Tfw you realize the opening to RotS is basically the plane scene except about six times longer

>tfw you realize the opening to RotS is basically the plane scene except about six times longer

more like the ending of ROTJ mirrored in reverse.

Tell me about the Sith.

Was Sheev's master plan ever adequately explained? Did he even want to get caught by Grevious?

Shit is like a million times more complicated than Bane's scheme from the beginning of TDKR

ANAKIN,
PALPATINE IS DARTH SIDIOUS
PALPATINE IS A SITH

He only set it up so Anakin could kill Dooku

Why didn't he just yell that Palpatine was evil right there?

What did he tell Dooku then? Dooku's expression after "DOIT" seems to imply he knows Sheev and Sidious are the same guy.

Did Sheev just want to make sure one of them was in the wreckage?

at least bane's plan made some kind of sense (except for getting tricked by CIA's flight plan)

If Sheev's whole plan here was to get anakin to fight and beat Dooku to kill him and become closer to being Vader, so much could have gone wrong it's ludicrous
Unless Sheev was just mind-controlling everyone of course

But how did he know that would happen? I don't know that outcome seems pretty improbable.

First Dooku would have to be to go along with this plan at least up to the point of letting Sheev on his ship, and he'd probably ask what the point of all this was. Then Grevious (who evidently did not know that Palpatine was Sidious) would have to kidnap him somehow without a hitch. Then Obi-Wan and Anakin would have to get onto the ship somehow and not get killed on the battlefield. Then Dooku would have to KO Obi-Wan but not Anakin, because if Obi-Wan was conscious he'd have been able to talk Anakin out of killing him. Then Anakin would have to kill Dooku by himself. Then Anakin and Sheev would have to not get killed by Grevious and his troops. Then the ship they were on would have to not blow up and get disintegrated in the atmosphere.

In practice nearly all these things would be out of Sheev's control unless he gave it away that he was a dark lord with a ton of dark powers.

i laughed way too hard at this

Sheev will win regardless of the outcome. He moves from one apprentice to the other, testing to see who is the strongest. Multiple plans all happening at the same time as he manipulates all around him.

I remember having seen this with my dad, mom and sister when it came out. We all went, with the exception of my sister to see the new one as well. Really it seems like the tradition in my family though is mostly me and my pops seeing these movies together for my first time.

During this scene my dad blurts out "He's the emperor" just because Sheev was so obvious from the beginning, it almost made the movie harder to enjoy as a result.

I don't know why Dooku became such a coward in the last moments. He should've sold Sheev the fuck out.

Then again, there wouldn't be much of a movie.

Fucking hell, I just roared up a lung.

RotS was a disappointment to me after watching Genndy Wars. Seeing Star Wars with actual emotion to the stories and coolness for the first time since the original trilogy, etc. felt like it set the bar too high.

All the prequels were disappointments, but RotS was the biggest.

Can someone make a video of this or would that be too hard?

But the ship almost fucking crashed with no survivors! Sheev only survived the landing out of luck.

Most of those hypothetical outcomes are good though, or at least not that bad. For example, if Anakin and Obi-Wan died, no big deal, he actually planned for Obi-Wan to die. If Grievous died during the kidnapping, that's fine, he wanted Grievous to die eventually. And Palpatine knew that neither side would actually hurt him, separatists were ordered by Evil Sheev to not harm Good Sheev.

The only way it really could have gone badly was if someone betrayed him, it would suck though if both Anakin AND Dooku died, with Obi-Wan winning the fight,

Both sides of the war are working for Sheev. The robots know of Sidious, the republic knows of Palpatine. Only Tyranus knows they're the same person.

Sidious tells Tyranus to tell Greivous to kidnap Palpatine. Tyranus thinks it's to lure Anakin so Tyranus can kill him. It's the other way around.

I remember bursting out laughing at the end of Phantom Menace

>always two sith
>did we get the apprentice or the master?

Camera lingers on Sheev (though he was simply Palpatine back then) for what felt like a minute.

It was so bad that a young Chris Nolan posted nothing but

>Bravo Lucas

On Usenet for two weeks straight.

>Third frame
>Windu-coloured Polo

Top kek

bane's plan did not make sense because he says his entire purpose for boarding the plane is to find out what doctor pavel told CIA but then he kills everyone before finding out.

>panel 5
>Smee and Heer are kept intact
??

Incredible.

>not posting the real one

LEAVE HIM OR WE'LL NEVER MAKE IT!

Dammit guys stop murdering my sides like this!

His fate will be the same as ours.

>yfw it was because pottery

I love you Sup Forums. never change

I never actually noticed this. Whoa. The pottery in this movie is so dense.

>They must be dead by now; destroy what's left of them

What did he mean by this?