Category 1, they said

category 1, they said.
no need to worry about power lines, they said
just bend over and take it, they said

WHY THE FUCK ARE POWER LINES NOT RUN BELOW GROUND, FLORIDA??!? AND DON"T SAY SHIT ABOUT SOME HIGH FUCKING WATER TABLE. DIG A DAMN DITCH 10 FEET IN THE GROUND AND NOT RIGHT NEXT TO THE FUCKING SWAMP FOREST FFS

shameless rage filled self bump

this time

I live in new york I'm fine. Also bump.

BUMP

lend me your energy, yankee!!

*raises hands to the sky*
>"Yankee" even tho I live upstate kek

damn yanks tryna steal all our energy to produce more fetus juice for hillary. I CAUGHT WISE TO YOUR PLAN!!!

Nobody told you to move to that god forsaken prehistoric swamp.

i'm in florida and my powerlines are underground

lol

not trolling

*gaasp* you'll never catch me coppa!

Ah yes, run power lines underground in a state that is at sea level. That's a good idea.

i'm on the coast and mine are underground

but user, hermione is secret plan of eliminating cubans jews niggers jeb bush & necks of red from glorious USAland once and for all you see.

celebrate with the other 48 states as florida fulfill their ultimate purpose and remove the ignorant filth from the voter base.

i mowed my yard during the strom stop bitching. cat 1s are nothing
cat 2s are inside drinking weather
cat 3s are worrisome
cat 4s run the fuck away or find a bunker
cat 5 its gone everything is gone

>WHY THE FUCK ARE POWER LINES NOT RUN BELOW GROUND, FLORIDA
In florida, if you dig down, you basically just hit water. fucking swamps

That has nothing to do with utility placement.

again, i'm in florida and mine are underground

We run powerlines underwater all the time.

...just not usually ones that need regular service.

Because trench is expensive, and pole is cheap.

And florida is cheap.

Sorry.

>And florida is cheap.

/thread

MURICA

Yeh, you don't always get what you pay for, but you will always pay for what you get.

>And florida is cheap.

lol try living in miami

Damn right op, pic totally fucking related

I would kill myself if I had to live in a fucking place like that. That's what murricans replace nature with? Flat boxes?

No fucking appreciation for anything...

>cheap

it's surrounded by thousands of acres of protected land with wildlife you blithering idiot

lol
not talking about the price of ice cream in miami, overwhelmingly, the state cheaped out and didn't spend the money on trench. ergo, it is a state pummeled by hurricanes with pole lines in harms way.

...but they're cheaper to build & maintain, so, there ya go.

who's dumb enough to live in miami

There are nature reserves everywhere you ignorant fuck. There are towns on the ocean that are 95%-99.9% white with no crime. Enjoy your 9-5 you poor fuck.

Yeah, you're just a redneck

Crocket and Tubbs

It's funny because there's also a thread about a mass shooting going to happen in Florida (Jacksonville)

the wealthiest of the people dumb enough to live in florida

really? tallahassee here and every single one of them is above ground and usually right next to trees.

>i-i would kill myself if i lived on the ocean with all the luxuries of 21st century technology
what a bunch of miserable babies

IT'S FUCKING HOT, NIGGER!!

jfc that's awful. rooted that motherfucker.

crammed into a fuckin box, jammed into a pile of a thousand other boxes, designed by a fuckin computer with no architectural style whatsoever, built to envelope on bulldozed flat land covered in grass that doens't belong there and monotonous weather and surrounded by a million others just like you with no space in between.

but hey, at least you have a video game to stare at while you piss away your life indoors. you'll never have to know how fucking crap your life is.

I hope the hurricane relocates every last human in the state into the sea, for your own sake.

uh, Hermine is out in the Atlantic next to VA right now nigger. Update your life.

Uh, yeah, its coming right for you chuckles.

sup poor redneck

But user, the country needs uninspired people to live their cookie cutter made-to-order lives and fill the fucking workstations and pay their taxes and stay the fuck in their homes out of trouble the rest of the time.

>murrica fuk yea

FL is fucking paradise cuck.

Running wires underground makes damage less likely to happen, but when damage does occur to the lines it can make is a large magnitude more expensive to repair.

I live in California and don't care about any of this

>destroy FL
>destroy GA
>destroy NY
>destroy D.C.

Fuckin win!

>implying you can read
hundreds of thousands of people are STILL without power down here. the city is literally setting up fucking "cooling stations" so people can at least not sweat for a little while. shit's fucked and we need to change things, starting with THE GODDAMN POWER LINES.

Bitch still doesn't have power, no idea how the fucker is on the internet.

>what are generators?
>being this retarded
go to bed. you've got sunday school tomorrow

literally all this hurricane did was blow some old limbs out of a tree I needed to take out anyway.

Got the tree right next to it too

Exactly. A paradise, for people with no appreciation of anything.

I wasted a year in Ft L, a year in Miami, and a year on Marco. Literally never met anyone who did anything other than drink and shop. Buy shit and get drunk, in tacky, tasteless displays of nouveau riche white trashedness. What a paradise.

The kid doesn't have generators, he got mad that he didn't get to play his shitty video games online, and watch his autistic morning cartoons.

lucky you. no property damage here, just no power within a 5 mile radius. BUT, people who are in midtown/downtown/uptown/w/e tf, had their power turned on yesterday. everyone else: get fucked. fuck this shit, i'm rioting

New York is 33ft above sea level. This storm is going to sit out in the ocean, dump water on you and raise the sea level to a point where water will have no place to go. You better hope your luck doesn't run out.

>omg the fuckin electricity omg whatever will we do
>HOW WILL WE LIVE
my god you are some pathetic fucks

You live next to a god damn ocean, and everyone has a fucking pool anyway. and you can't figure out how to cool off. Let me guess, you'd like the rest of the country to observe your state of emergency and pay for some new powerlines for you to have air conditioning.

If it's too hot for you, YOU LIVE IN THE WRONG MOTHERFUCKING STATE.

I don't move to alaska and complain about how it's cold. You man up or you don't belong living there.

I was without power for a day in gainesville due to this shit

paradise being subjective and all

Texas fag reporting in. All good here.

70,000 people without power in the state

We're coming for Galveston next - Hurricane season

if a single hurricane raises the sea level 33ft, New York is the least of anyones concerns.

Not that it's anyones concern who isn't in NYC anyway. Like California, New Yorkers have an innate sense that anyone else gives a single shit about them ever, which is funny to the rest of the world to hear about.

>implying a whole bunch of shit
what if i told you, everything you just said is the exact opposite of how things are rn? you would probly say something like "durr hurr florida sucks, faget. why u move there hurr durr"
to which i would reply:
>implying

That blows. Is this a current statistic or total that have been out of power, but may or may not currently have power

>WHY THE FUCK ARE POWER LINES NOT RUN BELOW GROUND
because it is not realistic to bury powerlines for long distance you'd loose too much power

>bunch of inbred & fetal alchohol syndrom havin motherfuckers

too bad. could have eliminated some stunted genetic lines wiping texas clean.

yes, florida as a state is cheap, and posting a picture of a private mansion built by someone completely unrelated to the power grid/politics proves nothing about the state's economics

Ever heard of storm surge?
It hit florida on a high tide, with a new moon

I ate a ham sandwich. I declare an end to world hunger because it's ridiculous.

The total in the Tallahassee area, doesn't count other parts of the state

nope

line loss depends on cable architecture and has nothing to do with what's outside the casing.

nice trips, but just do the same thing you do above ground, underground. can't be that difficult to manage.

Here in CA, fuckers like to catch a 50 ft wave, then drown.

hit it again, storm.

I'm still holding out hope.

How does underground have anything to do with power loss?

this is now a trips thread.

I resemble this comment.
Except we don't really have 50s on the mainland. Gotta go to Hawaii to commit that kind of suicide.

as if cables arnt laid under the fucking ocean you idiot

Damn. It was no where near that here in gainesville. The campus was pretty much untouched and about 10000 people lost power on the west side of town.

pffft. gay.

maybe that's why they call you gay'n'sville

I have honestly never heard that term, but I like it

OP here: too many Floridafags ITT. Red Team take over the GET thread and Blue Team take over the Tarp thread.

Florida has had the stench of too much liberal on it lately, you shitbags had this coming. Although I'd rather see California fall into the ocean and every Californian drown, it's still nice to see liberals suffer and die anywhere.

I've heard it called Gaynessville a bunch of times.

Value post

Water is falling from the sky and you're complaining? It's just water for fuck sake. Be brave

>gets trips
>is idiot

>Florida has had the stench of too much liberal on it

lol

yeah, Florida... a liberals paradise.
this thread...

>likes sleeping in hot humid areas with little to no wind
care to trade places?

/thread

yes it does, air is the best electric isolation you can get, on long distance no man made sheathing can compete

see above

you just don't know what you're talking about

get drunk
increase body temperature
hungover
no power
already hot
bad idea
>i mowed my yard
good for you, wanna fuckin medal?

dude it's because of the high water table

>He says typing in his phone in an urban environment