Where were you when David Bowie was kill?

Where were you when David Bowie was kill?

Sup Forums

On Sup Forums. Someone made a thread like a minute after it was announced and everyone started freaking out over it.

Staying over at a friend's house
I woke up to a bunch of calls and text around 3am when he died because they all knew how much I idolize the guy

/aco/

I learned that he had died just before passing one of my midyear exams

I was like eh, I did ok on my exam

I've been told by teachers that some retards actually wrote on their copy that they were too sad about his death to work properly

on Sup Forums. same with lemmy. and both guys from elp.... and the guy from riverside

I think I need to take some time off Sup Forums

I was in bed
To be fair, if I'd not studied for my exams I'd use Bowie's death to try and get some sort of bereavement thing for it.

rolling in my six four

Got up at 2 am for no real reason and coincidentally had Suffragette city stuck in my head. Went onto Sup Forums and there it was. Went to Wikipedia's recent death page to confirm and my heart dropped

Apparently he had time to kick it.

I was at a party. I was talking to my friend about David Bowie and the next morning I was told he died. No bullshit.

Home. I had just gotten back from outside. I had Blackstar in my ear while I was out in the cold just going about my business. I had a bit of a long walk, so I could focus on the lyrics to pass the time. They made me a bit sad. Then I get home and turn on the TV. My TV is always set to local news, and that's when I heard David Bowie had passed.

Before that, a friend had sent me a Facebook message saying "You killed David Bowie," but I hadn't responded because I was asleep and, generally, I don't check messages in the morning.

>at my computer
>read news of Bowie's death
>freak the fuck out
>music bro roommate is right outside my door doing laundry
>burst through door
>'bowie is kill'
>'no'

(this was before I discovered Sup Forums in summer of 16)

>Monday morning, has been a big Bowie fan for 2 years
>Walk into art class senior year of high school
>Friend is there
>"Hey, did you hear about David Bowie"
>"Yeah, he released his album friday, it's great"
>"...No...he died."

Ruined my day.

I remeber. I was buying trips to my bus ticket. Checked phone and saw the news. david boe is died :( immediatbi beginning feeling sad

Having a sad wank and trying to lose weight

I was up at about 1 in the morning playing an old mod for an old game with my best friend in the world who I'd played it with tons way back. It was an exercise in nostalgia.

So I'm fairly drunk, die in the game. Alt-tab. One of the only pages on my Facebook that posts semi-frequently is the official Bowie page. Check Facebook, and the first post up is their official announcement he had passed. Before anything on Sup Forums or the news, before anyone said anything. That was the first notice and I managed to catch it in the first ten minutes.

I immediately took another double of my scotch and started crying a little bit. Next morning I woke up with tons of well wishes about it. Which is funny, because he was just a celebrity, not family or anything. I'd always made the fact he was my hero and like my favorite artist apparent, but I didn't expect it to affect me quite how it did and I absolutely didn't expect people to come to me about it.

This was the post, by the way.

I was on 4chin. Thought it was just another bait.

Was talking with some friends about how him and Elvis shared a birthday and listening to Blackstar, We all loved it and the next morning I found out when one of them called me as I was getting ready to go to work. I was totally lifeless the whole week.

I was asleep. As I was getting up for work my mum told me.

Woke up and checked my group chats and saw it while still in bed. I listened to Blackstar to fall asleep the night before ;(

taking a shit

Dad woke me up telling me that he died. It was pretty surrealistic ;_;

Was at uni playing kotor or something and my friend messaged me about his death. I really didnt expect it, was just listening to blackstar the night before.
When I heard he died I just started drinking vodka all day and listening to his discography again.

I was listening to Blackstar and browsing Sup Forums

in bed, just before a midterm exam.

had blackstar on the night before while going to sleep.

ended up crying in the shower.

I was on Sup Forums when someone posted this screenshot, and I immediately check it out.

repost from the other thread
I was sleeping on the couch cause my room had flooded the night before and I'd been woken up by my mum doing stuff in the kitchen at like 6am and I was still trying to wake up and make sense of the world when I heard mum scream DAVID BOWIE'S DIED from the other room.