So... ive been on zenatane, or as its normally called accutane and/or isotretinoin for bad acne...

so... ive been on zenatane, or as its normally called accutane and/or isotretinoin for bad acne. i started it recently and if it helps to know im 19 yrs old. ive been taking it for a week and have been getting a shit ton of dry skin on my face and a little bit around my dick but idk if thats from jacking off too much. ive heard some shitty stuff like this causes depression or impotence in males but i want to know what some of you guys have experienced on this stuff. all i can really find is shit about females on the stuff so i really need more info, please help!

Used it for 6 months, only side effects were bad hair and sometimes dry eye.
The depression part is BS

im on 20mg tablets 3 times a day, i also heard some guys became impotent from it, is that true at all?

3 times a day?

I've done 20mg only 1 time a day and it worked pretty well. I didn't feel going impotent not even a little bit but with the dose size you're taking I really don't know.

wow so im going to die

op i started roaccutane yesterday (its the same drug). im 19 too and in 12 hours my skin broke out, its hurts so much but i think its a good sign

also the depression side effect is very real, i said fuck it and decided to take it, im depressed for the last 6 years so i dont have anything to lose i just want good skin for once.
Also 20mg 3 times a day? so your taking 60mg a day? that A LOT for the first month, prepare to get some fucked up side effects, good luck

uk medfag checking in.
in uk, we normally start at a lower dose, then increase if tolerated, but 60mg daily is a pretty usual maintenance dose.
impotence isn't described as a side-effect. the depression stuff is controversial - people with bad acne are more likely to be depressed anyway. if you're depressed, you're more likely to be impotent, but i wouldn't worry too much about it.

it will sort your skin out, but be careful outside - smother that factor 50 SPF on.

are you in dermatology, do you have prior experience to zenatane, also is 60mg normal for the start, they go by weight and i weigh 160ibs so they gave me 60
like what side effects nigger, you are scaring the shit out of me

60mg first month, you will probably have really bad headaches, back pain, nose bleeds, and mood swings, those are the most common side effects

and super dry skin, but thats obvious. its the entire point of the drug

ive always had bad headaches but i have noticed a lot of nose bleeds
also my lips have been in pain a lot more than usual b/c of the dryness but i guess that normal

op here, sorry i forgot to include this in last post but i heard from online sources that it can cause ED in people taking it possibly permanently, is there any truth in this medfags

do you take the pills at once? is you do try to take them in different meals so you dont have headaches.
use vaseline for the lips

i take 2 in the morning and 1 at night

or you have extremly bad acne or your doctor is retarded

I've had two courses of this shit and still no effect. The dry skin/lips will last as long as you take it but just moisturise a shit tonne. I think the depression thing is mainly linked to people getting depressed about how they look, especially because the medication makes it worse for a while before it takes effect, but they have to put it on the box to cover themselves. I had to have a liver profile taken before I took mine, I guess that's normal? I read that it can cause liver failure but that seems rare, just probably try not to overdo the alcohol while you're taking it. Hopefully it works for you, I'm starting to get real fucking beaten up about mine

thanks for the advice
you might be right about my doctor being a fucking retard, shes a dumb cunt and i really don't like her that much

As a side note, I was on 3x20mg daily, I took them all in one go but that doesn't make a difference because most of the effects come when you stop taking it. 1mg/kg of body weight is usually the maximum but I was on 100mg/day at the end of my last course, I think my doctor was maybe just a bit shit though

what side effects come when you stop taking it, i didnt hear about this part

Ok so i took this stuff for 3 months

First off: dry skin is completly normal. Youll need a cream for your lips or else itll fuck em up bad and it will hurt alot.
Also i didnt notice any change at my dick other than the skin being a bit dry, but still ok.

My skin now isnt fully clear, but it got somewhat better.

I didnt get impotent, nor did i become depressed.
However when i did a bloodtest at the end, i found out that my red bloodcells had become smaller. This caused me to (unconcously) take deeper breaths (which other people noticed) because i would need more air as the bloodcells that transport the oxygen had gotten smaller. This is why i started almost hyperventilating when working out. Now (a month after i stopped taking it) everything is normal again so this was temporary.
Also some other liver values were really high, but the doctor had told be about that before the treatment.

that sounds better than what my doctor told me, thanks man