ADHD/ADD fags, how are you holding on?

ADHD/ADD fags, how are you holding on?

have to take 40g of medicanet a day

which are you on?

weed nigga, and adderan, plus good friends and games and cp.

>good friends
My friends bore me. I only have one person now that I like and I'm not bored with. But it's a girl at my work and she has a bf who is a cool guy.

So I'm here.

Dex for the worst of it. Mindfulness/conscious use of self awareness all the other times.

Mostly, discipline to keep my mouth shut

>Mindfulness
You meditate? I tried to but couldn't keep the habit.

40g? nice dose you got there

70 mg vyvanse
10 mg Adderrall

Holding together excellent
Girlfriend halfway done with first semester of med school
Moving in with her soon

40 mg of ritalin a day and lonely af

my friend took the to the beach yesterday for my birthday. I enjoy that all my friends celebrate my birthday but i never call them and remember theirs.....thats how i know i have good friends.

Insurance won't cover any meds for mine so I self medicate with weed when I don't work and when I do my job requires lots of talking so that helps and then I just try to use force of will to combat my weirder moments.

You're lucky

How do you people cope with not being able to focus on conversations?

Quite simple, I start by...

Oh look a cat!

oh man that happens to me yeah....it is hard sometimes.

How do I work? I just started taking dex but last time I had a full time job I got burnt out all the time and had to call up sick nearly every second week.

im fine because im doing sports unlike you lazy medicated zombie faggots
also it makes me look better so i can easily have a gf that helps me with my hyperactive tendecneis

It's a fad, used to take Ritalin growing up until they bumped you doses and I felt like a drone, told the teacher to fuck off and never took them again.

I still don't remember phone numbers, birthdays or other stupid shit off by heart but at the end of the day why should I?

Don't have extreme ADD, but was still diagnosed. I found that when I have to do small task that require focus, I do multiple a time. This improves my productivity and allows me to stay focused for longer

Fuck that shit penguins squish with Godzilla Doritos bag of weed the garden look ma no hands

I distract myself constantly and switch between tasks and conversations repeatedly to keep myself interested.

It's normal for me to not have access to meds, so my ADD is my norm, as opposed to the closer-to-real normalcy that comes with being medicated.

It's tough to deal with, e.g. the having to read things repeatedly, forgetting stuff constantly, etc. It's just part of me, though. I try not to get too worked up over it since it'll never change.

i think i might have adhd but idk

what makes you think so?

I tend to procrastinate so much by diverting attention away from tasks.

what are some ways you guys remain mindfull and on task with reports or anything of significant?

Hardest part is starting a task

I found out i have ADD few years ago but its stil undiagnosed, should i start taking meds? Do they help?

concerta

YES

And I masturbate so much my dong hurts

It's an individual thing on the meds. For some people, they help tons, for some people, they're pretty decent, for others, they're not worth the money.

I personally am used to being unmedicated, and the difference that medicine makes for me isn't enough to warrant any real dedication to it. That might not be true for you, though. At least give it a try and see if things improve.

For the most part I don't take my Adderall everyday, just on the days that are super important (tests, interviews, gf parents). Otherwise when I do take it, it takes a lot out of me to keep my fucking mouth shut. I have so much shit on my mind and I just want to keep spurting out shit. Needless to say I piss myself off most days using it.

...the come down is fucking brutal most of the time if I don't force myself to eat.

What happens to you during the come down?

another dexfag here

i find mindfullness/focusing strategies don't work when i haven't had enough sleep, regardless of being medicated or not

>Mostly, discipline to keep my mouth shut
man, that is the hardest fucking thing about dex, one of the things i hate

do you find you get a really dry mouth too?

Pretty easy. Just lay off the sugar and caffeine and do some mental exercises to keep me focused. Pills make you dull and you won't get anywhere in life like that.

Bad headaches, light headed - basically symptoms of not eating the whole day lol. And even sometimes i get a slight pressure behind my eyes, then just remain wired and cant sleep if i don't take it at like 7am. The one i take is RX so it lasts all day if i pace my eating (3 snacks spread out).

Then again come to think of it, i try to make myself eggs bacon and toast and slam that down before i take the pill so i don't throw it all up

Do you like simple stuff like Sudoku and translating binary and such?

i need to shed some pounds so that really helps, i know my body and feed what it needs to function instead of gorging from the munchies like an anaconda.

That sounds terrible. You're tough putting up with all that.

Honestly I thought the same thing, but after a few months of taking it, I saw no difference and I found myself binge eating the next day when I wasn't on the pill.

TBH fam, I think it may be different for everyone though.

The upside of taking it defiantly out weighs the downside, and side effects. It's a godsend on days you just have to get shit done.

Tegretolfag here, same problem with talking but doesn't matter that i take pills or not, i'm still blabbering bout shit...

Nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger

if you dont take it one day your body will want to eat what it dint eat last time....but yeah i feel like that 2 and i just take 10mg for now but the body and mind can be disciplined.

I love monster hunter

10mg? so you must still be starting on the fast release shit, thats what I started off with until i got up to 20mg on that. Thats super concentrated compared to the RX. That also wont last all day, but a few hours. Great for finals and mid terms.

i havent done adderall in many years so yeah i wanted to start slow but the 20s are better

>caffeine
are you crazy?

can't ever really focus on anything or get work done, always forget what im saying in the middle of saying something or just can't carry on a convo in general, forget what im supposed to be doing right after being told to do it, stuff like that

Nah. Just like meditation type stuff. Just sitting down and sort of try to do as many mental things at once and almost willing myself to use all senses.
No idea why but mentally i just go quiet and then it's like i had a good nap and i can focus on anything for a few hours.

also feel like everything is a waste of time and could just use the shit ton of energy i have on something important

Got diagnosed last week. I'm in addiction rehab since June. Apperently there's a correlation between ADHD and addiction.

Yea for sure, thats the best way to get back into it. And honestly I wouldn't go past 25mg unless your taking the RX version. You'll sweat your ass off like no other but get so much shit done

found a job that i can do in spurts throughout the day, which has done loads to reduce my anxiousness and pacing habit. sleep is down to 4-8 hours a night on average, usually on the lower end.

Life is slow and lonely. Hate the drugs makes me fell like shit.

I'll go to sleep at a decent time when I find something worth waking up for

What kind of job? IT analysts jobs?

You feel like shit going off cause you got chemical dependency going. go cold turkey, don't be a bitch, and 3 months later you'll feel like you've just has a double shot 24/7 natural no caffeine needed. You won't even feel tired before bed but when you close your eyes you just conk out. You even wake up feeling awake immediately no grogginess.

Biggest bit is you can focus. It's literally night and day for that. Best way i can describe it is imagine if all your life you had white noise blaring in your ear wearing you down to mental exhaustion and it continues to give you shit sleep to. Then suddenly that noise you just got used to disappears entirely.
You'll probably cry, i'm not ashamed to say i did.

Just diagnosed. Can't keep any friendships. Too frustrated to make new ones. And I prefer wanking to actual sex.

i'm a medical marijuana grower and pharmaceutical chemist haha. i help run the grow room from about 8 am to 4pm then head over to our pharm department and do a few more hours of work there

dat pic, my sides.

When i iniciated in my fraternity they literaly made a wall light switch for me that said add on or add off.

A D D E R A L L
>its great

I'll take how to scar up the nerves responsible for memory, behavior, and sexual bodily functions and wants for $500. Thanks.

Has anybody noticed a possible reformulation of the Teva/Barr Generic IR Adderall?

They are much harder now and snap when you break them whereas they used to be more powdery and broke softly in half.

In water they no longer fall apart right away like they used to.

What? Adderall has literally no negative long term side effects if used properly.

Did anyone try yerba mate? It helps to foucs a little and makes me feel good.

havent taken my medication for 7 years, i can't focus at all or do any critical thinking, thinking of going back on the meds

No i haven't noticed with the 20mg yet. Do you notice any change in how they perform? Cause i almost feel like my addy (teva) makes me really fucking jittery and massive anxiety. While sandoz made me more mellow (but not too motivated). Dunno what's the better of the two evils.

i did just that after 10 years and shit gets done. do et. NOW

Nice, those are good hours. I'm jealous man

Nice Trips, lmfao that's awesome.

Yes, they work much better. (they dissolve slower if im not mistaken)

Take the small 10mg first dude. Start slow for sure. I'd stay on the 10mg for 2 weeks minimum and then go to 15, snap one in half, then after about a month go to 20mg if your in a pickle.

Having an extraordinary iq is useful for me.

>SSRI
>no side effects
Pick one and only one then do some research.

>SSRI
>Adderal

New coating and more pressure in the machine. Melts slower in your system which releases slower which means more gets absorbed into the body for the same dosage.

I have an "extraordinary" iq and ADD and i couldn't pass school year unless i passed a test few days ago, i had the whole summer to study but i didn't pass the test cause ADD. and it's just highschool stuff, not difficult. And i wanted to pass that exam so bad. So what do i do with my extraordinary iq?

I like the jittery Teva feeling, a lot of people seem to like the Sandoz but I found it to be just fine, it does the job but it never feels strong.

I'm suspicious of Teva lately, for the past couple months the 30's have had this new indent in the presing, just between the 3 and 0, as if there was some residue buildup or something in their press unless it was an intentional change.

CVS has Aurobindo which I am weary to trust being that it's an Indian company but they always work fine and they're soft and powder like the Teva used to be.

What's weird is Teva/Barr/Brand have always had a sweet taste to them which I assumed was from the amphetamine saccharides but the Aurobindo's just taste bitter. So either the sweetness is just a filler or there is a real difference in the components or ratios of the "mixed amphetamine salts."

Is it a long thing to get diagnosed and get meds or i can just go to the first psychiatric and ask him them? And what if he thinks i'm a drug addict

Literally the same thing different chemical deliverant. If you don't believe be read up on it. Same target, same method, same side effects, same risk, same longterm scarring.
I'm being serious here just google it all if you don't believe me. They're even used for the same shit.

Sandoz is also bitter.

And yes there are different ratios of the components. I read somewhere that the FDA allows generics to be like up to 50% different than the brand name which is insanely large margins.

SO each manufacture has their own slightly different "recipe"

Oh my god user you're right, I'm getting off meds prescribed by a psychiatrist and shooting myself in my ding dong because a dank Sup Forums fag told me that.

Honestly you should read up on it then do all that cause a dank medical textbook told you.

Too lazy too look it up. Is it from long term use? or high dosage abusing?

40mg of Adderall just to be able to read

Where, on BuzzFeed or CollegeHumour?

Well, mine is extraordinary high...! Just kidding. My add is not that bad. It was diagnosed when I was 29. And my iq is ~147 (Wechsler) or ~175 (Cattel).

Will do, thanks

I'm not I think about suicide at least 4 or 5 times a day

Yes. Higher dosage results in worse symptoms. The sexual impotence becomes permanent after a LONG (several years daily use) time but varies between person due to natural neural differences and tolerances.

My closest friend since we were both 14 (we're 22 now) was diagnosed with ADHD a couple of years ago.

I disagreed with his diagnosis (as a layperson who doesn't know shit) because he has always been a fuck up. He was referred to a shrink by his university because he failed all his courses in his first couple of terms.

This sort of thing is typical for him. His IQ is high and he has done work to a high standard on a few occasions, so it's not stupidity that caused him to be like this.

He's very disorganised and his family are the same. When I was a kid and I'd visit his house, it was always full of stuff. Clutter everywhere.

He's a fat guy who is on his millionth diet. He never gets very far because he gives up so quickly. He has a GF he wants to look good for, but even she isn't enough motivation.
He gets excited about terrible business plans that never go anywhere.
His flat is always a mess.
His hair is always a mess.
He cares a lot about clothing but he looks bad in most things because of his size and because he doesn't keep things clean and ironed.
He buys books but never finishes them. Some he doesn't even start reading.

Is there any chance he's just an intelligent fuck up? Why can't there be a fuck up diagnosis? How do shrinks separate being a fuck up from genuinely having ADHD?

He's been on Concerta for a while. It improved his grades but he's still a fuck up.

Do you honestly not have access to an online medical journal? Literally any one will do.

Mine is 140, not that different.

ADHD IS the "fuckup" diagnosis. ADD is the lesser version of it.
That serious lack of mental focus is the fuck up trigger. Normal humans don't fuck up because they have normal thought processes.

Out of curiousty, why are some of you talking about how much the med cost? im assuming your from the states? Im in NZ and my monthly prescription costs $3.00.

Jesus, I pay $66 out of pocket for 20mg IR adderall 90 pills.

Did meds changed your life in a considerable way?

what the fuck are you talking about?
they are 2 different class of drugs with different effects and side effects
you must be trolling

a month's prescription can cost $10-$90 from a pharmacy depending on what it is, how many, etc, but a lot of people buy it off the street for a mark up. america's health care system is fucked, dude. i pay about $500 a month in prescriptions alone, and health insurance on top of that, and i still gotta pay out the ass to see a doctor

Actually it's ADHD Inattentive type or ADHD-PI what most people call ADD.

My $3.00 gets me 160 10mg Methelphenidate

I'm glad that my add is not that bad. Hope you are on a better way now. My doc mentioned an unofficial - and illegal - but very effective treatment, if ritalin doesn't work: cocain. It's sadly too expensive for the daily use.

> 70mg vyanse
> 10mg adderal
nigga why arent u already dead? do you weight 100+kg?

Same about the talking, it took me quite a few years to train myself to not talk so much about stupid shit. Downside is the depression that comes along with that though

Yep, as someone who had mild add, where 200MG caffeine and good sleep would be enough to focus, and I was genuinely quite smart, and extremely good at video games (top 0.2% in league of legends) I tried adderall once and that was it, I felt like a god, I had to get a prescription, everything I read about tolerance coming in after 2-3 weeks I didnt believe. I told myself if I get scribed I will always feel like a god, I can start a business, be focused, determined, have unlimited energy, become a fucking millionaire. Then the reality hit after the euphoric period of adderall disappeared. Now I'm almost a year on meds, cannot get off, always feel like shit, slightly feel less like shit when dosed on adderall. Gaming performance is horrendous now, and worse on adderall than without. My memory fucking sucks, I cannot remember a full sentence someone says after saying a lot of things, my social life has declined, I have crippling anxiety, I can't remember what I had for breakfist yesterday. I get horrendous sleep (somehow manage to fall asleep but a slight noise instantly wakes me) so I don't get a refreshing sleep. I thought I could conquer the world on adderall, but instead it has conquered me.

If you do not have crippling adhd, I don't think you should look into meds. Everyone has off days where they cannot focus, mine was only minor, modafinil did so much more for me than adderall (atleast after the adderall high period). Anyways I'm probably ranting too much, and don't even process what I'm writing/what I wrote so I'll stop now.