Be honest, if P4k gives an album a 9.0>, do you automatically feel more inclined to like it?

Be honest, if P4k gives an album a 9.0>, do you automatically feel more inclined to like it?

It's probably the opposite for me but I'll certainly be more inclined to give it a listen.

It's nice when an album you like gets high ratings in places but I generally don't care about ratings at all and I like quite a few albums that have poor Pitchfork or RYM ratings.

why the fuck would you care about p4k ratings when scaruffi and RYM exist

Vroom Vroom

Scaruffi is to smart for me to understand. I've come to accept that I'm not smart enough to appreciate the same music Scaruffi appreciates. After all, he went to stanford and I went to community college

I'll be honest: Back in 2008-2011, probably. But now I'm starting to take p4k way less seriously, so no. Not anymore. I rarely visit Pitchfork's website anymore. Sometimes after hearing a record I'll look for Pitchfork's rating just out of curiosity but it no longer affects my opinion of the record.

It would make me less inclined to listen to it for the first time.

i dont read pitchfork, i dont care what they give a 9.0+, i have probably already heard it before they reviewed it anyway because they never try to discover new music anymore and just jump on year old trends as well as reviewing the new stuff from their stable of artists that they already review

if they gave a 10 to something new that i hadnt listened to yet i would probably listen to it though.

It's probably some shitty rap album by some black guy I can't relate to.

no i've never cared about p4k since i been on here since 2009
never understood why Sup Forums reads their pretentious reviews

I remember when Jake & Amir was good

By which I mean, I remember when I thought it was good, and then they changed Amir's character from adorable retard psycho to evil asshole psycho and I stopped liking it

But I was like 15 so it was probably always shit anyway

>Scaruffi
>Kendrick lacks the poetic depth of Kanye West
Wew lad

I don't even know why people read music reviews. Movie and game reviews are bad enough, but fucking music? Nah nigga I can form my own educated opinion.

die

You guys told me what a p4k was. I still have no reason to go there.

I'm unlike to know, as I don't visit that shithole, but if anyone shares this in any way, I'm inclined against the album.

*unlikely

Yes, if you typed that correctly, and if for some reason I knew the score

I'm more inclined to check it out and see why p4k likes it so much. Usually it's just an inflated score and it's the artist's buzz that gets them that BNM.

Does no one know how greentext arrows actually work in math, or am I the only extremely anal person here?

Yes because I'm more like likely to listen to it.

Rewatched some old episodes earlier, they were definitely really good in their early days.

more inclined to listen to it maybe, but not to like it. if anything, it might make me hypercritical

but I don't really keep up with pitchfork - I only ever come across their reviews if I do a google search for an album I'm already interested in

do you realize how many albums come out in a year? more than you could listen to in a lifetime. reviews aren't there to tell you what you think of an album you've already listened to, they're there to help you filter out albums and get to what actually interests you

the only thing I think is stupid is giving albums ratings, or at least putting stock in them. what's more important is the description of the music because, obviously, different things appeal to different people. that's why I use rym and look at both positive and negative reviews. that gives a better idea of the actual content of the album than any overcontextualized pitchfork review

kendrick is just your average sounds powerful but isn't actually saying anything rapper. Kanye is at least original