Impending kratom ban

Impending kratom ban.

DEA will effectively ban kratom on 9/30.

Other urls found in this thread:

petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/please-do-not-make-kratom-schedule-i-substance
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

who gives a fuck what the dea has to say when you dont live in amerishit

i literally thought about posting this, i just bought a kilo of it, and have 300g next to me right now. I love that shit

So what is the effect like

depending on the strain, its different. im on red bali right now, and its really uplifting, and focusing. feels like adderall. i had green meaga da and it was more like Vicodin

I know. :/
So stupid, no one asked for this.

So is this for sure? I've been using kratom for like 5 years straight, and now this shit? It's the only thing I can effectively use with my job...

Link?

Cheers, only just heard of this stuff since the incoming ban and now cant find any legit websites to import into uk. What strain would you recommend for a first timer if i mange to find a way to buy

my favorite is probably red bali, or white boreno. but green meanga da is just a good over all. what i would do is find a website that will sell you like 10g bags to test, before you go all out on one

Maeng Da has been a favorite of mine for awhile now, Yellow Vietnam is good too. Stock up while you can bros.

It really is sad that they are making even more plants with legitimate medical uses illegal because little timmy OD'd on autism but had some in his system.

I bought a bunch of the shit and it IS shit. Taking it is absolutely crappy. It tastes like shit and you need A LOT to feel anything. I kept taking more after not feeling anything. When I actually did feel something, I just had a lack of energy, I felt drained. I still have a bunch in my closet, unless I threw it away.

underage fag

I just went through a mild withdrawal that lasted for a week from taking only 4-5g for 2.5 weeks only. (and I didn't even take it everyday.)
It's not worth it. Dunno why but it creates dependence fast and the withdrawal, even mild is quite unpleasant. Got the restlessness, chills, fatigue, and the worst: anxiety and depression.

Kratom sucks.

It's not supposed to taste good, people use it as a medicine, not for a fun time.

Kids like you are why the DEA makes these substances illegal.

Honestly, I wasn't expecting much. Don't blame me, blame the people who advertise the shit. I wanted a LITTLE lift is all, like coffee. Also, fuck you for blaming me for the government being a bunch of power hungry douches. Basically, KYS.

>blame the people who advertise the shit.

Noone is blaming you for anything, you cringy fuck. Why are you listening to idiots on youtube telling you this shit will get you high?

>KYS

Really? is this place facebook now

You're just a bitch. I take Atleast 15 grams a day and have been for years and sometimes have to go cold turkey for a month or two due to my job and having to travel.

You didn't even know what to expect, you just took a substance you had no understanding of?
You're fucking retarded.

And what's this shifting the blame to "advertisers" lmao.

They put the idea in your head there for they are responsible? You should be kept far away from drugs, it's not good for whatever undiagnosed mental disorder you have

A little of both the government doesn't want any legal alternatives to the pharma industry but they use little faggots like you to justify it.

Lucky for you.

Not sure what the point of the ban is supposed to be. No one is ODing or suffering because of this...

Plenty of people are using it to help quit opiates...

I guess it's a psychoactive, and no one who isn't suffering from some illness is supposed to have access to them (aside from caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol, of course)?

Really? You sound like the biggest faggot facebook loving newfag.

I'm going to neck some oxys now and forget about this.

Kratom can get you high by the by.

Dude lmao wooah man like big pharma is bad I like natural stuff as god intended natural is much better for the body maaan. The government banning something? yeah blame people who want to use recreational drugs no the idiotic policies and politicians.

Yeah, you can use kratom for a mild opiate high. The side effects really aren't worth it, though. I've never felt more than, say, 20mg of oxy... that involved either a whole-leaf extraction or gulping a lot of powder, and the morning after sucked.

It's a mood boost/minor buzz at best, when the pros still outweigh the cons.

I understand the DEA banning some RC with a legitimate record of harm behind it (still pissed about overseas banning of MXE, though). I feel like this is happening because it's sold in headshops and has reached a certain point of popularity.

And is also a psychoactive that people can use to feel good, which is obviously just wrong (if you're a crusty DEA enforcer).

>implying some unelected and unaccountable group of people can tell you what you can put in your own body.

>implying you don't own your own body, but some other group of people have higher claim to your person that you do.

that = than

these threads are a huge part of the bad rep kratom gets. it's a great plant, helps a ton of people. but the misinformation is huge and not everyone abuses it. for me, it saved my life from crippling depression and anxiety issues where not even xanax could help. it's definitely sad.

at least drop your name on the petition to try and help fight this horrible schedule 1 classification.

petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/please-do-not-make-kratom-schedule-i-substance

this. plus its the fucktards who use extracts mixed with chems and fuck it up that get sick or die on it. but yeah, blame the plant thats been used safely for thousands of years because some idiot kid OD's on an unnatural blend of shit that has kratom in it.

Agreed - the mood/anxiolytic effects are perfect.

There is a small amount of recreational potential (less than alcohol), but this has me wondering. Why is our society (or at least our "leadership") so completely set against drug use, even when the substance in question is relatively benign or non-addictive?

Was it just Nixon and his cronies?

it's all means of control. you can't put a patent on a plant that can be grown, so you make it illegal. then you can re-name it, re-package it, and sell it. plus, now that cannabis is being more and more decriminalized, the DEA still has to make their quotas, so the more things on the list, the better.

the government has many patents on cannabis, and there are patents on kratom starting as early as 1963. a new drug called "Tramasol" which ingredients are primarily the 2 main alkaloids in kratom, are currently getting trials for FDA approval so they can be sold to pharma companies and prescribed by doctors, who are paid by insurance companies, and on and on and on and on.

it's all a cash grab. the 90% at least of americans don't even know what kratom is. it's a complete farce. if you read the DEA's letter of intent, they claim that not enough testing has been done with kratom and so they are pushing for this "emergency" classification to a schedule 1. but you know what the WORST thing you can do to a substance to get more testing done on it is? classify it as a schedule 1! look at cannabis. even now, with some states having it fully legalized, you STILL can't get federal testing done on it because it's a schedule 1! the DEA is a fucking backwards agency, who only cares about their own job security. they are supposed to uphold laws, not make them.

don't listen to this user, it can be summed up in a single word
m o n e y

well said

I buy mine from a Kratom and Kava bar so hopefully they can keep selling it to me on the DL. Maeng Da is my favorite to brew at home but at the bar I like Red Bali. I also drink Yogi Kava tea. It's not as strong, but I drink about two pouches in one cup and reuse them as much as possible. I really hope Kratom isn't banned because it's really been helping me out lately. It's on a whole different level than coffee or espresso and I don't have to fear withdrawals like addies or coke.

Also how does everyone pronounce it?
>kray-tum
>kruh-tome
>kray-tome

at least sign the petition, link above. join the American Kratom Association's facebook page, donate if you have the means. there's also a DC rally on the 13th.

i say kray-tum.

Seems like kratom is a good place for so many people who need *something* to get by and the straight-edge puritans who for some reason run society to meet in the middle. As distasteful as that might be for both "sides."

For sure dude anything I can do to help

I know this sound kinda shitty but I have two other emails should I just use those to sign the petition as well?
I say kruh-tome at the bar but when I explain it to friends I say kray-tum so it's easier for them to look it up if need be.

tell that to the thousands of military vets with chronic pain and PTSD who have gotten completely off opiate pain meds because of a dried and powdered plant. or people like me who wanted to kill myself daily after i had a botched surgery and was sick every day for 5 years, which caused me to lose all my friends and fall into a pit of social anxiety.

i don't even use kratom daily. maybe 1-2 times a week, sometimes i won't even bother for months. it's completely as needed. not everyone is an addict, some just have addictive personalites and will abuse anything. prohibition never works, you have to treat the cause for that, not ban their current vice. it's not a physically addictive substance, it's a relative of a coffee plant, with multiple different strains for different ailments and has been used safely for thousands of years.

no, only sign it once. it needs to have validity to mean anything. the AKA has been adament about this.

my grandma actually uses kratom for her arthritis. she was so bad off she couldn't even grab a spoon. but she can after a kratom tea. she's in her 80s. im scared to tell her about the ban, she doesn't have internet

Never heard of this stuff until now but sounds interesting.
What is the effects and how is it consumed ?

google it. it's not a party drug.

that's just fuckin' sad bro.

yeah, she cried when i first introduced it to her because she was so greatful. she's used it for at least a year now and every time i visit her she shows me her little jar and thanks me again. my grandpa died awhile ago, and last time i saw her she was so proud that she could open the pickle jar by herself again. it's shit like that that the DEA is going after here. people who abuse it can get fucked, it's not even about that shit. you can snort cocoa powder and get high, smoke nutmeg. this is in the same vein as that. if people mis-use it, then target those people and get them help. don't ban things that allow people to live

god damn

On top of the petition I urge people to e-mail or even write their senators with other testimonies like user's here to show that it helps people and isn't a drug.

The reason why the banned it was to suck up to the biggest pharmaceutical companies as an apology after legalising some weed. They don't give a fucking care if it helps they get more >$$$$$$$

Good, the shit sucks and gave me wicked tremors in my veins. Scared the fuck out of me. Plus who cares about kratom when RCs exist.

tf i kratom

That seems like common sense to most of us...

I feel like most in government, even if you discount all the disgusting politics, are way off to the right of the people, still trying to toe the "reefer madness" line.

You show some paperwork to a busy, straight politician: "kr-ah-tum?" "It's a drug people are buying over the internet. Apparently they are using it to get high?" "What, another one? Don't they get that drugs are BAD? Ban it, hopefully this time they get the message..."

just because it doesn't work for you, doesn't mean it doesn't help thousands, user. what's next, a ban on coffee? a ban on white bread? you won't care until there's a ban on cock, clearly. you most likely didn't research what you were taking, took too much because you didn't "feel" what you wanted, and didn't respect it or yourself.

it helps thousands upon thousands of people, and has for thousands of years.

just the fact that you're talking about research chems shows that you were misusing kratom. it's again, NOT for funsies and so you can catch a buzz. most people who consume it are trying to get better, not high. if you want to get high, smoke a joint or take a drug that gets you fucking high.

god damn idiots like you are so fail.

You are a dumbass

this

I've done a few RCs. Some are more benign than others. MXE, vs, say, mephedrone/a-pvp?

As a (recreational) drug, kratom isn't that useful by itself, I'll grant you. That (sadly) is the only thing that might save it from Washington's single-minded crusade; in spite of mass protest, that doesn't seem likely. They seem to have lost any semblance of representing the people through the last couple of decades.

I think they mostly stay in power because of the major party/election rules. Ask anyone which party is better and they mostly just roll their eye... then go vote D/R.

Bump, for those who don't know. It's not like it's in the papers.