Feels Thread

Feels Thread

Bros I am in need of some help

I cried every time.

Filling both happy and sad at the same time, I truly don't know what to feel

Midnight advice anyone?

sup bro whatchu need

How do I support a depressed friend? My best friend just told me he had been battling depression and once almost killed himself at a party while drunk. I don't think he even meant to share that info and I don't think he'll remember if I bring it up tomorrow. I wouldn't know why he is even depressed because he is good looking and a very social person.

Checked

Anyways you should as /r9k/ since that is literally the "I want to an hero" board, I wouldn't know.

The best thing you can do is be there for them. Let them know you care, if it comes up again or if you bring it up recommend getting help. Help them avoid substance abuse like drinking or drug use. What's happening to your friend will most likely pass.

Thanks for the advice, I was planning on doing something similar. I don't want to bring it up myself because he may not remember and it could be a very weird situation. I am actually usually the person who prevents him from getting too drunk since I don't drink but he gave me an off day since it was my crush's party.

>be me
>25
>quit job
>isolate from friends
>stop working out
>stop eating healthy
>stop all hobbies
>no drugs
>no booze
>no goals
>can't sleep
>don't want to be awake
>become numb

Drinking can bring out the worst in us. He may have been down to begin with and drinking may have just made things seem worse that particular night. Keep an eye on his behavior.

May I ask why did you do all those things? I mean the way you phrased it it sounded like you isolated from friends and stopped hobbies by choice. If you answer maybe I can help

Yeah that is why I don't drink, I will keep an eye on him. It stood out to me because he seems happy all the time, so it was unexpected.

I made these choices because I saw the futility of it all. I realized that I want no possesions, no ties to this world whether material or emotional. The best way to put it is that one day I woke up and I was just tired. Tired of everything but to afraid and not selfish enough to die.

Aircraft mechanic here. Been depressed for year. Any reasons why I shouldnt just run Into à 777 engine one day. I run fast, I'd make it before they could shut the engine down

I made the same decission in '10 after failing my last attempt at gaining a decent qualification.

got fat with virtually no fatigue, isolated, unhealthy, socially secluded, and did nothing but play MMO's.

What helped me out of it was hitting rock bottom.
My flat was so messed up that my landlord wanted to kick me out, which would have meant being a hobo from that point on.
Talked him into letting me a chance, got to the local social services, which issued ambulant daycare, where a social worker is visiting me twice per week.
cleaned my flat, started doing sports again, restored my social contacts and now continue on more or less because I don't want to reach a point that low again.

So yea, my recommendation is to continue on. Once you run into a solid wall, your survival instincts will automatically set you back on track.

I don't know you tell me. Take a week starting from today to find a solid reason why you shouldnt.

I got one:
You won't be able to feel like a man for once and kick your fat gf out for being a lazy slob.

My mom died when I was less than a week old from a heart failure causing my father to drink a lot and mentally ruin me as a person.
The only thing I'm good at is acting like I'm fine

I wish I could, but I live at her place. I'd have nowhere to go.

Oh I've bottomed out before. I've spent 2 of the last 6 months living out of a car and I'm do smack again. Bottoming out isn't s problem for me. I still got so much lower to go.

I guess I can also abuse drugs and hookers before ending myself

>be me
>22
>Just got diagnosed with leukemia a few months back.
>second time
>have a loving girlfriend that sticks with me through it all
>slowly deteriorating
>Every day I look at her I can see the hope slowly leave from her eyes
>starts to get hard doing daily things
>can't eat much
>she cooks for me every night
>Feel worthless

Pretty excited for the new south park game though.

See, I didn't have a car.
Eventually I was simply cornered and had to take matters into my own hands.
and that gradually increased my self-esteem and self-worth again.
In the beginning I was forced to allow others to help me, but now I have my own motivation for continuing on.

Everybody has the right to feel lucky, and I work to earn mine.

Ofc nothing is perfect.
I lost my gf ironically in the moment when I started to improve myself.
Sadly this is a wound that still bleeds, but I don't want this to drag me down again.

Wouldn't say this easily, but I recommend suicide.
The exit bag method is fast and painless, and a clear cut is way better than to suffer and drag her down with you.

My grandfather lived for 20 years after being diagnosed.

Don't give up yet

I bottle all my emotions and push them down, I'm getting full. so when I feel them rise up, I cut myself to make room for my emotions.