/tg/ Top Gear Thread

>"Now we have to hand it over to our tame racing driver-"
Stopped before he got to the jokes and tried to tear my heart more than he already has.
Where did you guys throw in the towel on this steaming lump of squirrel shit and decide to wait for the real Top Gear on Amazon Prime?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/carolvorders/status/737006359393239040
youtube.com/watch?v=wYaXw8TZEvs
youtube.com/watch?v=QbJPF18sejY
youtube.com/watch?v=I7g08nwEmyY
youtube.com/watch?v=O1zfuBgCUqY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I dropped when they actually shown the footage of Jesse Eisenberg trying to drive a car. What an embarassment for the first episode of a car show

First time I've been thankful for a spoiler.

Guy Martin alongside LeBlanc would have been pretty great. Chris Evans is WAAAY TOO LOUD AND ENERGETIC and nobody really respects him. Guy Martin earns instant adulation for being a good bloke and Isle of Man TT legend

>Error: Our system thinks your post is spam. Please reformat and try again.
wat

I managed to get through all of it.

Never again.

>stig's lap-time commentary
>and he's off
>round the first corner
>round the second corner
>round the third corner
>so on and so forth
>round the last corner
>and over the finish line!

>yfw he said "IN THE WORLD"

>indian guys here to demonstrate 1 ton of poo

He's not a good bloke.

>checked
and the system has daddy issues so its kinda jumpy about perfectly normal shit

I was willing to give the new Top Gear a go, especially as they retained a lot of the behind-camera stuff. But that complete cunt Chris Evans just had to sign up, I hate him, I hate him so fucking much

>wahhh I hate this show because it's not run by old racists anymore
Fuckin 12 year old edgelords

>falling for the jezza is racist meme

This is out now?

yeah check bbc iplayer
but walking on dry semen is probably more entertaining

I might have actually given this a chance if based Guy would have been in it.

Why?

>calling an Asian a slope and saying the n word isn't racism

I wish Evans had not been so shouty and chatty.

He is never going to be Clarkson so it's best he just try to be his own man.

Or let Joey be the frontman.

>Welcome to Top Gear, I'm Matt LeBlanc--'ow you doin'?

Evans is a prima donna, only he can be the front man. He lives in a dream world where he genuinely thinks he's popular, charismatic, and cool. But be negative and he takes it like a toddler being told its bed time.

thanks

This will be his first and last season without a doubt.

He stopped himself before actually saying nigger. Beyond that, he's from a time where that was an actual nursery rhyme for kids. Also, incase you were unaware, it's still okay to be racist towards asians.

Yeah I guess that's natural. I remember him being much the same on the radio but to me TG was always automobile journalists who happened to be automotive enthusiasts as well.

Having some chatterbox desperately trying to fill in any dead air with ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEEEE doesn't do it for me.

Yeah. Its as if a much more annoying Richard Hammond is doing the show now

I watched all of it

So does that mean you turned off the old show when there were rubbish celebrities in the car too?

Not exactly a valid criticism of this version is it, when that exact same thing happened in the old show

YEAH LOL IT'S RUBBISH ISN'T IT RIGHT GUISE

(...am I cool yet? Does Sup Forums like me? Please, I have no other friends...)

Even the audience looked bored as fuck.
Can't wait for The grand tour

>Caring about -isms

Grow up.

not as bad mate be fair. Plus why on the first show back do you put on a celebrity who has zero interest in cars and clearly had one attempt at the course before doing the interview and fucking off. I bet they wish they could have dropped his footage entirely but Im sure the theatre company was paying them to plug

No we're not doing it for the memes. We seriously hate this shit.
Damn everyone on Sup Forums is so edgy. You can't criticise anything that others coincidentally criticise because you're "trying to be cool".

DUDE FACTS LMAO

>it's a millennial doesn't understand the concept of humour post

Why did they have to keep showing the audience anyways? Didn't help everyone looked like they were paid to be there.

I like LeBlanc, but fucking christ is that Chris guy annoying. How did this fuckhead become popular in bongland?

What's with the BBC shill in these threads? I've never watched Top Gear but this is the most obvious shilling I've ever seen on Sup Forums.

I wouldn't put it past the BBC trying to (and failing) trying to discredit opponents here.

>MFW the clarkson one bombs because he's a fucking toddler

HOLY SHITTTTTTTTTT WITNESSED MY FIRST FUCKING QUADS ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME????????????!!!!!!!!! SATANIC QUADS AS WELL HOLY MOTHERFUCKING FUCK

sold his production company. earnt millions. made another production company and demanded he star in the shows

And a good post too. Treasure it user.

>not as bad mate be fair.
Some of the old celebs were really, really rubbish
>Plus why on the first show back do you put on a celebrity who has zero interest in cars
They were trying to appeal to the American audience with him but they did that before with Will Smith, Tom Cruise, etc

They still had Gordon Ramsey who is very much a car nut and did a really good lap

>had one attempt at the course
I doubt that, I think he was just shit. They always get multiple tries and Gordon said "right let's make this one good" or something like that

The English are truly a beautiful people.

>we
>DUDE I'M PART OF AN EDGY ONLINE CLUB LMAO
>I'VE GOT ALL THESE ONLINE FRIENDS, WE ALL AGREE, THIS IS WHAT WE THINK, WE'RE LIKE A GROUP AREN'T WE HAHAHAHA LMAO
Give it a rest

You're right, you've rustled me, call up the BBC complaints department mate, I'm sure they'd love to hear your complaint about encountering """""""""""BBC marketers""""""""""" on Sup Forums

On Clarkson's watch they used to encourage attractive women to turn up then tell them to stand at the front. Another reason to hate the new series.

I realise I didn't criticise your point very well. What I'm saying is that you're literally just trying to be part of some edgy online club which is evidenced by the fact you said "we". You're not interested in expressing your own opinion, you're interested in expressing an opinion which you think will validate you amongst your online Sup Forums friends (because you don't have any in real life)

>i only watched it for the fit gurls

are you 12

Irony overload.

im streaming it right now because i didnt get time to watch it yesterday.

Good fucking god i hate hatehateee Chris evans so much. He is the definition of cringe.

fucking look at his body! He is built like a thirteen year old where an old mans face has been stuck on!

And it is obvious that no one in the cast likes him! Leblanc nearly rolled his eyes when he was "dismissed" before the star in a reasonably priced car segment.

FIRE HIM and make Schmitz, Harris and Leblanc the main characters of this show - evans is shit.

Guy is a literal autist

He's said before that he wouldn't be able to do regular TV shows

Not really ironic mate, I'm expressing my own opinion, which is that there are some good bits to this new Top Gear

I will keep watching it and I will watch The Grand Tour too

Yup this, he literally has Asbergers

I felt like LeBlanc could be great but that he was restricted and forced. Let him say what he wants and he'll make his own banter, not forced jokes about being american

The celeb section was awful.
There was no interview, no chat no conversation no banter and no chemistry, just 2 people sat down, immediately go to the cars, lap, times, done, over.

Clarkson would have a chat about their career and shit before even getting to the cars.

It was so awkward getting them to introduce each other and tell us what they're up to

twitter.com/carolvorders/status/737006359393239040

pwned by mathsMILF

Don't worry lads. Next week sharleen spiteri and Shaun Ryder must race from London to Newcastle by moped in time to save gazza from relapsing. Meanwhile Danny baker chases them in a helicopter trying to knock them off by throwing unsold ocean color scene LPs at them.

>he can't handle the bants

Jezza is without a doubt a racist.
But he's a funny racist.

It was essentially just Chris Evan going "Look at how great America is!!! I hate Britain!!! We can't do anything!!! Woohoo America!!!"

LeBlanc will quit after the first season, regardless of what he signed up for
He just can't stand Chris

I was flicking the channels and decided to watch it for 10 mins. I gave up when they did the drag race and introduced drag queens.

The old boys would've laughed there asses of at the idea of drag queens, let alone put them on the show.

Chris is a cunt trying to act like he isn't a cunt

Problem is he can't act. He's being scripted to sound like he's ad libbing

Who gives a fuck? The majority of the people in the world are racist as fuck, far more racist than Clarkson, why is it a massive fucking deal? I'd understand if he was some sort of nazi or saying racist slurs, or brinign it on the show. But people only think racism is such a bad thing 1: when white people do it and 2: because they're told it's bad

>"And now, over to our tame racing driver"
>"Some say it was actually him who punched the producer, and that Clarkson was implying taking the fall for him...all we know is he's called The Stig!"

How the fuck did they get away with thay

>mfw that's what people enjoy about him.

they had hammond driving drag queens on the show man

can't believe you guys would contribute to this trash's ratings by watching/streaming on iplayer.

anyways, what are your favorite moments from the old show? post clips

>bmw convertibles full of fecal matter
youtube.com/watch?v=wYaXw8TZEvs
>peak banter from clarkson and james may smokes weed
youtube.com/watch?v=QbJPF18sejY
>caravan challenge
youtube.com/watch?v=I7g08nwEmyY
>vietnam special. 10/10 ep
>hammond fixing his model ship is a highlight
youtube.com/watch?v=O1zfuBgCUqY

They had James May drive around a drag queen.
They poked fun at it, it was tongue in cheek and pretty funny.
Chris Evans and Leblanc were straight faced the entire time, as if they were actually transporting women.

>New track with a jump, offroad sections and water sections

Holy fuck I burst out laughing when Ramsay went through that first offroad section, fucking bonkers they thought that was a good idea.

>words are inherently offensive
>the meaning of words can be independent of context
even though this post is a troll, there are people that believe this

I know they get 5 attempts, not sure if it's the last try or teh bestest that counts tho.

>that one guy facing the wrong direction

He's "TV racist", in that he'll make a joke and some people will feel offended on the behalf of others; other people they didn't ask for their consent to be offended

>we got custody
>we got custody
>we got custody
This was so embarrassing. Evans is literally THAT KID

DUDE UK V USA LMAO

fucking niggers

I feel so bad for Matt. I actually enjoyed watching him on his own but you can just tell he doesn't get on with Evans at all. You can actually see him suppress cringe now and again.
Matt absolutely loves cars and loved the show, you just know he's bitterly disappointed. I hope Jezza and the gang invite him onto their show because you can tell he misses them.

Nah, it was a light reference and nothing more. Honestly the main thing that put me right off was the complete lack of back-and-forth chemistry, but then it's only their first episode together. The pairing of Chris Evans and Matt LeBlanc is seriously fucking weird though.
Who would have thought in their respective heydays that they would ever end up working together?

That was bound to happen at some point, best to get it out of the way quickly. LeBlanc basically sat in the back of an RAC van for a whole segment though, what the fuck happened there?
What are they doing? Nobody expected it to be amazing, but I didn't expect it would be so weak.
And the studio segments with Evans... Jesus Christ.

>Exodus on Kodi has replaced the case image of Top Gear with this faggot's face and his multikulti crew
Fucking gay as fuck I have to look at this shitbag's face at all when watching old episodes

>jumping around the studio like an autist screaming we got custody
>light reference

Well yeah, his delivery is grating but as a reference it could have been a lot worse.

i stopped right after they made jesse say he drove a porsche for 30 seconds. that whole bit was even more obviously scripted than regular top gear, and without the clarkson charisma to carry it.

leblanc was ok i guess, so was the lady driver. too bad the ginger is an absolute cunt.

>"Indoors, the studio sequences were lively, if also slavish to the old style. There was no sign of the reported lack of chemistry between Evans and LeBlanc, and while the former worked the crowd like the polished media pro he is, the Friends star added some much needed sardonic grunt, instantly justifying his choice as co-host. It's a partnership that should improve with time."
The reviews are almost universally positive. When will Sup Forums stop being so fucking contrarian? Just admit you're wrong. No biggie.

Has anyone seen those new Best Of episodes hosted by Matt LeBlanc solo? Those were pretty good desu senpai.

>How did this fuckhead become popular in bongland?
he's tolerable on the radio, i cant stand the guy either with his stupid face, his dyed blonde hair cause he's really a ginger, daft glasses and fucking hell, the voice of a cunt and he never shuts up (which is good on radio, cause you cant have 'long' silences)

roll on autumn desu, gimme some o dat GRAND TOUR

seemed like a nice guy when I met him...

The studio sequences were Evans treating the audience like toddlers at a party.
But, I doubt it was his decision to add audience participation to make the most-skipped part of the show more akin to a Saturday night chat show.

>Eisenberg says soccer on British television
>LeBlanc says windshield on British television
>LeBlanc refers to a tranny as Miss UK
>British Land Rover team literally needed to cheat to win the race

We did it boys. We won.

>LeBlanc picked working on ANOTHER British show (after Episodes) instead of working on any American garbage

We did it boys, we won

Its like they wrote the lines exactly like how Clarkson is characterised but for Chris Evans. You can't just apply the exact same lines for another completely different person.

Also Extra Gear is so forced and unnecessary.
The banter about catering felt so stale and Evens even seemed uncomfortable talking about it.

>implying this TG is worse than the last several seasons or so of old TG

Did people forget how bad it had become?

False, the show was pretty good in certain places

It's absolutely worth watching to make your own mind up instead of following the teenage opinions that have flooded Sup Forums

>Matt LeBlanc baneposted on British television
We did it boys.We won.

It's TFI Sunday.

You're a retarded faggot.

That doesn't mean I hate retards or gays. It just means you're a retarded faggot.

>implying there is anything wrong with being a racist

I want reddit to leave

>yfw you watch him do the nomad review and you know he was happy about doing goofy shit in an offroader

he was the best and he will be the best on the forseeable future because he already is better than clarkson being clarkson. This dude loves cars.

Never mind the lap, him and ramsey sitting there talking was some of the most embarrassing tv I've seen. Literally reading from an Autocue making shit jokes written by the shows writers in the most stilted way possible

Fuck off Matt.
Your performance was passable merely because you are opposite Chris.
You could coil a turd on top of the mini and you would still be the best thing about the show.