youtube.com/watch?v=XYAghEq5Lfw
youtube.com/watch?v=dIC4VSUE7q4
youtube.com/watch?v=E5EW6b8nVD8
soundcloud.com/katuchat/lobelia
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Your music is bad and you should feel bad

youtu.be/6mtn1YWyJas

It isn't trash, but you could work on a few things

Firstly, the strong baseline isn't usually associated with quick on/off baselines. If you want to use strong baselines, just lower the bass a bit and make it a bit less on/off and more constant.

A great example of this is:
youtube.com/watch?v=KHiwagLN9F4

Strong baseline, moves between higher and lower frequencies smoothly. Sounds good.

The next issue is that your associating a strong baseline that is on/off with a high treble aspect that is on/off. Bad combination. Pick one or the other, and add in your own touch after that. The snapping is eh, most chill songs don't need a constant treble aspect for it to be good.

You'll notice this song has something that sounds like your snapping, but instead its like drum sticks hitting each other. It is also dumbed down, with less treble.
youtube.com/watch?v=XYAghEq5Lfw

Songs don't need extremes of either end to sound good, and generally you'll want stuff to flow together gracefully and for there to be no sharp edges to sounds. Especially when it's supposed to be chill.

It's good to develop your own style, but start with taking a good song and building your own to sound like it, but with your style. That way you will understand what the successful artists do to make their music good and then all you have to do is make it your own.

also as this nog posted, good music almost always has vocals of some sort.

It's really fuckin hard to make a song enjoyable without legit instruments or vocals of some sort.

We humans enjoy the sound of our own voices, especially good ones that flow with the baselines and other stuff.

Find a basic bitch song with good vocals and remix it, or just harvest the vocals out of them. You can probably find sound files of vocals alone and use those.

Nice review with some good points, but OP, I'd take this with a grain of salt, reaching a nice balance of bass and high treble is hard but great when achieved.

another good one

Solid baseline, varying in rhythm (which you need, don't be a lazy cuck)

Vocals, everything flows together nicely, no cuts in audio ever, always something happening. Easy on the ears.

This track has vocals it in though, just subdued... did you listen?

I heard some people talking about the bass line.. What bass line? The bass is in the sub hit and the kick drum... there is a some what of a bass tap between phrasing but that's it. I enjoy the disjointed flow of the piece, it works somehow.

yea, i'm not saying it isn't possible, but it isn't easy for someone starting out making music. Especially chill music, which almost never has these aspects.

Here's that song I was reffering to
youtube.com/watch?v=dIC4VSUE7q4

For glory, here is a song that does treble with base together very well.

It has extremes of both, with high treble vocals and synth, with low punchy base. It's not easy getting this right though.

youtube.com/watch?v=E5EW6b8nVD8

I'll be honest I listened while doing something else for about half the song, i'll relisten

The 2nd track you showed is compressed to hell though.. but I do agree with the first example.

Seriously tho, it's not bad. You have potential

I mean yea, there is very faint vocals, but they are only noticeable as vocals mabye 5-10% of the song. When I say vocals I mean actual vocals, not just a synth wave of one. Actual singing, and then you can do the kind of thing he did.

Well, it is youtube. You can't expect much

The point is, there is lots of treble and lots of base and it works well.

Lots of vocals, lots of base, lots of synth.

Also, OP

Don't be discouraged by people telling you what you should do.

I play many instruments and listen to many genre's of music. Making niche music is easy, making music that fits a genre and competes with other artists well is another feat, and that's also where the money and fame is.

No drop 4/10

Music like this doesn't have a drop... I think OP did that on purpose.

OP in all honesty I feel like your song lacks complection. Yes, I understand that it is a downtempo peice but over-all it comes off as a bit monotonous. I would try adding a faster tempo sub-rythum to the song that varies in and out of the piece to liven it up a bit.

Hope my input helps

>Jaturna
>Quality free music

Quality free indeed.

Don't drop means isn't progressive house that means isn't that commercial, that means OP will be a poor unknown talent guy. 4/10

Shit tier wordplay

>kys

troye sivan is so beautiful and his music isnt trash

something along the lines of this, with multiple melodies playing at once

soundcloud.com/katuchat/lobelia

Op here, thanks for all the in depth feedback without being a dick about it, much appreciated mates.

Honestly, this was made as background music. I intend to throw this stuff up on youtube in hopes content creators will use it in their videos and such but yes thanks for the input guys!

if it's intended for background music while someone is talking, then it's fine

This is lovely.

yeah give or take.
Ha, thanks.