I need some cheap food ideas that don't suck Sup Forums. I recently had a fairly minor medical issue...

I need some cheap food ideas that don't suck Sup Forums. I recently had a fairly minor medical issue, and the bills on top of my huge car payment because i bought a car I can barely afford, and my rent are fucking me in the ass.

tl;dr cheap food ideas that aren't completely shitty?

Chicken noodle soup and peanut butter on wheat, folded in half.

Grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup

Chipped beef on toast, AKA shit on a shingle.

bump

good ideas, grilled cheese sounds p good, not even sure what chipped beef is tho

y is remy so qt?

Dried and pressed, (or not) roast beef sliced thin in a cream gravy served over toast. You can also use ground beef but roast tastes better

I dunno man, she has a BS in molecular biology as well, makes you wonder why shes jerkin dicks for a living though.

On this note, I have found that even if all you have is chicken ramen, just stirring a generous spoonfull of peanut butter into it while it's hot will improve it markedly. Garnish with Cheez-it crackers

Did that a lot in prison.

The money, most likely

peanut butter and milk

nah, u think?

I got ramen noodles out the ass and a pound of frozen ground beef on hand atm.

A snack from my childhood:

Peanut butter and maple syrup. Stir until smooth, serve on saltines.

There was a time when we was sugar-sandwiches poor. Learned to make due with what we had.

Butter or other fat and some flour maybe?

No margerine, that shit is poison.

Got butter and flour yea, and most basic spices

I lived off of meat and potatoes for a good six years now, OP. Here's a couple ideas:

>Breakfast
Shred some potatoes, add some velveeta, and mix in some sausage. Deep fry this, and some eggs. Scramble in the pan, add some toast, and you're good to go.

>Lunch
PB&J with mayo on the top and bottom slices facing out. grill the mayo sides until golden brown. Have with a side of leftover breakfast, if there is any.

>Snack
$.10 flour tortilla with eggs and shredded potatoes inside, rolled into a burrito.

>Dinner
Spaghetti with butter and dollar store Parmesan cheese. Serve with a side of summer sausage and broiled potatoes w/ salt and rosemary. Wine of choice (per budget) - 2009 Morse Code Shiraz.

>Dessert
Get a 1-inch pan, fill with chocolate chips. pour in condensed milk, and stuff in marshmallows. Bake for 10 mins at 350 degrees F, and serve

You're welcome, OP

To make a cream gravy:

Equal parts butter (NO MARGARINE) and flour, aprox. 1/4 - 1/3 cup.

Melt butter in a sauce pan. When it's good and hot start sloooowwwly adding flour. Stir that shit good and keep it sizzling until it is just starting to turn brown.

When you get that done, sloooowly add aprox. 2 cups of milk, preferable room temp. You don't want to cool the pan too much.

Stir CONSTANTLY, or the milk will scorch

Do NOT let it boil. In 5 or 10 minutes it will begin to thicken.

Add whatever cooked meats you might have, some salt and pepper and maybe some diced veggies.

see

Thanks guys

Forgot to add: Serve over toast or biscuits.

You can throw in scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, chicken, hamburger, roast beef, just about anything

Surprisingly filling and keeps pretty well in the fridge.

Man i might go to the store and get some frozen biscuits to serve that over, do you think it will be sorta like sausage gravy even if i use ground beef, since that's what i already have?

Beans n rice out of large bags (bulk) They dont call them beaners for nothing

With a tight budget you wanna keep a few things on hand that are very flexible, recipe wise, and cheap

Milk, eggs, butter.
Bisquick mix
peanut butter
Crackers (they keep longer than bread)
Cheeses
Buy bacon in ends and pieces, still bacon but LOTS cheaper. You can get three pounds for the price of one pound of sliced

Shop right and you can still eat well on the cheap.

Not as spicy as sausage gravy, since ground beef is kinda bland, but yeah, it's the same gravy recipe