What's the second best trap album behind pic related?

What's the second best trap album behind pic related?

No DS2 edition

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Music/comments/5n1tbq/immortal_technique_dance_with_the_devil_hiphoprap/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not strictly trap but this is by far the most entertaining mixtape of this pedigree of hip hop I've personally heard - dudes inflections, ad-libs and overall complete fucking lunacy are genuinely funny

it is objectively DS2 but

You should just ask what the 3rd best trap album is between the both of them

ez

SS3 was better than Barter 6 desu, it's trimmed down to only the best tracks.

"Constantly Hating" felt like straight filler

Will check it out

I mean I said no DS2 edition so it serves the same purpose.

Forgot about this one but seen it posted here a tonne, listening now.

PeeWee Longway - blue m&m king size 2

Flockaweli 1.5

This desu

Not too long, has a ton of variation and new vocal styles that Young Thug is trying out. Also, doesn't have faggot ass Birdman anywhere on the album which is great.

yeah it's pretty good, kanye west is solid af

this

1. B6
2. Rodeo
3. Jeffery

Why do people like Young Thug at all? I mean, for most artists I don't enjoy I can at least get into the head of someone who does, but with him I just can't.

I think you're right, but not about constantly hating being filler

saw this dude open for danny brown, 5/10

i don't understand how you can't even get a sense of his appeal. i mean listen to how he is rapping.

i'd expect someone to say that about trash like lil peep or whatever, but not really young thug

It's dumb fun, good beats/melodies, his lyrics aren't even distinguishable half the time it's more like an instrumental. If you're going to modern hip-hop for emotional substance then you're doing it wrong.

his flow is next level, there's nothing like it.

lil yachty is the bubblegum trap knockoff of young thug, but young thug actually gives nuggets of entertainment within absurdist lyrical adventures. it's both fun and fucked up, nonsensical and focused, overboard and tasteful. not to mention he accents beats with a vocal style that is completely original

This one

This one too

Try this

Again

I'll check this out

Not going anywhere near these three, if the artist oks an album cover like this and thinks it looks good, he has bad artistic sense and I can already tell the albums will be trash.

>trap
>looking for something legit artistic and not trashy fun

fuck off underage that cover style is ingrained in trap

Don't care, those album covers are fucking revolting and I won't have it. There are plenty of good covers (see B6 DS2) and I don't need to lower myself to this trash.

you need to stick to listening to travis scott in your daddy's gated community mansion

doesn't make it okay, though
the music is very likely trash based on covers like that. Have some fucking standards

>good music can't have poor cover art

Glad to see someone else shares my logic

Why are you making assumptions like this?

boi lil peep aint trash

One of my favorite trap / drill albums

here sounds like you might wanna check this website out.
reddit.com/r/Music/comments/5n1tbq/immortal_technique_dance_with_the_devil_hiphoprap/

Damn...

if you don't like album covers like this then you don't actually like trap music, not even joking

Better than Barter 6

Better

Don't care too much about genres really, I just hear that trap is what you call shit like barter 6/ds2 which I like. If true trap is album covers like then yeah I want no part of that.

Just listened and it's really good, other than those "DJ ESCKO" "THE COOLEST DJ IN THE WORLD" literally the corniest shit I've heard in years and completely ruins the album.

Is there a version of the album without that shit somewhere?

>monotone: the album
nah

You're clinically retarted

leave this genre alone vulture

THHHEEE COOOLLEESSST DEEEJAAYYY IIINNN THHEEE WOOORRLLLDD

obviously

"no"

Glad this was posted

>without DJ tags
just google it
anyway check out the rest of future's newer stuff - his "trilogy" of Monster (goat), 56 nights, and beast mode, as well as EVOL
also
>those album covers are fucking revolting and I won't have it.
>There are plenty of good covers (see B6 DS2) and I don't need to lower myself to this trash
stop doing this
it's a culture thing
at least judge off reviews, not the cover

I was only a fan of young thug ironically until jeffery
jeffery is definitely the best thing he's ever done imo

also i don't think future has ever done a more solid project than 56 nights. so many good tracks. didn't like ds2 that much t b h f a m

56 nights is good, but i find that evol is really one of his best releases. i think it's underrated desu

Useless by Bones is GOAT too.

dunno mango, I think evol isn't too bad but there are only a few songs that I listen to (maybach, seven rings, fly shit only). 56 nights is good from start to finish.

Holy shit this
Not a weak track

good taste senpai

You mean modern trap right? Trap was originally like Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik and other classic ATL rap.

As far as modern trap goes, it's similar to shoegaze: there are three albums that define the genre and three artists that dominate.

The big three of modern trap are (in no particular order):
>Young Thug - Barter 6
>Future - DS2
>Travis Scott - Rodeo
They really can be in any order and not be wrong. Finishing out the top five, I'd personally go with

>Young Thug - Jeffery
>Rae Sremmurd - SremmLife

Other classics include
>Bryson Tiller - Trapsoul
>Drake - If You're Reading This It's Too Late
>Rich Gang - Tha Tour Part 1
>Future - 56 Nights
>Travis Scott - Days Before Rodeo

I 100% unironically agree with this. I find the similarities between trap and shoe gaze very interesting, actually. Both take an instrument (voice and guitar respectively) and slather them in effects as to make them sound unique, melodic, and different. Both genres also lack a focus on lyrics.

man fuck off you stupid rockist

there are youtube singles with millions of views more important than tra$h scott or bryson tiller's entire careers

you talk albums and then miss the blueprint that is flockaveli but include if you're reading this???????

as far as """modern trap"" goes it's nothing like fucking shoegaze because shoegaze was not built on a hundred classic mixtapes by gucci, boosie, jeezy, oj da juiceman, flocka, young scooter, kevin gates, peewee longway, young dolph, shy glizzy, the list goes on and on and on and on before some travis scat soundcloud loosies

user is right you left out flockaveli and TI and a bunch of shit
What you call 'modern trap' isn't that fucking young, Travis Scott didn't invent that shit

you realize that mixtapes are used for promotion and that most of it can be played live which can double the promotion while giving close to nothing back to labels, right?

or are you just blind to an entire industry

Why are you all so fixated on the "it's what they always do so it's ok" meme, it sounds like pure shit and takes away from a good mixtape, no amount of background or "heritage" is going to change this.

because your standards are idiotic, and i just explained why

you could have gotten no music, instead you got a small advertisement and live material for 1.5 years until you have to actually pay