I love The Flaming Lips, but it seems like most people here hate them. It makes me sad

I love The Flaming Lips, but it seems like most people here hate them. It makes me sad.

Other urls found in this thread:

rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70236016
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70228723
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70228409
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70228278
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70228316
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70228254
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70228204
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70228125
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70226782
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70216555
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70149672
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70149601
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70149283
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70149113
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70137204
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70133975
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70133911
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70133716
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70084884
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70076226
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S69987225
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S69370883
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S69388737
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S69502934
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Same with the RHCP.
Sup Forums not a place for good music. Only "experimental" garbage.

No. We just hate faggots who spam this board with lies.

People only hate them because Wayne doesn't like trump
i.e. some autistic alt-right cucks shun anybody that doesn't share their political views

I like the Flaming Lips up until Embryonic. But Wayne has really lost it with all the Miley Cyrus collaborations.

4 stereo sets

You do realize there's a Grimes board every single day right?

Like who?

Thread*, my bad

the flaming lips have some great albums. theyre like tVU in that theyre hit or miss on this board. but they have good ratings on RYM and Sputnik

i cant tell if this is bait or not, but if it isnt, i just want you to know that you should probably listen to music for more reasons that muh adrenaline from songs about sex and stuff.

and a kpop thread...idk which ones worse

>2017
>still making "muh" memes
Fun music is good music no matter what the songs about.
Chic and James Brown literally built their career on it, and look what amazing work they put out.
Grow up.

Well, good* fun music is good music.

the thing is, the lips were once a good band, and rhcp have been consistently garbage since their conception

rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70236016
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70228723
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70228409
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70228278
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70228316
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70228254
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70228204
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70228125
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70226782
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70216555
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70149672
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70149601
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70149283
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70149113
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70137204
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70133975
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70133911
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70133716
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70084884
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70076226
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S69987225
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S69370883
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S69388737
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S69502934

Wayne has been acting like a weirdo going through a midlife crisis lately, so people are shitting on him and the Lips lately. I think in general Sup Forums likes them. I do.

It's all about the balloons not the music

Explain how they're garbage.
How can a band be garbage yet stay relevant and successful so for SO many years.See I'd agree with you if people stopped talking bout em after their 3rd album (As most bad bands do) but they stayed strong and popular all the way up till Frusciante left.
No one has given me a actual reason why they're bad, just say "Muh frusciante" or "Muh flea" or some stupid shit. This is a Music discussion board, discuss this.

they write the same generic pop-rock song every time, add a "so skillful xd" baseline in there to attract people who think they know what complex playing sounds like, they perpetuate a uniquely annoying aesthetic through the antics of their frontman, they're not just uninteresting, they're offensive. they cater to every single annoying demographic there is, but most specifically the one that brags about having great music taste while listening to rhcp.

mostly though, the songs they make are bad.

i mean chic and james brown arent bad, but RHCP are superficial af. theyre so one dimentional. its not terrible, but not that good. id rather listen to rage against the machine when i work out

>e garbage yet stay relevant
It's when they started being used for adverts and yummy mummies got on board. It sucked, so did the balloons.

In my day the Metallica black album was like a divorce for most mettlars , similar thing with flaming lips, the more an edgy band courts the mass markets the less comfortable old fans get

fucking this
I hate when kids go "ooh I listen to a lot of old music" and I ask what bands and they go "RHCP, Queen, Nirvana, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, the list goes on..." and RHCP's songs all sound the fucking same. As in, they never do anything different in any of their songs, it's always the same instruments, same technique, same same fucking same, if you've heard one RHCP song you've heard all of them

this guy summed up what i was trying to say in

Nothing wrong with what they make. You just don't like it. Nothing wrong with that either.

Feeling hopeful for the new album. The singles seem a bit closer to the Yoshimi era.

Oh, you were talking about rhcp
Oh well, it applies to fl too

Just because the fans think it's complex doesn't mean they're at fault there. Even the simplicity of another popular rock band like Nirvana can be broken down into that mindset. Just because its pop rock don't make it bad. And have you heard their pre-frusciante work? Its FAR from pop rock, its very 70s funk with a little bit of Punk thrown in, mostly with George Clinton's producing of Freaky Styly. I agree with them being one dimensional at times, but the same I can't. Stadium Arcadium sounds NOTHING like BSSM, and BSSM sounds nothing like Mother's Milk, so on and so forth. Yes they were extremely repeating in their first 3 albums. But again, people have different tastes for things. One person who enjoys mellow music would enjoy Mac Demarco over someone who enjoys meaningful and deep lyrics like Bob Dylan. It's all about preference and how we were brought up. Nothing wrong with that and I completely respect your point.

On this other hand this fucking prick is annoying.
>its all the same instruments
Really? That's your argument?
> ask what bands and they go "RHCP, Queen, Nirvana, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, the list goes on..."
Literally those are mainstream popular bands for a reason, people like them because they're popular and easily accessible. Its more annoying when people try hard to sound "different" and cool.

Music is an art and I feel you should never be ridiculed for what you like. Its more pretentious to brag that your band is better than another like it's a competition. Grow up.

Did I do that?

>Really? That's your argument?
Yes. It's fucking boring and their act gets old after more than 5 seconds of listening.
>people like them because they're popular and easily accessible.
Then maybe if people aren't willing to dig into the artform of music at all and just scrape the surface of what's popular and then call it a day, then maybe they shouldn't go around saying that they listen to a lot of old, obscure shit that "you probably haven't heard of" when they're some of the most influential bands of musical history for some fucking reason.
>Its more annoying when people try hard to sound "different" and cool.
No it's not. It's annoying to hear the same fucking guitar riff and the same drums and beat over and over again until your ears bleed.
You are a poptimist

Miley just needs to let Wayne fuck, so he can get over that shit.

Clouds Taste Metallic all the way to The Terror is all good shit. TFL are fantastic, and can be again.

poor man's Mercury Rev

They used to be my favorite band, but they have degenerated extremely since around 2011 or 2012. Pretty much all they do now is gimmicky bullshit. Peace Swords and The Terror were decent though.

Just started listening to them last week. Yoshimi, aWwtM and TFtSH are great, but I can't even finish listening to any of their new stuff. From what I'm guessing, they're just trying to have a good time and collaborate with their friends and experimenting like crazy, instead of actually trying to make good music like they used to.