What went wrong?

What went wrong?

The second half which is dogshit, then again Saturday Night evens it out

they should have replaced frankie sinatra with that freddie gibs tack.

yeah either that or that horrible step kids song.

Focused on having guest artists instead of the flurry of samples approach of SILY. I get why they would want to though after all of the legal issues of sample clearance they had to go through.

>Mmm yes I must say Frankie Sinatra is indubitably one of the most sublime works of plunderphonic sound I have ever heard. What's that Madame? Electro swing? Heavens, no! That is the dirge of the lowly troglodyte. It is far from the purview of the masterful composers collectively known as the Avalanches.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

This, the second half is fucking horrid. All the first tracks are all pretty nice to listen to.

idk, it's my AOTY for last year.

Will agree that the second half isn't as strong, though the more I listen to it the more I start to see the appeal in them.

Stepkids I didn't used to like but now love, and Saturday Night Inside Out is the best track they've ever released.

It's definitely a lot better than SILY which is saying a lot.

I have yet to figure out why people like The Avalanches at all

I chuckle every time i read this

Kaleidoscopic Lovers is the best track on the album though

TOO CLEAN
MUST BE RAWER

Bringing back features was a mistake, the only song that really gets elevated by it's feature is Noisy Eater. Because I'm Me is beautiful but is honestly muddled by the rapping and Danny Brown and MF DOOM aren't doing their best work on Frankie Sinatra
It doesn't flow anywhere nearly as smoothly as SILY, every song in the first half is very clearly distinct, and the second half flows more but is let down by the fact that they just aren't memorable or engaging, everything after Harmony and up to Kaleidoscopic Lovers sounds like a transition to a song that never actually starts

you
(you)
you hate em cuz you ain't em

The best song on the album is The Leaves Were Falling, that's what

"musical" guests

I want Tyrone or Rog to do a reading of this.

Hey my brother has that same nerf gun

It was too centered around gorillaz-core
Honestly if gorillaz did this with albarn singing at some parts it would have been better than an avalanche release.

Everyone expected since I left you part two but got some medicre hip-hop backing tracks.

Subway is kinda cool

It reminded me more of Gorillaz than Avalanches for sure, but I love the Gorillaz so I didn't mind.

Autoimmune disease

It's basically a hollow version of the original album.