Premier League thread for Americans

how many ameriflags here are even a little bit interested in the premier league starting this weekend? I know you're out there somewhere. most of the games are airing on TV with the other 4 on the internet if you've got a subscription to NBCSN.

>Saturday
>7:30am ET - Hull vs Leicester (CNBC)
>10:00am ET - Everton vs Tottenham (CNBC)
>10:00am ET - Crystal Palace vs West Brom
>10:00am ET - Burnley vs Swansea
>10:00am ET - Middlesbrough vs Stoke
>10:00am ET - Southampton vs Watford
>12:30pm ET - Man City vs Sunderland (CNBC)
>Sunday
>8:30am ET - Bournemouth vs Man United (NBCSN)
>11:00am ET - Arsenal vs Liverpool (NBCSN)
>Monday
>3:00pm ET - Chelsea vs West Ham (USA)

First for my man Moyes.

He's going to die again.......

everton supporter, still waiting to see if anyone can make something of this team. moyes didn't, martinez didn't, now we got koeman. I know, I know,
>neverton
but still, I'll be waiting for them anyways. as for this season, stones left but it looks like we just miiiight keep lukaku.

ded thred

>1/5 support a league
>probably 1/20 have ever watched a game
true story

probably even worse if you control for hispanics
1/1000 blacks has probably watched a game

I'm okay with not relying on blacks to be the base of the american fanbase.

>tfw your team is in the championship

I'll still watch the PL, though.

all of the english people I've met that follow it have two teams, one that's the local team to where they live, and one they watch in the premier league. I guess it's similar to having a pro and college team here or something, where the lower one is more personal to them but the higher one is the one they expect things from. or something.

SO pumped for tomorrow morning

waking up extra early to watch the preview shows

What team user? I got roped into picking Wolves years ago because of Sup Forums but then they got relegated twice, back in the Championship now.

what's the network coverage like in canada? is it easier or harder to watch than us?

Everton have been bragging all summer about all the Money you have received off your new chink eye sugar daddies. You wvere even gifted over forty million for John fucking Stones. Where is the investment in the squad?

Newcastle? At least you've got based King Benitez

from everything I heard, the idea of being drowning in money was ALWAYS overblown and not even close to true, didn't kenwright still retain 51%? that seems to imply that our spending habits (or lack thereof) are pretty much going to stay pretty much the same, except for whose bank accounts the proceeds are going to.

so if there is any major investment into us, I suspect it will be long-term and more focused into the facilities and the system rather than just lavish transfer and wage fees.

C-can I post in h-here?

just like with americans in your threads: as long as you're not obnoxious about it.

I've seen every USA national team since 2009 and couldn't give 2 fucks about the British teams in some faraway shithole

>eriksen demanding 150k a week

Well, it was fun while it lasted, hope he leaves England.

well that's the national team of course, not the same as club soccer. as far as that goes, I'd rather watch from one of the best leagues in the world instead of MLS, and the premier league speaks in a language I can understand. if the MLS was better than the others I'd watch it instead, but that's not going to happen.

dubs say liverpool wins against arsenal

There was never a doubt in my mind. It is a wonderful time to play them.

>tfw we will 'Liverpool' it up and concede off the back of Mingolet's face on the seventy third minute.

Spurs are going to get eaten alive unless they pull an Atletico and turn into an elite team overnight. Kane, Alli, and Dier could all double their current wages by going to Manchester City, Manchester United, or Chelsea, and it's only a matter of time before they leave. Especially when you consider how overpriced English players are these days. Levy won't be able to help himself, those 3 players could probably fund his new stadium by themselves.

hype af. COYI

Make an nfl fantasy league already

Last season proved beyond all doubt that the Premier League is the most entertaining league to watch in the world.

>b-but la liga has better players

No one cares who Barca beat 6-0 this week. Besides when Atleti won the title, it has been a borefest in recent years. Meanwhile, the PL has has had Aguueerooooooo, the ultimate choke when Gerrard slipped and Liverkek lost the title, and fucking Leicester who narrowly avoided relegation winning the league with games to spare, with a memey chav scoring the goals. Thank god it's back, lads. Can't wait.

I already did, just working on the settings then I'll be recruiting this weekend. it'll just be one league this year, though. I'll be spending more focus into the weekly power rankings poll and the "experts panel" game (need a new name for that)

He's an Arab mate not a chink

K-keep a lookout for an email with 'awaythrow' in it senpai

the title race in the 2011-12 season, especially the last game, was pretty amazing too. it's unlikely we'll get to see things like that very often though

yeah alright, will do. I expect spots to fill up fast though, even though the draft won't be for a couple weeks.

My man Guardiola bout to fuck up Sunderland.

Those people are viewed with disdain unless that team is below the 6th division desu lid. Even down at that level there are clubs that attract 2k supporters at games

well I've only met like 5-6 people like this, and they were all in america at the time, so take that as you will. the highest division of the local team was a guy who supported leyton orient, but the rest were clubs I had never heard of in leagues I didn't know about back then, like "Isthmian League First Division North" or whatever.

>get Tees-Wear
>no Tyne-Wear
>no Tyne-Tees either
not sure if upset or just relieved

>west coast
>game starts at 4:30am
>pre-game shows even earlier
I'm not gonna make it bros.

DVR it you fucking retard

>owns a cable subscription and a sports package
>calling someone else a retard
haha oh wow

>everton vs tottenham

Think Everton will win 2bh. Koeman + lucucku will be deadly.

are everton actually going to play defense this season though? tottenham looks better to me than their payroll total would suggest.

Who knows what Koeman will do but everton is a near perfect fit for him. Solid defenders and a wealth of pace upfront. I don't think tottenham are all that. Their squad is decent but nothing special. Tottenham are closer to teams like everton than they are to teams like city or chelsea in terms of squad talent and depth. I don't think they're good enough to even get top 4 this season.

I agree with that valuation of Tottenham, I don't think anyone honestly believes they are going to repeat top 4 again this season, whatever their supporters say in public. it's just that gaps between teams that seem insignificant when viewed from the point of view of top 4-tier clubs, are much more important to the teams farther down. so yeah, tottenham are closer to everton than they are to the likes of city and chelsea, but I still feel like there's a decent gap between us, and until I actually see several matches from this "new look everton" it's hard to convince myself differently. would not be surprised if we only barely finished 9th.

Only a cuckold would watch other continent games

a luxury of growing up with american sports is that american leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL) are also the best leagues in the world in several sports. so we're just used to having BOTH the best AND be american.

however most of the rest of the world was raised differently. they had their national pride, but the better leagues are elsewhere. it's been like that for a century though and everyone is used to it.

americans getting into soccer are only just now realizing a conflict in that part: do we follow the MLS which is the american league? or do we follow a european league which is one of the best in the world? in this case, we can't have both, so which one people choose is a matter of taste. I'd rather watch the best games possible, even if I can't just drive to attend one of them. other people are different, and that's fine, but it doesn't make either answer wrong.

Our year la

who you got

First match starts in 6 bongs and 8 bings but I still haven't slept yet, should I just stay up?

do it fampai

sneaky late post

Only a gender dysmorphic bi-genitalia pansexual would not.

M8 The MLS is Shit compared to the Premier League...

Hell The MLS is shit compared to Liga MX. The last time a MLS Team won the CONCACAF Champions League was in 2000.

This is Correct. I can easily go to an Earthquakes game, but I'd rather watch Man City or Barcelona or Bayern Munich.

Another issue (not releated) is that Earthquake tickets are expensive as opposed to Manchester City Games.

>poverty kick starting the same weekend as the NFL
>olympics are still on
keep this faggotry off Sup Forums it's USA time

Lotta neverton fans, cool.

My man
Let's trudge through this season together
Hopefully our new chink overlords know what they're doing

>Gotta makeup our own sport and name it 'Football'
>Suck at Actual Football so just call it something else.

The NFL will never be relevant outside our Country.

inb4 >Build Wall

I support MK Dons....

Does that make me a bad person?

If you're from Milton Keynes then arguably not
If you're from anywhere else then you are an objectively terrible person

So how did you guys pick which team to support?

I realized that I'd probably only ever go to England to visit London so I thought I'd pick a London team, and red is my favorite color so I picked Arsenal. Jesus Christ that was a shit decision. I'm from LA and my other teams (Rams, Clippers, Dodgers, Kings) have all been mostly shit/disappointing. Stoked on the Rams coming back tho

>tfw wonga not signing a striker to fund that pos stadium in inglewood

What do you mean Moyes didn't make anything of your team? You were complete shite before he got there and he got to the the champions league on a shoestring budget.

You're either a spic or a pretentious faggot. Pick one.

>have all been mostly shit/disappointing
Arsenal is objectively the team for you

>tfw just got off nightshift

Thank you based chelsea for being the latest game

Truth Hurts doesn't it?

No Spic, so I'll take being Pretentious.

OP is the worse fucking tripcuck here. Is see his shitposts in every game thread, and it's usually just a vague insight of the game "oh durant is shooting good" or something edgy for (You)s like "I would trade Westbrook for D Rose" and this continues in other sports as well like soccer and NFL. But its not JUST that he shitposts everytime, its that he CONSTANTLY shit posts. Hes honestly 190cm Masterace tier but at least he sticks to his own general, this fucker shits EVERYWHERE. He literally self bumped his thread after no one replied and replied to his self bump. What a bum

Why tho?

How can I explain if you don't already know why

Teams are for the fans and when a faceless overseas businessman treats it as an American franchise and just tears it away from its fans you upset people

rednecks don't give a fuck about divegrass.

Americans that follow EPL are literally cancerous.

Kill yourselves, everyone in this thread.