I was expecting this to be a sequel to Soundtracks. Instead, I found disappointment

I was expecting this to be a sequel to Soundtracks. Instead, I found disappointment

This is better than Soundtracks though

I liked Soundtracks because it was so experimental and had at least 10 different genres on it.

This just feels like a rehash of old ideas played live. Nothing new cept for 1 or 2 songs

swans is bad tho

They've got a few gems

Feel Happiness is their best song. Shit taste senpai.

>a rehash of old ideas played live
it's a fucking live album

it's called a live album

are you fucking kidding me
gira makes majority of his songs LIVE and then records them
swans are a LIVE BAND

Why release a live album if they record everything live anyway?

Doesn't fix the problem

they jam live and the songs evolve from there but they record it in the studio

It's a live album nigger, what did you expect ?

there isn't a problem because your taste is shit

We're talking about the Swans, you pleb

There is no problem retard. Soundtracks is their final album, Swans are Dead is a live album, it doesn't bring anything new to the table people just like to hear the music live

No need to mislead people then. Everyone in these threads has always built Swans is Dead up to be some kind of sequel or better album than Soundtracks.

It's rated higher on RYM than Soundtracks

New material and a mix of old material played in a different way

>No need to mislead people then.
no one is misleading anyone you fucking idiot, if you did any kind of research on the album you'd know it's a live album
and it is better than soundtracks btw

Why would I need to research the album if I just need to put it on and listen to it, you retarded faggot

I knew it was a live album. I was following the Swans flow chart.

>it is better than soundtracks btw

lolno

>I knew it was a live album.
then what the fuck are you complaining about?

I've heard live albums that are completely new material, you dumb fuck. Listen to more shit.

so have I you dipshit, but most of them don't have new material
there was no reason for you to expect new material out of this one, specially since it has the same cover as soundtracks

hmm releasing live albums helps him cover cost to make more studio albums. and arguable I prefer majority of his live albums than studio.

> New material and a mix of old material played in a different way

There's both of those in there, you're just b8ing at this point

They don't record live you fucking weapon. They jam out and develop the songs in concert, and then they take the songs they've developed live into the studio to record it there

Swans Are Dead is the best thing they've ever done.

feel like that from every swans album released after the 80's

Nice meme.

literally their best

You're a fucking Neanderthal.

The problem is they you expected them to be experimental and revolutionary at a live show where they had to please crowds

I don't know why you are acting like this is a problem with the album when really it seems like a problem with your expectations
its a fantastic album too

that's literally the point of the album