Best album of 1967

I think one of the best year in popular music containing many great albums, but which one among them is the best ?

Pinkerton.

Piper At The Gates Of Dawn or The Velvet Underground & Nico.

"Pinkerton"

>1967

an unexpected challenger appears

>forever changes
>safe as milk
>tvu&nico
>sgt. peppers
are all in my top 10 all time

los puertos-los puertos

That's '68 friendo
Try Sorcerer instead

theres like two songs that hold it back from being the best imo. i know it was probably a label move to include may this be love and maybe even the title track

I really enjoy the title track, what is your complaint with its inclusion (if you have one, I may well be assuming wrongly, just seems you think it is a weak track.)?

goat album, though looking at it, 1967 was a pretty stacked year

Unbeatable

that's cuz you're a pleeeeeeb

actually not friendo, I'm just very attatched to music I've heard for a long time. what's your top 5 then? be honest.

does this really count

It's mainly 1967 I believe

Yeah but you can't just take archival releases and put them up against albums that were recorded at the same time. While it's an engaging and interesting collection of songs, and definitely groundbreaking given the year they were recorded, the process of putting together and editing an album is an important equalizer when comparing albums. If every artist in this thread had the same luxury of having all of their recordings from '66-'67 carefully curated by 21st century archivists into an album, then we'd basically be talking which greatest hits collection is best. At that point, you're not comparing albums, you're comparing artists with a time constraint.

what

Fair point