Don't mind me just being better than anything Beatles Beach Boys and Bowie have ever done

Don't mind me just being better than anything Beatles Beach Boys and Bowie have ever done

>better than Pin Ups
Yeah, right. Shouldn't you be in school at this hour?

lmao no
Between the Horizon and Me is absolute dogshit

I like that album but this thread is retarded. How is it related to any of that?

Honestly STG is better than that album

Metal is for kids.

The only thing keeping it from being a 10/10 is that redneck part at the end of ants of the sky

funny way to spell shoegaze

>doing a bluegrass variation on the main riff which then leads into the final version of that main metal riff that has that additional harmony added to it
>not cool as shit

>hiding shit instrumentation behind the guise of musical sophistication
nu-Sup Forums everybody

>Ants In The Sky
>shit instrumentation
>not better than Beatles, Beach Boys, Bowie, Kanye, Radiohead
Sorry they actually do something interesting with build ups instead of repeating the same note over and over again unlike boring ass Sup Forumscore band Godspeed You! Black Emperor.

it really isn't

please refrain from posting spork-metal in the future

See

I guess if you're 14 I could understand liking BTBAM. What I don't think I could ever understand is why the Beatles and Beach Boys were your first point of comparison.

you have shit taste but why?

Check the catalog you newfags shit why are people so fucking stupid around here?

Lmao no.

go to bed scaruffi

Why didn't you post The Great Misdirect though? It's a better album.

its not even the best BTBAM record, let alone better than the beach boys, neck yourself

scaruffi disagrees

why would I do that?

So you don't waste your time posting stuff due to your obliviousness?

it took mere seconds of my time, I don't see how searching through the catalog in advance would help in that regard

>being this delusional
>can't appreciate the brilliant art masterpiece that is Colors

You could've picked the Berlin Trilogy, Ziggy, Station to Station, etc but you chose his worst album

lol gotta admit gybe are pretty lame, literally overrated pitchfork trash

I dont think its easy to compare btbam to the beatles or beach boys. Like obviously theyre more complex structured compositions and theyre incredible musicians but the beatles and beach boys pretty much achieved the sound they wanted in pet sounds and revolver and i cant imagine they wouldve wanted to sound like colors, if anything they were being subtle and subversive by making pop. Also btbam have been outdone by plenty of techy, progey bands like psyopus, tdep, amia venera landscapes, irepress, even blotted science and cephalic carnage maybe. Posting shit like this makes people call btbam sporkcore and pretentious and i like them too

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

Then he's wrong.

One of the most overrated albums in all metal
Stitching parts together =/= songwriting
This shit veers off suddenly into different directions that feel like they have nothing in common with what's happened before in the song. It feels like I'm listening to a band really TRY to be prog.
Plus the dogshit metalcore wannabe death metal vocals are just terrible

>unnecessarily loud fart noise

Why would I bring up that overrated tripe? Everyone knows Bowie was at his best on Pin Ups.

It depends on the artists intent whether its the same song or not and turbowank is enjoyable but more complex=/=better. Thats why even if you like "art" music its painful to talk about it with lots of its listeners. Brian wilson applied a good grasp of music theory and production techniques in subtle catchy manner to make an album that anybody's grandma could appreciate. Thats just as great of a feat as anything mozart or bach wrote imo