>discord.gg/WyG9MTS

old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XelDCDRnboE
youtube.com/watch?v=QpoLe2v6MVo
youtube.com/watch?v=AW3mgjqwHiM
clyp.it/vgbwnfoh
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

jimi hendrix didn't know theory why do I need too?

First for being a poorfag

just got started at playing bass, is it realistic to think i can learn the basic on internet? (new thrad poped when i made this reply so im reasking)

Still haven't had time to set up the Jackson to my preferred tuning, but as is in E Standard it is amazing to play.

Man that Mustang looks neat

Yes, in fact if you can't learn basic bass on the I Internet then you can't learn bass

If people learn to shred on the internet i think you can learn basic bass on the internet too

He knew enough from constantly playing with others and playing in several bands. Playing guitar was his life. I'm sure you are nowhere close to that level of intimacy with music.

Shes been my #1 for 4 years, though that could change as this new Jackson is vying for my attention.

>tfw no qt j45

I asked this last thread, and only got a reply criticizing my grammar. I'll ask again differently i suppose.

I have a guitar with a bolt on neck, the flat squared off part extends up to about the 15th fret. It's more awkward to play there than I'd thought, stumbles, etc.. I searched about modifying the neck, found stuff on "shaving" it. I'm planning on completely rounding it to match the profile of the rest of the neck with a rasp/file, sanding it smooth. I'm just wondering if anyone here has done anything like this. ?

jim morrison didn't play guitar why should i

god fucking damn why does my country's economy have to plummet when I finally have a job and money and all this cool gear keeps popping up

Just make sure you don't go past the line where the neck meets the body, otherwise you'll throw off the angle and completely fuck up your guitar

You can shave off above this line and be fine, I would just get rid of those edges

>strat isn't a solid colour

How do I play a regular old Dim chord (NOT a Dim7)

diminish the chord

Learn what the Dim7 means and figure out

Yeah thanks man. That's exactly what i was talking about. If i start playing on that spot it's fine, but if i move up there my thumb gets hung up on the edge. It's actually ridiculous how high that it goes up there squared off.

It means 1 b3 b5 bb7

What's you're point? How does that help me find a nice voicing for a 1 b3 b5 chord?

Like goddamn. Look how much more severe the angle is than on that fender in your pic. It's an ML i got for like $200 and my 3 year old dropped it and the neck almost broke off (like 2 of the neck screws snapped, one bent). I fixed it but I'm not concerned about resale ever anymore. It's just retarded because MLs are designed for access and this is just backward of access

>not playing microtonal 8-string guitar
plebs, all of you

There was a pretty good site i used to frequent years ago. I forget the name of it but I'm bored af right now so I'm gonna look for it.

Bass isn't something you have to learn.
It's so simple, even a monkey could do it.

meant for

www.talkbass.com
www.activebass.com

They both died young, you should follow that lead too.

Is there any greater guitarist than J Mascis?
Just listen to this sweet intro youtube.com/watch?v=XelDCDRnboE

so music theory lengthens your lifespan huh
I was right in not learning it

reposting current rig from previous thread

>sideways

i'm a lefty who has never touched a guitar but is interested in learning. my favorite genres are hardcore punk and noise rock

does anyone have recs for a starting guitar?

i rec playing right handed. even if lefty feels more comfortable. it's what i did because you have many more options.

noted, any recs for guitars?

for a first one? anything you like playing really.

allright guess i will just pick a fender or something

I don't know how much you are willing to spend but don't get a cheap one. Mid-range Ibanez are good.
Hagstrom builds very good Paulas and SGs for around 500.

rondomusic has cheap stuff and allegedly its not bad

there is not

>tfw local shop has an ultra swede in grey
>tfw $450 and i'm poor
feels awful

Great reading comprehension bruh

Just sell some of the stuff you are hording or get a job.
Or learn how to save money. I have no job atm but could buy a 450$ guitar if I don't buy useless shit like video games for one month.

>have like $2k in bank
>is gov money for school
real tricky to keep convincing myself i have no money for non-essentials.
gonna look around for odd jobs to do, maybe i can get it by summer

>jimi hendrix didn't know theory
This must be one of the oldest guitar-related memes

>the bass is broken
>no other instruments to play
>completely bored

And I don't get another bass until 2 weeks. Never though life without my bass would suck this much.

Laney will release a 50th anniversary model soon. Anyone have any inside info on that? Lionheart was their 40th anniversary model, so I'm pretty excited.

would be much appreciated
ok i guess

Did you sell the CAR mustang?

Anything with humbuckers for HC

>guitar can't compete with the range of a piano

Hey /gg/, what are some good songs to learn for building up technical skills? Along with some techniques to practice beyond just knowing different chords. I know how to play most chords and can fingerstyle decently, but am stalling progress due to lack of direction. Anyone else have this problem?

So I have a 6505mh. With the gain pretty low at 3 my guitar feeds back instantly when not muting the strings. What do?

djent

youtube.com/watch?v=QpoLe2v6MVo

Listen guitarists, how they combine scales etc.

Check out . Think i was talking about the "active" one.

it's possible but I don't recommend it. most likely you will pick up bad habits.

I dont think tubes should look like this.

Classic 30 combo vibration death is a real condition.

satin>gloss

I don't know if this is the right place to ask but I'm looking for an electric guitar and don't really know what to buy. There's this around 300 dollar Epiphone Les Paul which sounds nice. Fender has some SQ Affinity guitars with amps for the same price or less but they sound kinda cheap but I haven't heard them in person. Any other ones or ideas? My budget is around 300 or so.

buy something you like that feels good when you play it

thank you, im going to check them out before practicing

Used mexican strat

Think this would be a good Squier to buy for a low-medium level player? Learning on a noname Stratocaster right now. Is the lack of a 22nd fret a big deal?

No, the Vibe series is 10/10. I've heard some of them feel as good as MIM Strats.

Have any of you guys got any experience with cheap pedals? (Behringer, Joyo, etc.)
I haven't got enough money to buy several Boss pedals and I was wondering whether it was worth spending about twenty quid per pedal. Obviously I'm not looking to keep them for decades, it's only a temporary thing.

that's a nice colour

just bought that joyo OCD clone and it sounds pretty great. haven't had much chance to use it yet but for fuckin $25 it's pretty ridiculously good sounding

the design looks like trash though but who cares really

I read/watched all of the rave reviews so I'm kind of sold.

Yeah I think it looks awesome. The Butterscotch Telecaster is just as good. If I buy the Strat and like it I'll probably end up getting the Telecaster too.

>The Butterscotch Telecaster is just as good
'no'

I think both models nail the aesthetics. Oh well.

i just hate teles

All high gain amps need noise suppressors
Check out a Boss NS-2 or ISP Decimator

dont think tubes should look like this

yeah, some are good some are bad

I had the ACTone which was one of the best sounding ODs I've ever owned, its a copy of the Tech21 Leeds I think. I also had the Joyo Tremolo which was a piece of crap. I think mine may have been busted though.

I have a Caline hot mushroom which is a Dynacomp clone which is pretty good for 30 bucks.

youtube.com/watch?v=AW3mgjqwHiM

man this guy was so good

heart attack at like 32 or some shit

What's on your pedal board?

> Fultone GT-500
> Tube Screamer
> MXR Fullbore Metal
> Ditto Loopy

supermoon chrome
DBA reverberation machine
ghost warm jet
zvex instant junky
ibanez twin scroll chorus
empress tape delay
dod 250

Deez nutz

>Fire Red Fuzz
>Stone Grey Distortion
>Deep Blue Delay

It sounds like you play some psychedelic post-sludgy stuff, nice

So it's just to mute the guitar when not playing?

How long did it take you to learn all the open chords in the beginner course at Justin Guitar?

And make smooth changes of course

It's going to take a few weeks to months honestly no matter where you learn, the best thing is to keep trying and not have a pretentious teacher who can't really play and discourages you. I learned miles in the first week when I changed teachers.

The main function is reducing overall noise, but yes, they also act as a noise gate by cutting out pretty much all noise anytime you stop playing. Definitely necessary for chuggy metal stuff with lots of rests in the riffs

Hello /gg/, short little question:
Do you prefer the first or the second mic position in this thing I recorded (esp. in this context)?

clyp.it/vgbwnfoh

I didn't even know any chord names for the first 2 years I was playing so yeah, a long time

How did you start playing? Didn't you go right into learning open chords?

BUT DOES IT DJENT?

first is learn all the notes on the fretboard.
usually people learn first position but it's better to do them all.
it's easy because all you have to know is first position, 5th, 7th, 10th, 12th frets and you'll have it down

They both sound good to me, just different.

First one sounds very resonant and sounds raw and rootsy.

Second one is less resonant and sounds clean and jazzy. So I guess it's up to you whatever kind of feel you're going for.

That's just my take.

Maybe start at the first one and go just slightly to the second position. The first one has the best tone, but it's just a pinch too sharp, now you could use the second position and equalize the track to get things a little more crisp, but it's whatever.

I had a teacher who didn't care about theory so much, most of the time he showed me how to play something and I played it with him, we played some chords but never gave them a name

he sounds like a bad teacher but I'm sure I would have lost interest in guitar fast with a demanding one
I had to catch up on a lot of theory when I really got into guitar but I still play mostly by what feels right and not theory

I'm just following Justin Guitar, it doesn't mention notes at all in the beginning.

Maybe i should add in learning notes, how do i go about doing that?

Sounds like a good teacher if you ask me

The most important job for a teacher is probably to keep the student interested in the subject, and i think playing with some chords and make some simple tunes is probably a good way of doing it. Instead of going right into theory.

That's the best teacher imo. The first teacher I had was a band teacher at my highschool, and he was the sort of teacher that completely discouraged tabs, told us it was most important to learn theory, and the result was a bunch of kids who after 3 months couldn't play shit. He honestly couldn't play much himself but bless his heart for dying. I wen't to a place in chicago after that called Old Town School of Folk Music where I've gone for the past 7 years and they start you off just like that, they tell you the chord names, but that's about it, they make sure you like how you feel so you can drift into being better, then later classes like the jazz one I've been in for a few years now, make you learn and apply the theory. What I'm saying is for a guitarist/bassist the most important thing is feeling good when you play, who cares if you can speak the language if you can sing damn fine.

>but bless his heart for dying

my god user

I might not have worded that right, I mean I respected the guy as a father and kind man, regardless of my opinions on his playing I feel bad he had to die.

that's what I was thinking
I usually prefer the second one but the first one sounds "older" and fits the context better imo (as micing between right hand and bridge was used more in the older days I believe)

thanks for your input, as soon as I use a second mic I'll probably use both positions and mix them

He was a good teacher but I think he should have gone deeper into theory and technique at some point (after a year or so)
I've been playing for about 8 years and most people can play like me after 4 years or so

but then again I'm still only 20 and treat guitar strictly as a hobby and not something to make money or woe woman with so I don't really mind

Does this rubber actually keep flying Vs from slipping when you're sitting down? I don't play standing up so I would need a solution. Those new Epiphone58 reissue Flying Vs are looking real nice for the price.