youtube.com/watch?v=AZUH8IR8L2Q
youtube.com/watch?v=lUDACiKmFzs
youtube.com/watch?v=rzcZjkajQ8o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

this

youtube.com/watch?v=2XTI3hIGCTk

I'm actually looking forward to the Cruelty and the Beast remaster desu

more melodic black metal please

How is it that Xasthur has the worst side on every split he's done, while all his albums are usually great?

Are you bizzaro me?
I literally dislike all his albums but love his splits. Like that one in particular

Holy fuck this is good.

stereogum.com/1919046/pillorian-a-stygian-pyre/premiere/

which album is it /meal/?

Vulgar Display of Power

so the metal equivalent of an album that is hailed as the greatest punk album but is barely even a punk album? Still Life I guess.

woah weird.

He reuses a lot of the marital on splits onto his albums, like on the Nortt split Blood From the Root of the Forest is also on Funeral of Being. But general I find that while Xasthur is pretty consistent on the splits, Nortt, Leviathan, and Striborg all had some of their best songs on their halfs. I just find it weird that everyone decided to one up poor Scott.

anyone here like Amon?

Yea, theyre cheesy as fuck but in an appealing way and have great fucking riffs and hooks

rec me some doom

Korn s/t

Not sure if this counts for this thread, but what do you guys think of the album "Crack the Skye" by Mastodon? Been listening to it a lot lately and I think it's my favourite album from them.

I like Leviathan more but its a good album.

Basically agree with what said, though stuff like Mastodon tends to get a lot of bad rep around these parts due to being p4k-approved "hipster" metal.

you got a favorite song/album of theirs? \

youtube.com/watch?v=QsB93MrYzys

something something thinking man's metal something

With Oden On Our Side is my favorite just behind Versus the World. Asator, Cry of the Blackbirds, Gods of War Arise are some of the best shit they ever made.

fates warning is the thinking man's metal

How do they sound after their 2nd album?

still good

Post your favorite genre and artist at each age range let's say 7 - 12 - 15 - 18 - and up. I really wanna see how many went through the stereotypical nu-metal metalcore phases in their young teens.

>7 - country and top 40 - Brad Paisley
>12 - Nu-metal - Disturbed by a long shot
>15 - Melodic Death / Metalcore - Amon Amarth
>18 - Melodic Death/Black - Be'lakor and Darkthrone
>23 - Blackened Death and Black - Deathspell Omega

Another thread, another recommendation. Last thread was Wyrd, which was really good. How bout some good thrash?

i agree very much,

destroyer of the universe is another favorite, along with death in fire and victory or death

>10 Queen 2001
>13 Supertramp 2004
>16 Rush 2007
>18 Whitesnake 2009
>20 X Japan 2011

New Emptiness just leaked.

My nu-metal phase literally lasted two months, and it was only one band bcs for some reason I hated all the other nu-metal I had heard at that time.

How did you go from Rush to Whitesnake in 2 years?

are there any sites or blogs that post obscure pre-2000s metal releases?

7 Alan Parsons Project
11 Queen
14 Linkin Park/Marilyn Manson
16 Iron Maiden
18 Emperor
21 Primordial
24 Gorguts

>7 - nothing
>12 - nothing
>15 - video game soundtracks - probably Chrono Trigger OST or some shit
>18 - death metal - Timeghoul
>19 - black metal - I have no idea

>10 - Three Days Grace
>14 - Slipknot
>18 - Rage Against the Machine
>21 - Foo Fighters
>24 - Metallica

>inb4 normalfag as shit taste
I know.

Candlemass, Saint Vitus.

Heavy metal rarities has helped me a bunch

name that band

You got 5 hours to kill?

musicalexcrements.bandcamp.com/album/antithesis

>9
Eminem, Korn and Slipknot
>13
Frankenstein Drag Queens, Murderdolls, Korn and Slipknot still
>15
Burzum, Dir en Grey, Rammstein, Cradle of Filth
>19
Pretty much the same thing
>21
Boris, Peste Noire, Darkthrone, Three 6 Mafia
>25
A combination of everything pretty much

I wish I had a scene phase. Maybe I would have gotten laid in high school.

Nyogthaeblisz

nope

Vektor

i grew up with them playing around the house long with a lot of prog rock growing up

but did have that nu-metal phase but i remember listening to suptramp and foreigner more at 13-15 years old.
then at 17 i pretty much got into nwobhm and then into 80s glam metal the two blur into each other really.

youtube.com/watch?v=AZUH8IR8L2Q

>7
Whatever my parents listened to, mostly country. I don't recall even enjoying music at this juncture in my life, although I apparently danced along to my grandpa's jazz music back when I was wearing diapers.

>12
Mainstream rock, Linkin Park/Breaking Benjamin

>15
Mainstream metal, Metallica/Slipknot

>18
Metalcore and thrash metal, As I Lay Dying/Iced Earth

>23
Prog rock/metal, Subrosa/Ne Obliviscaris

7 - Salsa, cumbia, any mexican folk music
12 - Linkin Park, Korn, metal from Spain
15 - Slayer, Children Of Bodom, Slipknot
18 - Pantera, Death, Kreator
19 - Sabbath, Priest, Maiden
20 - UFO, Scorpions, Budgie.
Besides 7, I still listen to everything from those ages. I just found Ne Obliviscaris and they're really cool.

nu-metal was pretty much just part of the milieu when I was first getting "serious" about listening to music. I only ever liked SoaD and Godsmack though

>7 - Lots of MTV stuff - Metallica and Britney Spears is the oldest thing I can remember from my childhood.
>12 - Nu-metal phase - Slipknot.
>15 - Thrash/discovering grind and death phase - Tie between old Sepultura and Sarcófago.
>18 - Death metal/pop - Tie between Lorde/Lana Del Rey and Morbid Angel/Repugnant.
>19 - Blackened death metal/Death metal/Pop - Death Grips, Behemoth and Strapping Young Lad.

I am wearing my Vektor shirt to class tomorrow try and stop me faggots.

Good, I'll know who to target

i hope people ask you what the names of the members are...

what was the name of that black metal band that had Darth Vader on one of their album covers?

What are some bands with flawless discographies? As in no bad releases.

Ok gay boys, what are some djent essentials?
I've listened to TesseracT and Meshuggah

David Disanto, Asian Mqueen, Crackwhore Dave Mustaine, and a drum machine

Primordial.

X Japan
accept

Congrats?

motorhead

>Bolt Thrower
>Angelcorpse
>Nails (just 3 releases but what a fucking streak)
>Dead Congregation
>Revenge

NAILS
Watain
Archgoat
Voivod
Mortualia

I like atmoshit and riffshit.

Ask me anything.

Vondur?

I'm hype

7 - Who knows
12 - Whatever I heard - some ozzy, some numetal, some maiden
13-Metallica religiously - I really like And Justice For All
14 to 16 - Black metal ONLY - Whole Norwegian scene
17 - 80s heavy metal, doom, death, thrash - 220 Volt, Candlemass, Autopsy, Slaughter
18+ - Digging into everything that I missed in the last 50 years

yessuh

Do you listen to no chin music

-JBL

Post albums with tracks that have odd time signatures. (Or other cool muscial oddities)

I'm not good enough in music theory to know the exact time signature, but the main riff of the first track is definitely not 4/4 or 3/4.

Also, the last track's main riff has an extra beat which makes it probably the best riff I've ever heard, in grindcore and all of metal too.

I don't feel like typing everything out but my "Nu-metal" phase lasted maybe a couple of months at most before I found out that stuff like Morbid Saint is WAY more enjoyable than shit like later-In Flames

>me when Fear of Napalm starts

Enslaved

>Nails

I like you guys

>butt rock
Linkin Park, Evanescence

>Pop punk, butt metal
My Chemical Romance, Three Days Grace, Paramore

>Industrial rock, Alt Metal, Alt Rock, Thrash
Marlin Manson, System of a Down, Mindless Self Indulgence, Flyleaf

18 (now)
>Death/Black/Thrash Metal, Noise Rock, Grindcore, Hardcore, Industrial, Real Screamo, etc
Peste Noire, Melt Banana, Gorguts, Terrorizer, Black Eyes, etc

WHO'S READY TO FUCKIN SLAM??!?!

youtube.com/watch?v=lUDACiKmFzs

youtube.com/watch?v=rzcZjkajQ8o

As far as I remember, the whole album is pretty much 4/4 throughout, but the thing is that sometimes they're counting in 8th notes and they'll throw a riff variation that is in 6th notes within the 4/4 beat and it gives a different feel.

>Angelcorpse - The Inexorable (some riffs on 5/4 and stuff)
>Nails - You Will Never Be One Of Us (a breakdown in 3/4)
>Strapping Young Lad - Alien (First track is 3/4 most of the time, no idea on the time signature in Shine, Thalamus has some 6/4, etc.)
>Suffocation - Effigy of the Forgotten (no idea on the time signature in the breakdown in Seeds of the Suffering)
>Morbid Angel - Covenant (Have fun counting in God of Emptiness)

>saved from nu-metal by Morbid Saint
internet memes gone right

kek

>1:37

When the kernel chain reaction finally begins after 2 mins in the microwave.

TWO

MINUTES

TO MIIIIDNIGHT

>7 - Fallout Boy, Less Than Jake, Avenged Sevenfold
>13 - Dr Dre, Snoop Dogg, Tupac, Smash Mouth
>14 - Iron Maiden, Deep Purple, Dio
>15 - Black Sabbath, Rush, UFO, Judas Priest
>16 - Rainbow, Megadeth, Venom, Bathory, Mercyful Fate, King Diamond, Nocturnus, Sabbat, Saxon, Omen, Necrophobic, Dissection, Slayer, Liege Lord, Satan, Pentagram, Grim Reaper, Heavy Load, Riot, Hellhammer, Immortal, Witchfinder General, Scanner, Death, Bolt Thrower, At The Gates, Fates Warning, Vektor, Exodus, Sodom, Razor, Darkthrone, Cirith Ungol
>17 - Accept, Necrophagia, Exhorder, Holocaust, Savatage, Agent Steel, Mayhem, Manilla Road, Peste Noire, Celtic Frost, Holocaust, Gorgoroth, Graveland, 1349, Burzum, Emperor, Lord Belial, Marduk, Morbid, Sadistik Exekution, Kyuss, Budgie, Blue Cheer, Cactus, Fu Manchu, Dark Moor, Entombed, Dismember, Deicide, Merciless, Jungle Rot, Massacre, Down, Electric Wizard, Sleep, Church of Misery, Cruel Force, Ketzer, Speedwolf, Midnight, Coroner, Exorcist, Guillotine, Savage Grace, Havok, Vio-Lence, Raven, Overkill, Morbid Saint, Toxic Holocaust, Demolition Hammer, Blind Guardian, Crimson Glory, Arghoslent, Queensryche, Cannabis Corpse, Truckfighters, Trouble, Witch Cross, Fastkill, Game Over, Artillery, Slaughter
>18 - Motley Crue, W.A.S.P., Lazerhawk, Slugdge, Metallica, Crowbar, Yngwie Malmsteen, Avenger, Candlemass, Suffocation, Victims, Cannibal Corpse, Black Breath, Disfear, Nausea, Tragedy, Brocas Helm, Iron Savior, Running Wild, Psychotic Waltz, Crown of Thorns, Phantasm, Inquisition, Destructor, Garden of Shadows, Runemagick, U.D.O., S.D.I., Root, Windir, Deadnight, Insane, Buzzoven, Demon, Ambush

Abortion

Dir en Grey

took me a while to warm up them but i just realized how fucking awesome ghost are

anyone else?

Elizabeth single is the only good thing that was released by them

no theyre complete garbage

I like them so far. I totally get that their gimmick is a big part of what made them famous, but their songs are fun and the bandmembers themselves don't seem to take it very seriously. I also find it hilarious that Kerry King likes their image but not their sound.

>7 - nothing
>13 - Nu-metal, mostly System of a Down, Linkin Park, throw in some Green Day, Faith No More, and Rage Against the Machine in there
>15 - Blind Guardian, Dream Theater, Metallica + a bunch of Melodeath (Children of Bodom, Heartwork, Amorphis' Elegy, In Flames, At the Gates, etc.) Also got into later Therion and Fintroll.
>16 - started to really delve into metal, got into Death/Black metal (Death, Dissection, Morbid Angel, Mayhem, Emperor), really got into post-rock/atmo-sludge too (Pelican, Isis, Russian Circles, God is an Astronaut, Red Sparowes, Caspian, etc.)
Big 4 of Grunge were big for me too around this time.
>18 - Blackgaze was (and still is) unfortunately very impactful for me. Deafheaven and Alcest were the tightest shit ever. Still listen to a ton of metal. Got into a ton of prog rock like KC, Yes, Rush, etc.Started to dig up classics like Black Sabbath, Priest, Iron Maiden, etc. Kept growing on what I was delving into last year (just created a RYM account and really found more shit), listening to mostly the same stuff. I was huge into Agalloch for a while, also got into Kamelot for some reason as well as more and more Death/Black metal. Sigh, Summoning, and Suffocation were notable. I finally understood GY!BE around that point too. A bunch of ambient shit like Stars of the Lid and Brian Eno were big for me, as well as some lesser known ones. Arcade Fire was also pretty important for me.
>23 - Blackgaze, Death/Black/Thrash Metal, prog rock, post-rock, shitty Screamo (like Envy, Touche Amore, etc.) Grunge.

>responses to the "share your taste" post become increasingly lengthy and detailed
>still no one responds to any of them
Sad!

You made up those last two years underage faggot.

This changed my life.

Generic atmoshit black folk. Just because you live in the scandinavian backwoods doesn't mean your album is going to be groundbreaking.