Help Sup Forums! How does Sup Forums eat on a tight budget? I have only 1 can of spaghetti sauce...

Help Sup Forums! How does Sup Forums eat on a tight budget? I have only 1 can of spaghetti sauce, 1/4 lb of frozen ground beef , and only $40 to spend on groceries that needs to last me a month. I have no clue what to buy, any suggestions on how I make it through the month? Also my town doesn't have a good bank so that's not an option

Other urls found in this thread:

soylent.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=utm_campaign=searchusa&gclid=Cj0KEQjwjK--BRCzv-Wyu4OTosEBEiQAgFp5OG0673NcGz1lY6xypQZDYyQOfwa2yeYSjOVexciWYHEaAsIB8P8HAQ
youtube.com/watch?v=h5BAKz1tzkM
lagazzettadelmezzogiorno.it/sondaggi/sondaggi/798869/ilnuovoponte.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Op here, I meant to say food bank not good bank.

Damn until next month? White bread, spaghetti and ice cubes. Or do a "The Martian"

soylent. Its unhealthy as fuck but healthy as fuck in its own way. And each meal is super cheap.
soylent.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=utm_campaign=searchusa&gclid=Cj0KEQjwjK--BRCzv-Wyu4OTosEBEiQAgFp5OG0673NcGz1lY6xypQZDYyQOfwa2yeYSjOVexciWYHEaAsIB8P8HAQ

What is the Martian?

Rice is cheap, pasta, ramen

Lentils. In bulk. From a bulk shop. In new Zealand we have a place called " bin inn" where you there is a bunch of plastic containers with spouts at the bottom for filling bags with, and plastic drums filled with stuff. They sell things like bulk flour, detergent powder, grain, and you guessed it, lentils. Lentils are high in protein, And can be a good source of vitamins. They also contain plenty carbohydrates. Lentils are the closest you'll get to a full meal in a staple food on a budget. Boil them, then fry them in a pan, and add like a spoon of pasta sauce. Get some tins of pasta sauce too, if you want more flavour. 30 bucks on lentils, 5 bucks on tins of stuff that will make lentils taste better, 5 bucks on whatever.

ramen is like 25 cents a packet, 3 packets a day is 75 cents, 90 packets a month would be 22 dollars leaving you with 18 on other shit

Oh a month? Yeah no spend all forty bucks on lentils and only half 1/2 of a cup a day, I reckon. It won't keep you from the feeling of hunger, but it will keep you from starving

canned food
cheap hotdogs
beans,chili etc
ramen
dumplings with meat filling(Russian Pelmeni), can be found in Euro type stores sold loose is usually cheaper and good
buy discount vegetables, breads and etc from the bargain area at food store.

I got you bro I got a few

Go to sleep for dinner.

Buy fkn much pizza the cheapest

Ramen is pretty cheap
You can also add all kinds of flavours so you wouldn't get tired of it
With what you havecurrently I'd say you have spaghetti for two days and ground beef for three daysif you invest some money to white bread

Op, do you have paypal?

this shit makes me want to throw my pc out the fucking window jesus christ.

Eggs
Bread
Simple meat

For me in £'s
6 eggs 99p - that's 3 meals
Baked beans - 4 tins for £1.15 that's 4 meals or 8 portions to go with something else
Tins of ravioli - £1 for 3 on offer: 3 meals
Loaf of bread £1.20 and Ham 2x£1 - that's 8 meals for £2.20
Spaghetti - 1 pack £1 enough for like 5/6 meals
Mincemeat - 250g for £2 enough for 3 meals
Burger buns - 6 for 50p make burgers from mince, can add onions they cost like 15p each
Tomato sauce - 40p for puree, garlic is pennies, onions 15p, spring onions about the same. Add mince and spaghetti.

Just be smart with how you spend.
Cereal is a good option aswell, a box of cornflakes costs me £2 and gives me like 10 bowls, milk is £3 for 2x2ltr. 10 breakfasts for £4 or 40p each.

Look up recipes by "A girl called Jack"
He cooks to a minimal budget (£1/day, which is basically what you'e got) and makes it both nutritious and interesting.

noodles and sriracha

Ricecooker:
Rice
red lentis
eggs
frozen veggie

milk
oats

Source:
90% of the time this is my meal at the moment.

30$ on ramen
10$ on things that make ramen taste better
Eggs, Kielbasa, Hot sauce, peppers, onions.

uncooked lentils and beans. they are nutricious and last forever. other than that potatoes, carrots, onions, garlic, oil and apples and you are set.

Can't lie that looked good so I tried it. Fucking pretty good actually

Do a calories per cent analysis on your food.
For example, a dozen eggs has about 960 calories. Divide the calories by the cost in cents, in this case 200 cents for a dozen eggs, to get the calories per cents. You end up with calories per cent with eggs.

A 12 pack of ramen noodles contains 4560 calories at a cost of 239 cents. This gives you ~ 19 calories per cent.

buy eggs, they have mostly everything your body needs, buy potatoes and butter aswell

Rolled oats and water can get you through some dark times

Learn to cook. It's tough, but doable. The month of carbohydrates this will be. Cooked Potatoes with Salt and (some) Butter. Rice with Lentils, fried with one egg. Pasta with Tomatosauce. Learn to make soups, semolina doumplings, Tomatosoup with rice, Stew. Do it.

+ some cheap fresh fruits

don't stick with ramen and shit, you need to be healthy.
My list has everything you need and is super cheap:

1kg rice 0.8€
1kg red lentis 3€
1kg frozen veggies 1.5€
15pack eggs 3.5€ (could get them cheaper but quality first)
milk 1 litre 1,09 (same with quality)
oats 1kg 1.5€
oatmix + fruits 1kg 3€

I forgot (/fit/izen here)
1kg whey protein powder 1kg 11€ (get some taste in those oats)

Semen

motherfuckin eggs

they're cheap, tasty and add some protein to your diet

Quaker old fashioned oats are $4.08 per container with 4500 calories per container. Your calorie per cent comes out to 11 calories per cent.

Been there. That and ramen noodles from the dollar store got me thru dark times

eat raw onion

H

J
JH
H
J
H
J :-)-)-))--

Dude, get a bag of rice, a 5kg pack is enough to feed a single person for a month.

It fills you up and works great with any (side) dishes, it's pretty much a better sub to bread or potatoes.

Rice should make up 60-70% of your meal, and the rest are your meat, veggies and stuff.

I forgott also potatoes
0.4€ per kg if bought in bulk

You also need one important mindset:

Eat to live and not live so you can eat.
Eating is just an annoying task you have to do in order to live.
Get the stuff above and you won't starve and get everything you need to rock the day!

Dollar menu enough calories to support you

I remember a post from a bro that worked at a kill shelter. He would "save" cats and dogs that were up to be euthanized only to take them home and eat them. It was hard to argue with his logic

>Top Ramen
It's cheap, delicious, not really nutritional, and will fill you up only using 2 packets. Buy 2 cases, "48 pack". It'll last you a month and 2 days, and you'll only be spending about $10

Two cigarettes in an ashtray
My love and I, in a small cafe
Then a stranger came along
And everything went wrong
Now there's three cigarettes in the ashtray

I watched her take him from me
And his love is no longer my own
Now they are gone
And I sit alone
And watch one cigarette burn away

I watched her take him from me
And his love is no longer my own
Now they are gone
And I sit alone
And watch one cigarette burn away...

potatoes are pretty cheap and you can make a lot of nice thigns with them

Lentils, raw (dry weight)
Nutritional value per 100 g (3.5 oz)
Energy 1,477 kJ (353 kcal)
Carbohydrates 60 g
Sugars 2 g
Dietary fiber 3.1 g
Fat. 1 g
Protein. 26 g
Vitamins
Thiamine (B1) (76%) 0.87 mg
Riboflavin (B2) (18%) 0.211 mg
Niacin (B3) (17%) 2.605 mg
Pantothenic acid (B5) (42%) 2.120 mg
Vitamin B6 (42%) 0.54 mg
Folate (B9) (120%) 479 μg
Vitamin C (5%) 4.4 mg
Minerals
Calcium (6%) 56 mg
Iron (58%) 7.54 mg
Magnesium (34%) 122 mg
Phosphorus (64%) 451 mg
Potassium (20%) 955 mg
Sodium (0%) 6 mg
Zinc (50%) 4.78 mg
Other constituents
Water 10.4 g

$40 for a month, this gonna be tough.
Prices are in Canadian/Maple Syrup/Leaves, so just reduce them accordingly I'm not doing that for you.

1 can of sauce + beef, I'll assume you need pasta.

Bread x3 @ $2 ea
Lunch meat packs, just buy as much as you can. Around 12 good sammiches should run you $10 (+/- $2)
Pasta x900g (2lbs) @ $2.50
Pasta sauce x 3 @ $1 ea
Eggs (dozen) x 3 @ $2.50 ea
Dried black beans x1 (bag) $2.25
Dried Split red lentils x1 (bag) $2.25
Spend the rest on rice. You should be able to get a MASSIVE fucking bag.
This should all cost around $40.

Beans - soak overnight, rinse, boil for a few hours until soft. Smash them up and add to pasta.
[1 x sauce + 1/4 bag of pasta + smashed beans (and the meat you have)] x 4 = 8 meals
bread + deli meats = 12 meals
2 x Eggs + bread = 18 meals
Lentils + rice = basically a shit load of meals to make up the rest

This will probably not actually get you through the month tbh fam senpai desu, but it's more of a guideline

winrar

buy a tub of protein powder, some boxes of ramen noodles and vitamin supplements.

I suck a dick here or there for some extra money. Makes my budget not so tight.

has anyone mentioned yet how ridiculously easy it is to steal from walmart? especially food.

Rice, hotdogs, eggs, oats.

2500*30=75,000 calories.
$40= 4,000 cents.

Op needs to get 75,000/4000 = 18.75 calories per cent.

Cheap, cheap rice, fry in lard before boiling. Save some money for next month so you can buy a cheap, generic multivitamin. Cheap pasta also works.

This is from the UK's ASDA (which is walmart), so the numbers aren't going to be exactly applicable, but you can get 1kg of spaghetti for £0.40 ($0.60), which has 3500 calories in it. For the same price, you can get 0.25kg of lard, which contains 2500 calories. If the budget permits it, the $0.10-per-pack stock cubes will make your rice/pasta taste less like you're eating soylent green (but have no calorific or nutritional value).

fuck bread, pasta and meat @40$ per month

only viable option if it is -50% due to last day they can sell it.

captcha: choose all the food

Big bulk bag of rice, say 20kg. And a big bulk bag of Pinto beans, also 20kg. Contains all proteins and carb to keep you running for months without losing weight or feeling tired. Literal pennies per serving. Buy some chili sauce or something for extra flavour.

Also, hang out with friends and eat there for some variation. Ask the local baker for leftovers at closing time. Be prepared to mop a floor or something. Toss the bread in the freezer. They arnt allowed to sell bread thats too old. Good luck user.

Yeah, this.

Just eat "poor people food", and you'll have no trouble hitting your caloric requirements on $1 a day.

Buy dried basics (pasta/rice/pulses)
Freeze fresh ingredients (eg. chop and freeze onions)
Get simple tinned basics (tomatoes / beans)

If you get simple ingredients and learn to cook; you'll have no problem.
Fresh veg is pretty cheap in reality, and most can be frozen in a convenient form.
Tinned stuff is also cheap, while a slightly more prepared version of the same in a jar is expensive.

Rice, maybe some chicken bouillon if you can't deal with plain

When I was homeless we used to eat free stale bread from outside a bakery and top it off with shaving cream.

Purchase a 30 dollar printer and some paper. Print fake money. Order pizza everyday and scam the delivery guy.

Beans, potatoes, corn, flour learn to cook. 40 bucks could last you awhile if you can prepare shit from scratch.

>Freeze fresh ingredients (eg. chop and freeze onions)
Waste of time and money.

Chopped onions from the poor-people-freezer-store are cheaper, and you don't need to chop them.

what the fuck kind of word ends with NOINS that they would be albe to put on a snickers bar like that

Here, OP, this song might help you.

youtube.com/watch?v=h5BAKz1tzkM

Kek, it says SNICKERS. You're reading it upside down

24 pack of water and chef boyardee. Been there, done that. You will lose weight shit like crazy and feel sharp pains but you won't die

20lb bad of rice
12$
garlic powder for seasoning
dried beans

be a click monkey make 10$ a day in bitcoin
satoshieight is a bitcoin faucet sight

What's the cheapest way to get a lot of chicken? I'm willing to pay a bit more to have chicken as my protein but I still want the best deal on that

Ramen, beans, vegetables and the occasional pigeon < $30/month

What is Martian?

Op here, thanks for all the suggestions. And I don't have a paypal, been to lazy to set one up. I will probably be going to the store tmw to grab rice and lentils and beans and all that, hopefully I'll have enough but I should be able to make it. Worst case scenario I can live off of ice cube soup for a few days or sleep for dinner :p or I could always steal although I'm not very good at it.

are you real? a twelve pack of ramen costs $3.50 quit being a picky nigger and get ramen with money left over

Buy in bulk

How do I become a "click monkey" and what is it? Share some info please

Big sack of potatoes, some canned beans, cheese, frozen vegetables. Ask at butchers for bones for you "dog", boil them and make beef/pork stock, make soup.

Eat baked potatoes with cheese and beans, wedges, chips,mashed potatoes, fried potatoes, mix potatoes with flour and make potato bread

shop the edge of the grocery store. You're going to find fresh foods and less packaged shit.

Processing generally increases the price.

Convenience generally increases the price.

Spices and Seasonings are going to be expensive, but they make a world of difference.

Get bulk pasta, not Hamburger helper.

Skip meats and dairy, get protein from vegetable or grain sources (lentils, chickpeas, black beans, quinoa, green peas, ...)

You're going to trade your time for money; the less some food costs, the more prep and cook time it will take.

Do you have a crock pot? That can be a real time saver.

good luck.

buy ramen and broth you fucking shit eating faggot poor sack of shit

At dollar store you can get 6 packs of ramen for a dollar. 2 days of food for a dollar. Hell for 40 bucks you can get 240 packs of ramen and have two for every meal.

You wont ger much sleep if the hunger sets in, just saying

only at first, once you start losing all energies you'll fall into a sort of lethargic slumber

He's not wrong, plus really any random fruit, meat and veggies can be thrown in and make variety

This.

Also include other legumes like peas,various beans,chickpeas,whole soy beans etc. All of them are very cheap and filled with proteins and slowly digested carbs that will keep you full for a long zimě.

buy $20 of dry beans, $10 of rice, and spend the rest on scratch lottery tickets

Brown rice

u been smokin bruh?

Just buy a fuck ton of pasta. If you've got the time or a processor you can buy tomatos and make like 3 days of sauce for next to nothing.

yes [email protected]

If you have the time try dumpster diving, sometimes I would find canned foods or bags of chips, some not even near expiration. Just ensure it's legal and the dumpster isn't locked up.

The movie "The Martian" dude ate potatoes to survive

GET THE FUCK IN HERE /BROS
lagazzettadelmezzogiorno.it/sondaggi/sondaggi/798869/ilnuovoponte.html

I recommend a lot of dishes with potatoes they are cheep and you dont need to eat a lot of them to feel full also you can buy uhh grinded ? (Sry for the bad english im a 16yr serbshit) meat mix it with an egg and old bread if you have,also dip the bread in watter,add onions to the mixture and some seasoning then make small pattys out of the mixture and put em in a pan for a few min.its actualy rly tasty,ive got lots of stuff like this if ya want add me on skype for more aleksa.stojkovic24 gl with surviving this month

Nice try but op already said he doesnt have one

hey it was worth a shot.
got 53.90 in there and owe $750 for rent.
sry for the deception.

by food in bulk and forget about good meat.

buy a sack of potatoes per week (i doubt you can even finish that and they're super cheap), rice, beans, lentils, other grains.

if you're gonna buy meat make it those mixed chicken packets that contain pretty much everything but chicken breast.

stay away from the more expensiveish stuff that is usually prepackaged.

you won't be swimming in flavor town, but you won't starve.

make sure you don't spend ANY of the 40 dlls on anything else.

Of course the Serbian reccomend kotlet.

If you live near any churches, they can be easy to sneak into and may have kitchens with stocked refrigerators.

oh god bread and butter pickles

>canned tuna
>frozen chicken breasts
>potatoes
>rice
>eggs
>instant noodles
>frozen broccoli or whatever greens

Good shit right there.

>Fictional movie of a guy that can grow vegetables on a planet that contains low oxygen, too much co2 for a plant to live, the ground is too dry and would pull too much moisture as well as it being too cold. Don't even get started on the micronutrients that it wouldn't have