ITT: movies that were better than the book

ITT: movies that were better than the book

jaws

Misery

That movie is super faggy. The book is edgy but it was at least interesting.

Stop posting,thanks

Fuck you, faggot. I know you have a mancrush on RDJ which is why you like this shitty adaptation. Don't even deny it.

OP gives good head. And is a fag.

Fight Club comes to mind.

It's not an adaptation it's loosely based on the book dummy

People are going to say The Godfather, but they didn't FUCKING READ IT
It's so ridiculously better, even the ending alone makes it that much more worth it.

Also the book Goodfellas is based on, it goes more in-depth. What they took from the book is correct, but that's not all of it. Also Tommy is two different guys, made into one, for the movie.

Fight Club absolutely comes to mind. Palahniuk is (usually) a hack, but that movie was a fun ride.

Haha, Fuck off

This movie's actually really tight.
definitely. I think Chuck even admitted it

You deliberately picked movies based on books written by Ellis, didn't you?

Jurassic Park.

fucking this. movie is a mess, compared to the book.

>it's different from the source material, that means it's bad
This line of thinking makes me want to murder people. I don't understand how you could be so moronic.

Correct. Great fucking movie

That's because you are actually retarded and rage at things you do not understand.
1) Nobody said that
2) you misconstrued what was said, then got MAD at that

A book tells a better story than a movie. That's all there is to it. All a book is is a story, it doesn't have to be visual, your brain is doing all the work here. It's not a directors interpretation regurgitated through actors who can't see it as he does.
A book story is good. The movie adaptation removes much of the content. When you compare them, it's bad. it doesn't stand up, if you were to compare them, you wouldn't like the movie.

A movie CAN be good on its own, but then you read the book and see where you were wrong.
It's not exactly and automatically "it's different therfore it's bad", which is EXACTLY what you said, even though nobody had said that before you did. You are a fucking moron and you don't DESERVE to be able to read. No wonder you don't like doing it, you fucking take everything the wrong way like a woman, you probably rage too hard a couple chapters in because you can't handle it being better than your entertaining baby film.

I hear that The Godfather is actually a really sleazy novel and the film gives it a gravitas it doesn't really deserve.

LotR trilogy

Ghost in the shell

Rayturd alurt

The Hobbit. The book was for 3 year olds while the trilogy treated us like adults.