Pediatricianfag here, ask me anything

Pediatricianfag here, ask me anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H3CZZ5CYbEU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Justify your choice to be a pediatrician

what exactly does a pediatrician do?
im not saying your job is invalid, genuinely curious.

my child has autism, no question, just think its funny.

youtube.com/watch?v=H3CZZ5CYbEU for the pleasure of op..

general age groups: peds, internal med, geriatrics. family practice does all three, broadly.

What's your opinion on the causes of SIDS?

Why would anyone invalidate peds? The fuuuuuuu....

whats the worst thing you have ever encountered in your line of work?

Parents that waited too long to abort ;-)

Sorry, was me (not OP)

What did you want to be when you were a kid?

I would gander patients with clear signs of sexual abuse.

My dad was one. Just followed in his footsteps because I decided it was right for me.

I'm a GP, so I'm the guy you see when you go in for checkups. Physicals, examinations, and the like. Peds is a huge field though, so you can specialize in a variety of things.

Me too, user.

This is an anime free zone, but I'll give your dubs a pass.

I'm unsure how to help you.

I think most cases of it are caused by suffocation. It's also possible that babies have unknown medical issues that cause it. It's too late to diagnose after death, so who knows.

Sexual abuse.

I've always wanted to be a doctor, but I didn't decide on peds until my teens.

Sorry for the slow reply friendos.

Is that the medical name for a pedophile?

Yes

you mentioned abuse/sexual abuse, but i guess i have one last question on that subject, has anyone you worked with/or heard about in another clinic/etc ever been accused/convicted of abusing there position?

Are claims/issues rare, or more common than what people might think?

What is your take on Cut vs Uncut? Which is more healthy and why.

inb4 foreskin skin graft

>this
never heard the opinion of someone in the med field, usually just angry cutfags vs uncutfags

>cut is way better

why can't kkkillary tell the truth?

Why is female genital mutilation considered a crime, but male genital mutillation is not? Why is cutting parts of boy's genitals ok

Because, it's not mutilation.. cutting of the foreskin is better in all ways. When you cut the lips of a vagina off and sow it shut there is a huge difference.

Nope.

I haven't heard of anyone in my area, but someone a few towns over got accused a few years ago. Issues with it are rare because you can't just walk in and get the job. The system weeds out almost all issues, regardless of what they are. It's probably more common for doctors to abuse prescriptions.

Circumcision is unnecessary and inhumane. I have four sons and I left all of them intact because I think it's barbaric. You're unlikely to develop any major issues if you are circumcised and uncut boys have the ability to develop more issues (phimosis, hygiene, etc) but the drawbacks don't warrant cutting off part of your penis. That's my opinion anyways.

Being a liar works out if only a fraction of your dirty secrets get out.

Female circumcision is more extreme, but I don't think either is humane.

This man is an idiot.

>Female circumcision is more extreme, but I don't think either is humane.

Thanks, I like your answer.
I think both are different degrees of the same crime.

>drawbacks don't warrant cutting off part of your penis.
What drawbacks? I can't think of any!

holy shit, someone that answers in an "ask me anything" thread!

Whats the funniest or most ridiculous case you have had from a patient?

Oh shit, reported to the WHO. Just kidding. Foreskin skin grafts? Also, how about adult circumcision?

What is your educated guess:

how many percent of children suffer Physical and how many Sexual abuse? Is there a difference between boys and girls?

From a hedonistic/utilitarian viewpoint, depending on the extent of FGM, sexual pleasure can go out the wazoo. Like cutting off the the clitoral glans? Shit. Lop the tip off your dick.

I'm a black nigger

Do you even penis?
Womyn detected...

which country?
for how long?

This is exactly what I mean, male vs female circumcision it totally different and for different reasons. Boys are don't to protect the overall penis and help control STD;s etc.. A girl has her vagina lips, clit etc.. cut off to prevent sexual pleasure during sex. MAJOR difference one is done to help one is done for control.

41yo cut master race but good try!

>Do you even penis?
>Womyn detected...