't play melody of a song on triangle.

alright thats enough closing this tab now

but he is clearly playing some old blues licks and doesnt even do microtonal bends on the minor thirds

>tfw i unironically enjoy Steve Terreberry videos

What pedalboards do you guys use? I need a new one and am looking at either Pedaltrain Metro 24 or Harley Benton SS60.

I need something about the price/size of the Metro. What should I buy?

how to tremolo pick? It's driving me nuts cause I can't do it on the lower strings at all, pick always gets stuck, and on the higher strings my wrist doesn't nearly fast enough.

you gotta go fast

impressive that you have the balls to post this at your skill level. props though

keep practicing

you fucking casual, i use a piece of broken off pallet and Scotch tape.

I use an old boat oar and string.

I've stolen this today at guitar shop. Is it any good?

why is everyone but BB King utter shit?

seems like i could hear better guitar playing in any fucking guitar center. it's just bad pentatonic shit with horrible phrasing (pentatonic only playing can be good)

cut the middle man and just straight up glue the pedals on your guitar body. god, it's as if i'm the only rational man in here sometimes.

Made one out of spruce, p solid, but kinda heavy(has 12 pedals and a power supply though)

Is that stereo and tap tempo? Nice.

Jimmie Vaughan, one of the best blues rhythm guitarists out there

No tap. Only stereo.

I can tremolo as good with the pick parallel to the strings

rate the solo so far lads

absolutely ZERO idea on where to take it for the next part. also how long do you think it should be? it's hard to come up with enough stuff that sounds pretty without repeating myself

forgot link
soundcloud.com/justin1171/still-waiting-solo-first-half

and if you dont want to give me views on soundcloud i made a vocaroo of it, remembered lots of you guys dont like soundcloud links
vocaroo.com/i/s105HUKkDgIc

pretend i didn't fuck up the end. the beginning part is just the chorus riff

lmao

Good exercise is do downstrokes on one string as fast as you can, in time, in 3 mins. Don't go faster than you can constantly in 3 mins. Then do 3 mins of alternate picking, but the same speed as the downstrokes only. It will feel really slow. Do it as a right hand warm up every time you start playing. Every few days try to go up a few bpm. In a month you'll be faster and be able to to it for longer. When you go to do tremolo pick as fast as you can, it will be easy because you can essentially go twice as fast as the all downstrokes part you were practising.

w-what

>tfw have a guitar that needs the action set up and electronics fixed but I'm too autistic to call the one music shop in my small as fuck town to ask if they have a luthier so I just bought the stuff necessary to do it myself

It's a good thing I enjoy working with my hands and learn quickly.

>tfw post solo i'm really proud of on a thread on Sup Forums asking for feedback and the only reply was a guy saying lmao

Just practice more instead of feeling sorry for yourself

If you're proud of it just play it and have fun, don't look for validation from us asshole anonymous in this chinese cartoons board.

I recently picked up a fender deluxe jazz bass, and I'm unsure whether or not I got ripped off. It looks/feels and sounds fair enough, but i could find no information on the model/any pictures.
Do you guys know anything/what are your thoughts?
Any signs of a fake?
(Pics will follow)

alright, thanks for the tip, I'll try that out. the issue I have is that the pick always gets stuck, even when I'm angling it, and I can't quite figure out why.

what needs work?