Studio albums aside, what other essential King Crimson releases do I need?

Studio albums aside, what other essential King Crimson releases do I need?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kl69qnWbQ_M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You need more than the studio albums?

all of their live albums

youtube.com/watch?v=kl69qnWbQ_M

i'd assume you mean live stuff then
the night watch is good, as it absent lovers
their recent live albums are okay too
on the dgm site they have almost every show theyve ever played archived and available for download too

oh boy

they are very much a live band. their songs expand and evolve over years - to the point that fripp doesn't actually make original songs any more (I think he is on record saying he will never make another true studio album). he just reinterprets old ones for live audiences with new instrumentation and passages

I would suggest going through their entire live discography if you are a fan. skip the collectors club stuff if that's too overwhelming - they're probably difficult to find anyway

Where should I start with king crimson, never listened to him before

>Where should I start with king crimson,

You shouldn't

Chronological order in this situation is a pretty good idea.

This, progressive rock is a scourge that (than God) hasn't been relevant in almost 40 years

Fucking plebs
Kill yourselves

>this nigger likes KC and calls me a pleb

I would start chronologically but if you want it a shorcut:

>I like Jazz: Lizards
>I like classical: Islands
>I like talking heads: Discipline
>I like psych rock: ITCOTCK
>"dude, i already love rock": Red (their best by the way)

keep Larks' Tongues in Aspic and Starless and Bible Black for later sessions

KC are better than your favorite band you dumb nigger

Fuck off to your rap thread faggot

their new live albums are neat

>2 King Crimson live albums are in RYM top 10 for 2016
Kek

>Fuck off to your rap thread faggot

You presume too much about me, you outrageous nigger. Go smoke your grape swisher sweets, you buffoon.

OP here, downloading The Night Watch as my first Live Crimson album, quite excited desu desu

ProjeKct X – Heaven and Earth
Robert Fripp – Exposure

You are still a faggot wth shit taste and should kill yourself

The Great Deceiver and USA are essentials of the 70s era. Absent Lovers is essential of 80s era. Vroom Vroom for double trio. Radical Action to Unseat the Hold of Monkey Mind for good look into current Crimson.

Every live KC album is distinguishably different. Start with those and start looking more into what parts you find interesting. The DGM website has a great collection of every recorded performance with quality ratings and snippets about the specific performance so you can figure out which ones are the worthwhile ones of each era