Music thread

Music thread
Post what instruments you play/ a vocaroo link of you playing / How long you've played.
I'll start
vocaroo.com/i/s0BjTlUjez4x
Guitar 8 years.

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1FByxyIgD5d
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

damn, how did you learn how to play?

Self taught, online tabs and stuff like that.
Never had a proper lesson, probably should one of these days, haha

i am struggling with fingerstyle and i am really slow playing any tips?

I'd say just practice, and practice.
Find out what notes each finger is strumming, and break it down like that, focusing on a few notes each time, and as the clarity comes in, the speed will follow

thanks a lot

Accuracy is a lot more important than speed.
If you understand the notes you play and how they interact, gaining speed is simple.

do you have any apps or sites that could help me with that?

Won't record anything, because it's middle of the night here.
Played for eight years.

Not a real lesson but the basic tips he gives are essential. Understanding and mastering these principles will keep you busy for a while.
youtube.com/watch?v=i_7feGF9TA8

Nice rig! Got an Ibanez RGIT20 myself, thing is an animal

i play on a nickel finished, big bell stone series cannonball alto saxophone with jasper keys

I mostly play bass and sing. Been at it for 25 years. I barely ever work on the instrument anymore, just grab it and play.

whoops, ive played for 4 years

>Nice rig!
It is.
I've tried a couple of the cheaper Iron Labels. Wasn't really impressed, to be honest. Don't know, if your guitar is any better. Its specs are at least better.

percussion 18 years

Percussion. 14 years

Damn! Always wanted to learn Sax.
Nice, I play bass as well.
Worked a few months to be able to afford a Warwick Thumb bass, and I love it.
vocaroo.com/i/s1FByxyIgD5d
For me, it works perfect - EMG 81, Neck thru, 8 piece neck, Killswitch.
It brings a good balance - can do dirty and clean exceptionally well.
I plug it into the Axe FX I got and there's nothing it can't handle, haha
Been playing drums for a few years, started young, but in the past 5 years went back

Forgot pic

Zappa made me love the Marimba, haha

I absolutely loathe active pickups but I was talking about the build quality. How's your guitar? Are the frets finished well, how's the overall finish, etc?

thanks a ton again dude

The thing is mint, fretboard is spotless, none of the edges stick out, so sliding up and down it is as smooth as you can get, the finish is natural, and not the blue version, so you get to see the natural grain of it, and it doesn't disappoint.
Got it shipped in from a music store, and everyone was surprised when I opened it up and started checking it out, quite an eye catcher.
Indonesians know how to make good guitars when they want to

The ones I played weren't much nicer than the 300-400€ Ibanez guitars. They only had nicer pickups. I guess that model is more Premium than Iron Label.
I finally settled for the FGN. It's made in the same factory as Prestiges and costs less than Premiums. In some ways it's even better than my Ibanez.

FGNs look killer, and they probably sound even better, haha!

When you're buying your next guitar, definitely consider them. They also make traditional electric guitars but they're not on their website. Basically you'll get a Prestige quality instrument at 2/3 of the price. Mine came with Duncan Distoritions and it's not a very versatile set but works well enough.