ITT: Vinyl essentials

ITT: Vinyl essentials
I'm trying to get my first vinyl play in a couple months, what are some records that are absolute necessities.

The 1975

anything with locked groove

otherwise whats the point

Just buy what you like, dipfuckboy.

Any albums that you enjoy

don't fall for the 'it sounds better on vinyl' meme
if it doesn't sound good, it doesn't sound good

shut the the heck up you friccin faggot

Boy will I be glad when the vinyl bubble bursts

No more goddamn vinyl threads, no more fucking vinyl jackasses, no more obscene prices on old vinyl

>not cds
wasting money desu

>Essentials

Really? Music is subjective. Buy what you like. Literally any album that you can think of can be "essential" if you like it enough.

Used vinyl used to be reasonably priced. Shit, NEW vinyl used to be reasonably priced. I understand that it's a much more involved process than cd duplication but 40 bucks for a new album is fucking absurd and 20 for a used album is outrageous.

(unless they're double gatefold. Then it makes a little more sense.)

>Buying CDs
Kek

I got an original Boston album for $1.50 at a local record shop. Wasn't even that bad either. No counter argument or anything I just wanted to say that.

Fucking insane pricing though. I just got mothership for $50, which I thought was OK considering it's 4 lps that are 180 gram, but hey differing opinions

never pay over $30 for a single record OP

worth it for the lyrics if they're not available online

this, I hopped on the vinyl train a bit late but I can't wait for it to end so I can pick up cheap ass used records for sampling

You Americans have really fucked up vinyl pricing. Over here I've never seen even a triple lp for more than about £30.

Most new (1LP) records are €25 here.

The vinyl boom is a lot of the same stuff that was wrong with comic books and baseball cards in the 90s

>Lots new releases and "limited" editions that aren't even rare
>Prices on older stuff going way up in just a few years
>Prices on new issues going way the fuck up
>Ridiculous stuff getting reissued (there are so many copies of Herb Alpert's Whipped Cream & Other Delights out there, why on earth did this need to be reissued)
>Stores getting backed up with junk (I saw 10 copies of the Flaming Lips Dark Side of the Moon cover album)
>RECORD STORE DAY LIMITED EDITIONS
>New stores opening up all over the place

This is unsustainable

I have an original pressing of Wish You Were Here I got before the vinyl craze took off. Still sounds good. Hoping I can flip it for a profit one day.

Vinyl is a lot tougher to manufacture than a CD, there are a limited number of vinyl pressing plants (most of which are using old equipment), vinyl pressing plants are running 24 hours a day to meet demand. It's no wonder new vinyl prices are so high.

You're part of the problem.

the caretaker. that is all

Dark Side of the Moon is a must own in any record collection.

these are the correct answers.