ITT: Overrated actors

ITT: Overrated actors

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cwJTnUkyvVg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Overrated skill and criminally overrated appearance.

Is this bait? Or have you not seen Shutter Island?

His acting is usually very similar in every film he is in but I can't get enough of it. I think he's great.

What's so good about his performance in Shutter Island? It was pretty average.

Why are you all wet, baby?

>Underrated

I can't believe he is starring in Kong: Skull Island.

Get Idris Elba or someone else!

found the nigger

>his shtick is yelling a lot and over-acting
>won an Oscar because his fans are cry baby retards

>underrated

found the 9fagger

I think he's a great actor, in all honesty. Don't know how many of you have seen Blood Diamond, but that movie was only solid because of him.

Completely agree.

Also want to add Matt Damon and that druggie who plays Iron Man.

No, that movie was solid because of a great script, and the infinitely superior african actor. His South African accent was terrible.

> Underrated actor

If he's bad, then you have to say at least 90% hollywood actors are awful

Forgot to add I completely agree with this, and it's true.

>at least 90% hollywood actors are awful

Are you only realizing this now?

Never seen legend of Bagger Vance or a scanner darkly?

youtube.com/watch?v=cwJTnUkyvVg

shit b8

>Idris
fuck off, turkroach

she's overrated and ugly af

Both great movies that aren't great because of his performance.

Yeah that black guy was pretty good too. Don't know who he was though

Not everyone likes the same things. I understand you have hit puberty and want to be contrarian and rebellious, but he is a pretty good actor.

This guy...god I mean literally the worst fucking actor alive. If only the greats like Jason Biggs got the roles this guy gets.

Bullshit. Watch the dinner scene in Django and tell me that motherfucker is overrated. It was a fantastic performance

Djimon Hounsou

Vastly superior actor to Leo in my opinion.

He was top notch in The Revenant. Deserved the Oscar for sure

Beat me to it.

Won an oscar for his worst film, true.
>Overrated oscar

He deserverd oscar so many times in past,
not to mention Titanic (where also the plumber who was fixing director's WC won one)
>Underrated actor

Oh, not fan boy here. Just using my 2 cents.

LOOK HOW MUCH I'M YELLING

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AM I A GOOD ACTOR YET

PLEASE GIVE ME AN OSCAR ALREADY

>black nigger
>superior
Libtard education. You are american right?

He's not in Kong? Tom Hiddleston is

LMAO no

see

Yeah I really don't understand why people love him so much. He's very average. He's only recently discovered that yelling gets him a lot of attention, so that's his thing. As well as doing stupid shit like eating raw fish in a film.

Robert Downey Jr isn't bad, he just never branches out.

There was literally a 1-2 minute portion of that scene with him yelling. And whether hes yelling or not, it doesn't matter. Its about whether he makes the character feel genuine or not. And as a sadistic Plantation owner, do you not feel he would have yelled had he found out the two "mandingo experts" were screwing him. He was flawless in that movie and anyone who says different is jelly of leos acting skills.

Tom's acting overrated, but just like johnny depp, he just looks really good.

Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport Old sport

This mother fucker...

I replied to my own post like a retard but it was meant for you

This guy gets it..
USC Film student here- Daniel Day-Lewis..definitely the finest on screen actor alive today.

Fear and Loathing nigger.
He played HST like a fucking boss.

The man, the myth, the legend.

>He's not in Kong? Tom Hiddleston is
Yes he is in Kong you fucking idiot. Watch the trailer moron

I know this guy only from Joe Rogan podcast and he is always getting silenced and bullied around like a betamale

He's just yelling. The only thing people carry on about in that scene is when he hurt his hand and kept going like any real actor would. Doesn't make him a great actor.

Daniel Day? Pft what a terrible actor....

This thread is shit lol. Theres some overrated actors here but people saying johnny depp... Leo dicaprio.... I mean, at a certain point your just criticizing their popularity, not their acting. Theyre both amazing actors.

exactly him, OP

Yeah no shit, that's the definition of overrated.

Leo is a very one-dimensional actor.

trump is literally jesus reincarnation

>superior african
bullshit, niggers aren't even human=no competition
that nigger was just a retarded bushmonkey
and his accent was suppossed to be rhodesian you fucking kike

nah, his name is toby

>overrated look
absolutely agree

>overrated skill
as much as I hate to admit it but she really is talented
ever since seeing American Hustle Im convinced she is
the way she took over that movie in a supporting role was very strong

pretty sure she is going to be around for years to come and rightfully so I think

Pretty sure he's the exact opposite of overrated.. He takes huge payouts just to contribute to the quality of the films he's involved in. Also is a tried and true method actor, and not the pretentious attention seeking type like how Leo was with The Revenant. Daniel Day-Lewis is God Tier

I get chills anytime I see a preview and this guy is attached.

Agreed.

Bait

It was a bad script, you can't turn an abortion into a baby.

Over rated?

This

I would agree that his acting is generally pretty bland, but watch What's Eating Gilbert Grape, where he plays a mentally handicapped kid. In that film you can see that he does have some talent.

Well idk who youre talking to but thats not what amazes me about that scene. In fact, i didnt know that previous to this thread. Thats pretty cool, but its not what defines his acting in the movie. Youre forgetting the other hour of the movie that he's in, in which hes not yelling. Had his "schtick" been yelling and masquerading as a good actor, would he have taken the opportunity to scream at the nigger who runs away and hides in a tree. Would he have screamed IMMEDIATELY when he found out django and the Dr were screwing him? Well, if he was a shitty actor, then yes. But he draws out the conversation and really milks the tension of the whole scene. And THAT is what makes his acting great. The yelling is just a plus. But please don't try to say thats what hes known for because thats fuckin ignorant.

Triggered.. I thought summer was over. Oh wait it's Sunday, shit.

I would have prefered him getting the Oscar for Wolf of Wall Street but alas this one makes up for it

Revenant isnt his strongest performance and its not his best movie either

I get it, im just saying rather than posting a picture and a snarky green text, id like to hear an actual critique of their ACTING. Just just hurr durrr theyre more popular than me so im mad

HiTB on point again.

You must be 26-32. I too will always hold a special place in my heart for Jason Biggs.

Leo is not in Kong skull island kid.

Overrated yes, but a hard worker.

Why would I be mad? I just think he's overrated. It shows considering the only reason he won an Oscar is because people were whinging. He didn't win it for a great performance. He's a very one-note actor. In Django all he did was put on another shitty accent and yell loud. And for some reason people think that makes him a great actor.

Like stated in this video because people reacted well to the news he injured himself but kept going, he resorted to doing Jackass tier shit to win in Revenant.

Again not saying he's a bad actor by any means, just not as stellar as people seem to believe.

The hat maker
Sweeney Todd
Edward Scissorhands
Black Mass

Everything else he sucked in.

Acting isn't hard work, come on.

One of the most underrated actors alive.

Only thing he was actually really good in was Ed Wood.

His commitment to the role was very good. I appreciate any true method acting. I'm not saying that it means he deserved the Oscar for it, but I appreciate it. Makes me feel a little less ripped off when I pay 15 bucks for a ticket instead of torrenting. Wolf of Wall Street was a great movie but I think Jonah Hill deserved more Oscar attention than Leo did for his part in the film.

shit taste nigger

Fear and Loathing? Jesus if you denounce that performance your naïveté is astounding.

What the fuck

oh fuck off

Tom Hardy was 100% better than Leo in that movie.

Just brought up what I had in my mind current

OH LOOK AT ME PRETENDING THEN RESTING IN MY TRAILER

OH WOW SUCH HARD WORK FOR MILLIONS OF DOLLARS

>typical Sup Forums-tier counterargument

Underrated isn't the right word. Everyone knows he's the finest film actor alive, he's just very cautious with the roles he accepts, and keeps a very low media profile. It makes him even more desirable, and only compliments his acting because it's much easier to believe whatever role he's portraying because no one knows what he's like irl.

based jay and mike telling it like it is

Yeah he was good too. The cinematography and really long takes is what I especially loved in that movie.

did you see the mockumentary with ron howard about trump?
he was excellent

Comes from someone that has never acted his whole life, or even been a part of a movie production.

should really be as relevant as those other harry potter kids nowadays

only reason she gets by is because nerds still cant get rid off the boner for her

oh look at me pretending

ooh this is such hard work

fuck those miners and firefighters

playing pretend for a living really is grueling

yepp, very bad bait

How. How in the FUCK is acting "hard work"?

How. Fucking explain this to me.

How the fuck is playing pretend for a few hours a day, and getting paid millions HARD WORK?

yeah I appreciate method acting as well but someone made a good point that it seems to become a prerequisite for "earning" an Oscar which is ridiculous when its the actual performance that should count

I've acted in theater. It's not hard work at all. Hardest part is memorizing lines, and that's not what I'd consider hard work at all.

No seriously How the fuck is playing pretend hard work?

Explain.

Currently a writer for a late night show on Cartoon Network in Los Angeles, but also trying to act. The beginning of an acting career is grueling and award worthy movies for top tier actors are grueling. The rest of an acting career is pretty laid back, if you get your foot in the door and become a union member. You just have to be okay with lots of rejection and criticism's and also dealing with a lot of plebeian motherfuckers. That's the hard part for me, is dealing with the idiots in the industry. All I want in life is to have a few lines in a Wes Anderson movie, and then I can be done acting and write in peace.

>another douche in LA who thinks "he's gonna make it"
>thinks hard work is just putting up with other douches like himself

lmao

Actor in LA here- Because it takes a long time and long hours and grueling work with tons of bullshit to get to the point of that success you describe. And likely will never even get near that point. At least for REAL actors. Not these bullshit you tubers getting signed to William Morris Endeavor after someone snaps a picture of them working at target and say they're cute.