>wahhhhhhhhh

What did it mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rbBX6aEzEz8
youtu.be/9ZFmwkGsHFE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ayy

youtube.com/watch?v=rbBX6aEzEz8

OP here, meme posting aside, whats the tv consensus of eraserhead? Is it pseudo intellectual or pure genius? I personally love it

lmao

>daddy?
>please love me
>i didn't ask for this

I like to think parts of it as about bachelorhood, marriage, masturbation, and dealing with a first child.

no it's a pro-abortion liberal shitfest. David Lynch is a faggot.

>film is fully up to the viewers interpretation
>NO ITS THIS!!!!1

(you)

The kid doesn't look like an embryo though. he is already born, and Jack nance's character lives to deal with him.

I guess it can be about a kid who was a failed abortion attempt though.

There's no such thing as intellectual cinema, there is only cinema and flicks.

>Character has a shitty life
>A shitty wife
>a deformed child
>Keeps the baby, stays with the woman

U wot?

none of Lynch is pseudo intellectual. Lynch has very little ego and only makes sincere, honest movies.

Its supposed to stress you out and annoy you, just like a real life child.
Are you capable of watching anything without projecting your muh liberal boogeyman shit into it? Must be tiring. Lynch's daughter had a bunch of birth defects and needed a lot of surgery at a young age which effected him greatly. That's a big part of what Eraserhead is about.

I like it. I wouldn't say it's genius, but it's good, unsettling stuff. Definitely an art film, in the sense that the plot is barely there, but there's enough of a narrative structure to come away with a sense that Lynch is trying to communicate something (namely this ).

Raising that...child was doomed from the start

Do you think Eraserhead could've worked as an X-Files episode?

I love it but I'm also a pseudointellectual

I really don't. It's too slow-paced and there isn't a sense of danger.

You gotta stand up and take care of your responsibilities

eraserhead is awesome, it's not 2deep4u bullshit, it's just a simple story with some strange characters and strange audio

That's what I meant. How could it be a pro-abortion message if the movie is about a guy getting shit on by every conceivable avenue and he still mans up and rolls with it?

When I looked up the wiki article (this was years ago) and I learned that all the music was done by recording industrial machinery, I thought "Oh, this must be what industrial music is."

And then I felt confused and angry when, much later, I actually heard industrial music

That's most of Lynch's work to be fair. I think people overhype how complex his films are when the story is pretty simple all things told. It's just a simple story viewed through a kaleidoscope inside a house of mirrors.

It's a fantastic dark comedy

LOOKIT MY KNEES!

wtf was that weird cheeks woman?

I'm not memeing here, but the child isn't Henry's, is it?

The only film that's genuinely freaked me out, there's something so atmospherically disturbing about it instead of being "scary"

If it's not 2deep4u then why does David Lynch claim that no one has ever come forth with an accurate interpretation of it? Literally no one else in the world knows what the movie is actually about, that's a shitty 2deep4u film in my book.

nah, he got cucked for sure

I get most of the symbolism, but what was the deal with the chicken coming to life when they cut it?

Her stepping on those sperm things can be seen as a figure to masturbate for. That's one way of looking at it.

I think that fear is why the child looks that way. Henry could be scared he was cucked, or he could be scared he actually DID sire this monster. I think that's why the baby is creepy on a psychological level. He says that about all his movies. He wants people to discuss and disect his movies. If he gives away the meaning then the movie wouldn't be as long lasting.

If he wants people to discuss it then fine, just don't tell us whether we're right or wrong. It worked for Kubrick so why not with him? Why would he tell the world that they're wrong and that no one understands him? It makes his movies feel like they don't actually have any meaning when you deny everyone's theories like that.

That's the point, it's making a statement about the entire concept of the man taking on these ridiculous roles, living by these insane rules set upon them. It's making a mockery of it
If the character didn't endure any of the hardships the movie would be about something else

>A B C, A B C, A B C, A B C

What did they mean by this?

>and dealing with a first child.

Could that be because of his divorce and new daughter that forced him to delay Eraserhead shooting by four years?

do you guys think we'll be alone forever?

That might also be put into play but part of it was not receiving enough funding for the movie I think.

What the fuck was his problem?

Condense it into 45 minutes and add a sense of danger. What do you get?

I do remember him not having funding, but I also recall an interview where he said that he had to raise his daughter with no money, so he settled for some dishwasher tier job, and ended up shooting Eraserhead sporadically over four years.

It was under cooked but was forced to eat it and pretend to like it

Because that's just how it is

Eraserhead is complete shit

How old were you when you first watched this movie?
>12 years old
>walking through the blockbuster horror aisle
>see the boxart
>show my brother, we have to agree to rent one movie by our mom
>cousins sleep over because their parents are alcoholics
>watch it
>cousins get nightmares that night

Why? At least explain so that we can discuss.

15-16. I started getting heavily into the darker Lynch stuff back then.

What do you mean too slow paced? An actual episode of the X-Files would have condensed the basic story into five minutes for the intro, had twenty minutes of Mulder and Scully running around asking people about the baby, five minutes of Scully being skeptical about baby being capable of telekinetically forcing people to see it as a monster or it outright being a monster, ten minutes where the baby actually does something relevant to the plot, and the final five minutes spent wrapping it up either by killing the baby or killing whatever it is that's making those semen worms spawn.

Something completely different from eraserhead

My parents rented it on VHS when Twin Peaks was on and their descriptions of it fueled my imagination for years before I actually saw it sometime in my mid-late teens. It wasn't quite what I had imagined but I still liked it a lot.
Also, I saw it in the theatre a couple times and the projectionist didn't matte the film at full-frame and you can see a finger moving the legs of the miniature chickens when the black stuff comes out of them. Kind of ruined the experience.

jej

>Lynch's daughter had a bunch of birth defects and needed a lot of surgery at a young age
That explains Boxing Helena

It's a perfect film, not even kidding.

good movie

I saw it as someone's dream where details were exaggerated, random things happened, and some things didn't make sense, however, his dream reflected his current anxieties and worries over being a father.

Dreams are a big thing in Lynch films.

I'd say understanding dreams, dream logic, and how dreams affect our lives is THE most important part of understanding Lynch. The question isn't
>Is this a dream?
and more
>Who is dreaming?

Ahh so your problem is choices similar to your morals cause the main character pain in the movie?

Lynch's coping with fear of being a father

How did Lynch make the prop? What are some theories?

Something to do with a cow fetus.

yep. Heard he literally used an embalmed cow fetus

Does this remind anyone of something?

youtu.be/9ZFmwkGsHFE

Film Analysis

I want to see this now.

I need to stand up like a man and take care of my responsibilties.

>I imagined you wagging your long witch talon and swivelling your head from side to side when I read your post btw

E.T. Phone home!

You must be retarded, the film is about existential dread and how there is nothing more terrifying than bringing life into existence.

So its about as pro abortion as abstinence is you FUCK

That's adorable.

He probalby killed his pregnant wife, then himself, that could explain the perm, and now he's trapped in limbo or something.[spoiler/]

Surreal and dark, like a bad dream translated to film