Why do critics hate the most kino capeshit of the year?

Why do critics hate the most kino capeshit of the year?

Disney told them to hate it

literally this

When will this meme end?

kek

it's real

c'mon, it was a 5/10 movie and you know it

They hate it because they don't understand it.

Unlike with BvSfags who constantly drone on about their little Jesus references, X-Men Apocalypse truly delivers as a film amongst films.

Everything from the cinematography is beautifully crafted, elegant, but also unique. In the same way that Citizen Kane was panned by critics ("It's too weird, I don't get it! Why did the bird scream?!"), X-Men Apocalypse was critqued for its unusual angles and non-linear storytelling.

I truly think with each viewing, it gets better and better. I've already seen in twice but I can tell for a fact I'll be watching it again sometime this week as well.

It's too awful to spin it to being good
also its not a trillion dollar IP

average rating of warcraft is higher, warcraft is actually 14% better

> Quicksilver scene
> nuclear launch scene
> far better cinematography than BVS or Civil War

Nah mate it was 8/10 imo

I dare you to find a review saying it's a legitimately good movie. That 35% is just because of the big cult following it gathered over the years.
Fucking look at Sharknado.

Critics now just hate everything they aren't paid to like

> better cinematography than BVS

Wow, I wonder how much it cost Disney to get it all the way up to 30%?

It was not bad, had it's moments and all in all was fun enough. What buffles me is how civil war is 40 points above, it was way more boring and a lot less interesting.
Yeah probably, but if it's really a 5/10 then civil war is a 3/10

I just honestly don't get the low ratings. I went in and felt like I must have seen a different movie. It was far above average superhero stuff in my opinion. A few flaws, but nothing that crippled the film by any means.

> washed out colors and darkness everywhere is good cinematography

You sound like the type of person who walks into an abstract art gallery and then goes "I don't get it, it doesn't look like anything at all."

Typical art illiterate monkeys like you are the reason why Adam Sandler still has a career.

True, only watchmen, antman, dark knight and blade 2 get above 5/10

>people need critics to decide what they should/shouldn't like
It's almost as though I'm browsing Sup Forums

Paid critics. We all know that Apocalypse is The Dark Knight of our time.

Why don't you Dcucks and X-Fags get angry at the studios for making shit instead of trying to pretend they're good?

You're not different than the people getting angry at people dislike the GB trailers. Place the anger where it belongs: the studios shoveling it out.

/thread

But user, The Dark Knight is The Dark Knight of our time.

R-right?

>John Carter
>Bad
Nigga what?

I'm not pretending Apocalypse is good, it's legitimately good. All the flaws I hear about it apply way more to other capeshit that has way higher ratings.

That John Carter rating is bullshit

What are you talking about OP, critics loved Civil War.

>hate

It's mixed.

>No Avengers
automatically shit in the eyes of critics

He just had a massive hit last week

tomorrowland and john carter were both good though. God RT is a shit rating site

havent seen lone ranger

>implying anything above an 8 is love or what CW deserved

Nah senpai Tomorrowland was pretty shit. I hate to say it cause I love Brad Bird but it was preachy and lame.

Lone Ranger wasn't terrible, but it wasn't all that good either.

Disney didn't own Marvel when

Iron Man
Hulk
Iron Man 2
Thor

and

Captain America came out

none of those IP were billion dollar franchises back then so this arguement is vapid and wrong.

>DOESN'T COUNT
>THEY MADE THAT ONE FOR FREE
>I'M A DELUSIONAL DCcuck
>IGNORE THE FACT THE FIRST ONE MADE A BILLION DOLLARS

>this is kino
Lol wrong. Apocalypse is easily worse than Doomsday, and Doomsday was garbage

When a few influential critics say they didn't like it, every other mee-too critic shits on it as well, because if their opinions are the same as good critics, then they must be as legitimate.

A small critic who says he didn't mind a movie that everyone is hate-bandwagoning with progressively shittier reviews is immediately memed to death

Rotten Tomatoes just aggregates them, it doesn't filter for journalistic quality.

One is an action sequence shot, the other is a copy-pasta'd replace Jesus with a Superman shot.

I'd give it a very positive 7/10. Many mistakes, but it was also different and interesting with a good amount of quality scenes.

This

It may have had flaws but the strengths outweigh the weaknesses

ditto but a 7.5 from me

>They hate it because they don't understand it.
I can't even tell who's shitposting any more.

I wonder how hard it would be to get on RT. Half the people here have more integrity than those meme critics.

To be fair, it's easy to have integrity when you don't have to suck film studio dick to keep your reputation.

Just saw this today, glad the general consensus seems positive here. Maybe it's because my expectations were a bit low due to the lukewarm ratings but I was pleasantly surprised, really like this movie.

Sophie Turner a cute too

and Tye Sheridan