Ivy league brag thread?

Ivy league brag thread?
Who here actually has a future?
School is pic related.

Not Ivy League, but I'm defending my dissertation in 17 days.

>Harvard
>Good

Lol fucking retard.

Bah, harvard is for uptight queers.

>Being proud of a school that gives BA's in computer science

post your school then

Worst investment of my life :/

What subject?

Biological sciences

Neat

respectable

>actually paying money to go to school
youre doing it wrong

i got rejected from harvard does that count for anything

Meh. I'm just ready to defend, graduate, and move on.

Thanks.

>Undergrads

Keep going little buddy, you just might matter some day if you keep trying.

Heading to UC aka universoty of Chicago for med, better than ivy league

Fucked a girl from Harvard for a while and holy shit everyone there is a snotty up tight piece of trash.

>the fucker actually believes it

gud luck sucking mason cock and payin the jews back

>tfw you grad from a minor school nobody cares about, and beat out all the Ivy Leaguers for the job you want anyway

Agreed. Columbia rules.

>wanting jobs
>working
you really are a peasant

public ivy welcome?

Any Ausfags sandstone here?

someones gonna make 200thou a year, drive a jag, marry a blonde, and pretend hes not a closet faggot for the rest of his life. congrats on the alma matter faggot.

My girlfriend goes there

Ehhhh, Chicago is a pretty fucking good med school bro.

You guys current Columbia students?

Funny story, i watched a football (american) game between harvard and columbia. The performance was passable.. but the harvard cheerleaders...

best thing ever.

whenever harvard fucked something up, or columbia did something right... they would chant

"That's ok, that's ok you're gonna work for us someday! Go Harvard!"

honestly it was pretty slick.

Everyone I've ever met who has attended Penn was a sociopath.

no, graduated a few years ago.

Anyone else from across the pond?

its pretty hilarious to read about how harvard treats other ivies

>I GO TO HARVARD I HAVE A FUTURE HHUEHUEHUE
no you don't faggot, you just got swindled into giving a shit ton of money to further priduce this idea of college actually teaching you.

Good to be top dog

cool how is it?

>implying he's actually paying for it
hahahahah poorfag spotted hahaha i bet YOU actually pay for your college dont you? hahahah

Pretty amazing. Some of the American schools are good looking, but nothing beats Oxbridge architecture.

>Pic related
My favourite place to study on campus.

Brown reporting in

>tfw you just didn't apply to Harvard for graduate school because it does not have any researchers in your field of study.
>tfw you understand that Ivy League on its own never meant anything and begins to mean less and less to OP as each second goes by.

>bragging about the higher ed institution you attend
>implying you have no desire to be productive
You're really selling me on the quality of your school and your ability to manage time, which is limited for everyone.

holy shit that is beautiful

Best school. Best City.

Cambridge is a shit show.

>bro.

eh, can't really deny that being able to network with other harvard alums is a huge benefit

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Even if you don't care about the actual education part, and all you care about is the money, then an Ivy league education is one of the best investments you can make - and that's especially true for Harvard.

Where's the swindle?

>ivy league brag thread
>bragging about this uni
topwew

goddamn man

Absolutely disgusting.

>treating college as a commodity
filthy peasants

UC Davis graduate student reporting in.
And reporting out because this thread gave me cancer and I need to go to the hospital now.

Post your student id with timestamp.
Otherwise you are just a cornell failure.

Sorry bud, not stupid enough for that

Yeah, it really is. The sense of history that pervades the whole campus is something I just don't think you can find at American colleges.

Those desks (which I use all the time) were designed by William Blackstone. They're older than America is.

whew lad

is it a stressful environment?
as stressful as say, UPenn where students commit suicide because of bad grades?

> claims to go to Harvard
> didn't know how to mask his personal info
You probably couldn't even get into Cornell

Kek I was there for that thread

I'm a brown alum. Good enough school. I liked it. Lived in the Rock.

People hate that fucking school though. Everyone says shit like, "That's not a real ivy," blah blah blah. Anyway, what are you studying/did you study?

lol ikr?

what is the joke i dont get it

What'd you study? You're not the weird but super cool kid who invited a random person (me) to do coke in his apartment a few days before Christmas, are you?

why do people hate it?
why did you like it?
I was thinking of applying there

I got a 2200 on the SAT had a 4.5 GPA and finished 4th in my class and still barely managed to get into UF

It's a reference from game of throne

Eyy. Shoot thru to the grad, first round is on me

I go to Columbia and it sucks. Studenta are suck ups, professors are assholes, administration is retarded, and the girls are ugly as shit.

yeah no shit but i meant
whatever

not on Sup Forums you don't

>Be OP
>Sitting at home crying and eating junk food as usual
>Mom comes in
>Tells me if I don't get a job or go to school I get no more chicken tendies
>mfw
>ferment my years of tears and finally get the balls to drink them
>drunk
>get on Sup Forums
>pretend to be a Harvard student
>they don't fall for bait
>cry myself to sleep and abandon thread
>uncle comes in and gives me bad touch
>pretend I'm asleep and never visit Sup Forums again.

you must be white then?

Depending where you went to high school the GPA and class rank become much less impressive. Plus they're not really bragworthy anyway.
Decent work on the SAT though.

Didn't get in anywhere else?

Oxford is probably more stressful in a lot of ways. Undergrads have very intensive work schedules where they write at least one 2,000 word paper a week, and then have to discuss it in person with a prof and a group of 2-3 other students. It can be really intimidating. Also they're entire grad is dependant on one final exam at the end of their degree. That's some insane pressure.

>>uncle comes in and gives me bad touch
thats not something to joke about you shit lord

glad your parents can afford it, will be funny when you fail to keep the grades needed to graduate.

Not ivy league, how do you guys get approached to join frats? I'm going to community college right now, just enrolled. Plan on attending UW-madison after I do my time and get some credits here

I don't know, some people hate it because it's pretty relaxed for an Ivy. You can take classes pass/fail, you don't +/- grades (you just get an A, or B, or C, etc., no A+, A-, B+, etc.). It also has a reputation for being for "stoners."

I was not a stoner. I was probably dangerously intense about studying and shit, so I didn't really even see much of that side of the school.

But I think people hate it because it's more relaxed attitude disqualifies it as a legit ivy.

I mean, I don't know why I liked it. I made great friends, I learned a ton, and I thought the general campus atmosphere was great. Providence is pretty cool too. It's got good enough food.

But I finished, colleagues of mine who went to Princeton and Harvard and the like would say things like "Pppsshh, Brown isn't even an ivy," or "Did you take all your grades pass/fail?"

Thing is, I think the ivy distinction thing is bullshit anyway, so I just let them say that sort of shit, and after a few weeks they stopped because they weren't getting a rise out of me.

They make jokes about your school in Family Guy

yikes thats fucking horrifying
how has your experience been so far?

sour grapes much you little faggot?

>how do you guys get approached to join frats?
>implying Sup Forums joins frats

made me laugh

Sorry to hear you don't like it at CU. I thought it was pretty cool. How'd you like LitHum and CC?

All I did was school work and pretty much lied about my volunteer hours, and UF is really big on extra curricular activities like sports and shit which I did none of so I only had the bare minimum but my SAT was what got me in.

respect for other? where the fuck do you think you are?

>glad your parents can afford it

I don't get this. Do people not know that 50% of Harvard students get financial aid?

The only explanation I can think of is that people are sour they couldn't get in, and comfort themselves by saying "it's not because I wasn't smart enough, I'm just not lucky enough to have rich parents"

Work harder. Get a scholarship.

Bleh, Columbia is for uptight queers.

Um, idiot here. I need help with school. Can you guys give me your best tips to do better in school? How did you become so intelligent? How can I do better?

Study

Don't be a fuckwit and make some friends that are in one. Pledges are always friends of friends. The frat "recruiting" isn't as common as you'd think. It's honestly not hard, they're always looking for pledges becasue without them, the chapter dies. Also they're basically slaves for a semester or 2.

Columbia is fully need blind for domestic undergrads.

Intelligence is, in part, a result of genetics. You can improve yourself by reading widely and engaging in conversations with people with diverse academic backgrounds. Studying always pays off. Also, learn how to think, not just regurgitate the facts you have memorized.

Don't do what I did and get trashed everynight in college and you'll do fine, I passed but my grades were subpar. Just have some fucking motivation and listen in class and do what they tell you, as long as you don't do the bare minimum you'll be fine.

I'm the guy going to Oxford. LitHum and CC formed a large part of the reason I applied to Columbia. They sound awesome. I think they should be mandatory at every university.

Heres a picture with an interesting fact about plutonium for your trouble.

that sounds pretty cool! I myself kinda hate grades, even though I've always gotten straight a's. So i really liked the pass fail thing, or Reed college's system of just never even telling you your grades.
I like that idea of being more relaxed and having more freedom, which gives the student more impetus and mobility to do their own work in a creative way.
thanks for the info man!

im at ICL doing chem eng

it wasnt bait i was being serious you fucker