>"Guys, I've got our sound."

>be on Sup Forums
>meme till you die

ex-muse fan reporting in

showbiz is decent but not as good as the people who bum it think it is
OoS is very good and is actually their best, the plebs got it right for once
absolution is good but not as good as i used to think it is
bh&r is decent and not as bad as the people who hate it think it is
everything after is garbage, but the 2nd law in particular is the actual worst album i have ever sat and listened to front to back

>Muse is Radiohead-lite
And Radiohead owes Can royalties as far as I'm concerned.

OOS > BH&R > Absolution > Showbiz > Resistance > didn't listen to the other two lol

How so?

I could be mis-remembering it, because I haven't listened to In Rainbows since it came out, but It sounded like an alt-rock'd cover of Ege Bamyasi to me.

>so i start listening to it
Ok, more electronic and a little more rocking than I remembered. I still don't think I'm THAT far off though. I'd just much rather listen to Kraftwerk or Television or Can than post-Ok Computer Radiohead.

Nice backpedaling

staccato guitar over a drumbeat =/= plagiarism you mongoloid

>be Muse
>love Radiohead more than life itself
>make a debut album that blatantly copies Radiohead
>we start to get lots of fans
>make another album that copies Radiohead
>we gain more fans
>make another album that copies Radiohead
>we gain even more fans
>make another album that copies Radiohead but this one is poppier and worse than the others
>we gain more fans than ever but some of our old fans are alienated
>decide to make an album that rips off Queen instead of Radiohead
>it's a load of shit that alienates our old fans
>decide to make an album that's influenced by electronic music instead of Queen or Radiohead
>it's even worse than our last album
>decide to make a laughably awful political album
>it's the worst thing we've ever made

Muse are one of the most overrated rock bands of the 21st century. They were decent when they were ripping off Radiohead but once they broke away from Radiohead they became un-listenable.

Kid A, Amnesiac, Hail to the Thief, In Rainbows, The King of Limbs and A Moon Shaped Pool definitely owe a lot to Can and other krautrock bands but Pablo Honey, The Bends and OK Computer have very little in common with krautrock.

>definitely owe a lot to Can and other krautrock bands
Just jamming over a beat?

>clarifying a pithy exaggeration qualifies as "backpedaling"
So, you *don't* want me to admit that I wasn't terribly accurate? You'd rather I just doubled down on "trying to win" instead of "trying to articulate my point"?

Seriously, tell me that There, There (holy shit I switched albums, MOVING GOALPOSTS!!!!) or Weird Fishes Arpeggi don't sound like updated Can songs.

exactly my point. thank you.

It's not JUST jamming over a beat. You're oversimplifying it. Consider the timbre of the interments and Thom's voice. These songs are not "One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer." There is a distinct influence from the art/kraut/new wave bands of the late 70's and early 80's.

Agreed

>2017
>falling for this meme

they're really good live though so I'm glad I was a fan for a while. I still revisit BH&R and Origin from time to time

>Seriously, tell me that There, There (holy shit I switched albums, MOVING GOALPOSTS!!!!) or Weird Fishes Arpeggi don't sound like updated Can songs.
Nope. See >Consider the timbre of the interments
Guitars and drums and bass?
>and Thom's voice
Oh does he sound like Malcolm or Damo?
>There is a distinct influence from the art/kraut/new wave bands of the late 70's and early 80's.
influence =/= plagiarism

This should be the manifesto of all people who were fans of Muse in high school

>guitar, drum, bass
instrumentation and timbre are different things.
>Thom and Damo sound nothing alike
youtu.be/3VmM8qRRLwU
>still refusing to acknowledge a clear exaggeration about "royalties"
alright

how are oos, absolution and bh&r radiohead rip off?

>instrumentation and timbre are different things.
Non sequitor
>youtu.be/3VmM8qRRLwU
Doesn't sound like Thom. Sorry
>alright
So you misspoke

>oos
it's a great album, but it still is wannabe Radiohead. Don't kid a yourself.

Wow, yeah, that's pretty accurate

not at all. the only album where muse sounds like radiohead is showbiz. everything past that isnt even close. name radiohead songs that sound like new born, bliss, citizen erased, space dementia, plug in baby or futurism.

>name radiohead songs that sound like new born, bliss, citizen erased, space dementia, plug in baby or futurism.
The Trickster, Polyethylene, Black Star, Sulk, Bones, etc.

Just listen to Ennio Morricone famalam
youtube.com/watch?v=H3XeDh1hrv8

yeah all of these have guitar, bass, drums and vocals. muse = radiohead confirmed

muse = nirvana × radiohead

Every time I hear muse or coldplay or any other shitpop band I think to myself "I could be listening to radiohead right now". Then I start listening to radiohead

pro-tip: radiohead is shitpop too

Can confirm, liked Muse in High School, this is objective truth.

Also Resistance has its okay moments, never bothered to listen to 2ndLaw/Drones.

>be muse
>loudly inhale into the microphone between lines
>compress the whole audio without edits so the inhale is just as loud as the actual voice
Cannot unhear this distracting flaw

This kills the Muse.

muse = radiohead + hard rock

instrumental is sick ty dude

>Radiopleb

Muse is bland derivative trash

Radiohead spin off band, that's all they were when they were decent and later on they made their own terrible shitty style of rock music

muse = queen + radiohead - originality

You really think there's any hint on nirvana in their sound m8?

Muse kinda got me into music as a teenager and I agree up until bh&r. I recall liking some parts on Resistance, I don't even remember 2nd Law and never listened to Drones

This all the way. I got into them just post - Black Holes so when they released The Resistance I ate it up despite knowing deep down it was a pretty big decline in quality. I remember some of the heavier rock tracks were literal recycling riffs and melodies from past songs.

2nd Law couldn't even hold my interest past a few songs and I just gave up on them. What I've heard from Drones sounds like a sad attempt at "getting back to their roots" but completely missing the point. It may be their most guitar heavy album since Oos (so I've heard) but the songs I've heard from it sound miles away despite being instrumentally similar.

You really think there's any hint on queen in their sound m8?

Nice b8 m8

(You)

I know this is b8. But just in case you're actually retarded or some other twat here believes you...

youtube.com/watch?v=B1Jfk8j63a0