Fuck Portlandia

As someone who has spent 21 years in Portland, I can honestly say that Portlandia is the worst thing to happen to this city in my entire lifetime. It is an awful, slanderous misrepresentation of Portlanders; it makes it look like the entire city is nothing but obnoxious, bitchy hipsters. Portland is a beautiful city with a diverse population, and the annoying hipsters are only a tiny part of that community! If you agree with me that it is an awful show that disgraces the city of Portland, like my anti-Portlandia Facebook page: Portlanders Who Hate Portlandia. You don't have to be from Portland to like the page. You'll have to look it up on your Facebook because Sup Forums won't let me post the link. Comment on this thread if you want to join me in ranting about the various aspects you find shitty about the show (or if you like it, I'm up for a spirited debate). You are also encouraged to comment on my Facebook page as well.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TZt-pOc3moc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i hate portlandia also brosef, im from st.johns parts, whereabouts are you? i try to avoid the downtown parts that portlandia exagerates

>Proving them right

nicely memed, but why do we have to bitch and whine about different groups when we're all destined to die in nuclear hellfire anyway?

seems kinda petty tbqhwy

>we're all destined to die in nuclear hellfire anyway?

Do you see it in your dreams too?

Those of us with open minds have been seeing it our entire lives, user. How I long for the cleansing fire of armageddon.

I was in portland for a week, and while I was taking the bus somewhere, people were wearing some insanely hipster shit. I think you're just mad

yes, user

when i see those mushroom clouds rising, it's like seeing home appear on the horizon

>getting this mad at satire
its supposed to be exaggerated

I'm mad that people like that exist in my city, but I'm more mad that people outside of Portland think that's all we are.

"stop sterotyping me! i'm a human being not a hipster!"

I'm from the Alberta neighborhood, around 63rd and Foster. I hate downtown too, it's definitely the hipster-heaviest part of town. The problem with Portlandia is that it's most of what is making Portland so awful, because before it came out the hipster culture was insignificant, but now that it exists there are hipsters flocking here from all over the world because they think it's a haven for them, and by doing so they are making it true! The worst part is that none of the shows creators are even from Portland!

>worst thing that has happened to my city is a crappy satire that no one watches about how obnoxious people in my city are

Irony is sweet

As a former Reedie I find the show unfunny because it's too real. Sometimes things are obviously meant to be exaggerated and stereotyped, but for the most part it feels like you could easily run into those characters in real life.

The sketch with the hotel that has a DJ instead of a desk clerk was spot on.

Eat shit dude.

its got you pegged

Show me a hotel like that in Portland and I'll believe your dumb ass.

>worrying about what people outside your city think of you

What are you, fucking 6? I actually hope you're not joking because it's more satisfying knowing you're rightfully feeling shitty about the whole thing

>Diverse population

Sounds like shit mayne.

Dumbshit, it's because I fucking hate the fraction of the population here that are hipsters, and thanks to that shitty show thousands more of them are flocking here from wherever it is where Satan spawns them.

That show's about Portland?

I just assumed that "Portlandia" was just a hipster/faggot term for the entire left coast I wasn't familiar with...

I hear Portland has the highest atheist population in the US.

Might be true. It's a pretty rational and otherwise cool city.

Leave Portland, though, and almost everywhere else in Oregon is hardcore, backwoods rednecks, which is why the voting is always so skewed when people think PDX=OR.

*tips fedora*

I didn't know that, but that's pretty awesome if true!

>not a limp wristed urbanite faggot marxist hipster = hardcore, backwoods redneck

This is why they hate you.

That explains it.

>Portland is a beautiful city with a diverse population

And rent is skyrocketing almost as bad as it is in Seattle.

Give it a year and a 250 sq ft studio in a shitty part of town will run you minimum $1000/month

What's wrong with that?

It's one of the cleanest cities in the country, with some of the best public transportation, and generally people just care more about things that matter.

Because obviously the two demographics brought up in this article are the only ones who exist in Oregon. This is what sucks about living here, the rest of the country has a very skewed point of view as to what we really are like, probably largely thanks to that show.

*tips fedora again*

>reading comprehension

That's another reason Portlandia is ruining the city. It's the main reason all these gay-ass hipsters are flocking here from everywhere else, and that's driving rent up. It actually has a fairly significant impact on the city, and it sucks.

Thread theme song:

youtube.com/watch?v=TZt-pOc3moc

Define "shitty part of town", because to me that says felony flats, and I know for a fact rent is nowhere near that.

I hope you realize there is a character on this show that is literally you.

You just played yourself

How can a city be rational? Or any other attribute of personality?

So it sounds exactly like Austin, TX which I had a feeling about already. Everyone thinks it's a hipster mecca which is partially true but it's an interesting town with a lot of cool shit going on which is surrounded by mouth breathing rednecks.

I wanted to move to Portland because it seems like it has a similar feeling to Austin but with a much better climate, I fucking hate it here.

That's like asking how a city can be religious.

Fuck off, cuck.

Portland is beautiful precisely because it is the whitest city of any size left in America.

I hate to admit it, but there is some truth to this.

Not really. I city's religiosity will usually show in some way. Even if rationality was the opposite of religion, atheism is just a lack of religion. A vacuum.

>Visit Portland to see friends
>Teenaged white boy homeless kids accosting me for money like they deserve what I've earned

That's all that really sucked about Portland. Hipsters/people with their heads really far up their asses is more of a SF specialty anyway. Or any college town really.

Faggot

It's satire, they hardly even poke fun at the city or its people anymore. But you sound like limp wristed pussy when people have their hometowns/cities parodied they usually don't bitch about it on Sup Forums

>Alberta neighborhood
>63rd and Foster

I moved away some years ago, but thought that was strip club neighborhood.

I've lived in Portland for almost a decade, and OP's full of shit. That show has this liberal shithole pegged exact. The only tolerable thing about living here is there's a big nigger population that constantly preys on the nu-male hipsters, so it's immensely gratifying seeing a fresh news report every day about some faggy hipster getting shanked off 82nd for his pot by a gaggle of feral niggers.

>living right outside of Downtown
>take a walk down a popular street
>people listen to the Portlandia theme song in their cars
>hipster /fa/ cucks everywhere
>people talking about the show

Why are human beings so shitty, to move somewhere and base your whole existence on a decent TV show. Is this what we have come to as people.

Wasn't there a shooting like a week back around 82nd where some basketball americans were trying to rob someone in the drive-thru of McDonalds?

>gibs me does mcnuggets nigga

>it makes it look like the entire city is nothing but obnoxious, bitchy hipsters.

It's worse than Melbourne.

This sounds like a Portlandia sketch

I live in Preston, which is Australia's equivalent (or, one of). I feel your pain and am thankful there is no TV show about my town.

first season was decent

id say about 1 out of 8 skits are funny now

worth a watch on youtube for single skits but not full episode

I like the show

Washed Out is nice though.

Would be weird to listen to that exact song desu

I'm thinking of moving there, do you have any spare change to get me some meme hand me down clothing and/or a commune house to stay at?

the time is near

A few nights ago, I dreamt of a ring of fire in the sky.

It cant be long now. Atomic fire will soon cleanse everything.

It's just not a funny or entertaining show. I've never been to Portland though.

Yeah, even if I didn't live in Portland I'd probably think it was boring. I can't say for sure, on account of my personal bias, but I did always feel that the skits were way to long and drawn out (much like Dane Cook's standup), to the point where even if something funny came around it wasn't worth the wait.

tinyurl.cum/heeoh58

OP here. Here is a link to the FB page for hating Portlandia! Replace the U in cum with an O and you'll be there!

That's not a virus or anything.

Fuck you dude, have you never heard of salem or eugene? I seriously doubt you're a portlander, oh wait, you think you're better than everyone I stand corrected.

That's a very Portlandia thing of you to do OP.

I went on Holiday to Portland in the late 90's.

It was the most hipster place on the planet.

Portland needs more niggers.

Ace Hotel.

Holy shit this assblastery

t. Seattle

Hit a little close to home huh?

That was after Portlandia made it that way.

>late 90s
>portalndia

I love Portlandia it's a great show. Fred is a comedic genius and Carrie isn't bad herself. I give it a 9/10 op swallow lead.

I hope you choke on your organic cous cous, faggot.

I wish Carrie would peg me

My brother lives in Portland I want to never go there again

long story short his gf of 6 years cucked him and is a druggy loser lmao

>we're all destined to die in nuclear hellfire anyway

Don't be stupid: The AI will use a tailored virus to whittle Earth's population down to a manageable slave population, held in thrall by routine doses of the antivirus.

>That was after Portlandia made it that way.

>a tv show did this
>not DUDE WEED LMAO

Same thing happened to Denver.

>Hipsters

[i]le sigh[/i]

“Hipster” is a term co-opted for use as a meaningless pejorative in order to vaguely call someone else’s authenticity into question and, by extension, claim authenticity for yourself.

It serves no conversational function and imparts no information, save for indicating the opinions and preferences of the speaker.

Meanwhile, a market myth has sprung up around the term, as well as a cultural bogeyman consisting of elusive white 20-somethings who wear certain clothes (but no one will agree on what), listen to certain music (no one can agree on this either), and act a certain way (you’ve probably sensed the pattern on your own).

You can’t define what “that kind of behavior or fashion or lifestyle” actually is, nor will you ever be able to. That’s because you don’t use “hipster” to describe an actual group of people, but to describe a fictional stereotype that is an outlet for literally anything that annoys you.

The twist, of course, is that if it weren’t for your own insecurities, nothing that a “hipster” could do or wear would ever affect you emotionally. But you are insecure about your own authenticity - “Do I wear what I wear because I want to? Do I listen to my music because I truly like it? I’m certainly not like those filthy hipsters!” - so you project those feelings.

Suffice it to say, no one self-identifies as a hipster; the term is always applied to an Other, to separate the authentic Us from the inauthentic, “ironic” Them.

The fire rises.

>wah people make fun of my shitty city

Who gives a fuck

Pretty sure Sleater Kinney is from Portland.

pretty sure Sleater Kinney is from Olympia, WA actually retard

You wanna fight, dude?

Sleater Kinney is from Olympia, WA

they're named after a street near the downtown

I live in Eugene and while I don't like the show:

Fuck you.
And fuck your city.
And the people who live there.
And all the overpriced garbage.

Good fondue joints tho

> meaningless pejorative

Hear this all the time. Usually by hipsters.
I know and you know exactly who we're talking about when we use this term. The music, the politics, the lifestyle. If you vote "progressive, listen to indie/folk/trap/ect, got a faggy lumber beard, wear ray ban knock off shades, constantly complain about white people despite being white.
Are you getting the picture?
It's only vague because theres so much shitty behavior to cover. But rest assured, people who netted labeled hipster generally are.

Also iphones, vapes or rolls their own, cares about their karma level on reddit

0/10

"City" as a collective noun for the people in it, you autist.

literally no it's not and it's a rundown shithole that's like 80% white.
t. beaverton

Do you guys work for a cinema? Because you are both great projectionists

I've spent all my life looking for Twin Peaks and when I do I will make a home for myself

Nobody gives a shit about suburban Beaverton scum who think they're somehow part of Portland.

What's portland really like?

denver was like that in the 60s man

Portland sucks. Maybe when you grow up, cut your hair, and get a real job you can join the rest of the adults here in Seattle, faggot.

It rains as much as Shittattle but much poorer and has more crime.

Is this supposed to be ironic?