Top Gear was good. FACT

Top Gear was good. FACT

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HFIQIpC5_wY
theguardian.com/media/2016/mar/02/bob-mortimer-top-gear-timebomb-talent-abuse-power
theguardia
youtube.com/watch?v=ygxEPkufryI
telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/bbc/10971930/BBC-to-quadruple-number-of-disabled-people-on-screen.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

check these. FACT!

Dubs

FACT

Why does he go out of his way to look like a dweeby cunt?

ayo check em senpai tho FACT

Yes, it was.

It isn't any more.

The Telegraph conducted a poll regarding the new Top Gear's popularity.

The results: 89% "hated" it.

the telegraph, huh
I saw exactly the same on the Metro

Hes an ACTUAL asshole instead of a "bantz" asshole, he missed the entirety of what Clarkson did and just came across as a dickhead.

based toff broadsheet

evans on suicide watch

You really thought so?
Did you ever watch the old show?

>It's is

I enjoyed it fine. It is almost exactly the same as the old show, all it needs is a news banter section another studio presenter to be added to fill in the dead air space when they switch presenters in the studio (Jordan or Sabine would be fine or why not both).

If the old show was 10/10 the new one was a solid 8/10 which is still a great show and will only get better as it finds its feet.

>another studio presenter to be added to fill in the dead air space
wont happen with Evans. I guarantee he wanted to host the show himself until bbc execs stepped in pushing for something that would perk up interest

Clarkson is an actual asshole too though

>punch someone over a steak
>not an ACTUAL asshole

They should have given it a rest for a few years as it's not like the BBC needs the money. Chris Evans is a terrible choice to front the show. Though people forget the 2002 reboot took a while to find its feet.

>Survey produces findings in line with editorial policy & against rivals.

Well I never

>It is almost exactly the same as the old show

Exactly. It should have done its own thing or at least tweaked certain aspects. Instead it just came off weird and forced.

if they bin chris evans, let joey get involved when he wants and make it with chris harris, other guy, and sabine. Im sure it'd be pretty good then

You've never heard any of Chris Evans' radio shows have you? It is unusual if he doesn't bring in co-presenters. He was doing the banter with your mates thing from the early 90s.

>punch someone over a steak
>not banter

TG needs steeve coogan

Im well aware of his crap. Im just going off his previous television shows where he is, as usual, all 'ME ME ME ME!'

>Mother dies.
>Failing relationship with wife.
>Had prior arguments with producer.
>Escalated conflict.

If I were in that emotional state, and there was a cunt standing before me I'd deck him as well.

In 2002 nobody was watching it and it was about to be cancelled, it had Angella Rippon as a presenter ffs. It took a while for people to actually start watching again in great numbers by which time (about 2006) the presenters and format had bedded in nicely.

I imagine Top Gear with Coogan and and Rob Brydon together would be pretty good.

Which is nothing like Clarkson of course, he doesn't have an ego at all.

Dr Pavel, I'm CIA. FACT.

He wasn't alone. FACT.

Uh, you don't get to bring freinds. FACT.

They're not my friends. FACT.

Clarkson is actually likeable to most.
Chris Evans isn't. The evidence is there.
FACT

Or Ant and Dec!

I'm still holding out for Jim Davidson and Roy Chubby Brown though.

>Failing relationship with wife.
That's his own fucking fault

It would be non-stop Michael Caine impressions. Which would be better than what we got on Sunday.

youtube.com/watch?v=HFIQIpC5_wY

>Clarkson is actually likeable to most.

To some

I felt like it was the same writers as previous seasons still writing for clarkson, Hammond and May

So when Joey is talking like Richard Hammond and Chris Evans is talking like Clarkson, it sounded really weird

>.

Congratulations on proving nothing

i proved your dumb, no offense.

Ant & Dec are colossal cunts. If you like them you're clearly watching ITV prole tier shite.

Just saying.

>Every week they blow the bloody doors off some kind of van, just to set up a series of Caine impressions

How so?

>mfw silly sissy brits thinks Clarkson are offending minorities when jolly foreigners actually love him and his nationalistic jokes

Anyway, it's probably for the better that the real Top Gear lads moved on. The format was getting old. The last few seasons survived by the chemistry between the hosts alone.

I got pretty high hopes for their new show.

Only Evans was horrible with the new Top Gear, the rest was alright but too overproduced

How can Bob be so based?

>According to the Sun, when the new Top Gear lineup was revealed earlier this month, Mortimer – who formed Pett Productions with Clark and Vic Reeves in 2001 – called new Top Gear host Chris Evans a “cunt” in a now-deleted tweet.

theguardian.com/media/2016/mar/02/bob-mortimer-top-gear-timebomb-talent-abuse-power

Yeah, I only watched a bit of it buy it was especially obvious when joey was doing his dune buggy bit with the paparazzi

He was just saying clarksonesque lines with shit delivery

>theguardia

Stopped reading right there

>there

Oh shit there's even a spin off show now

10 mins in and I like the two main guys on Extra Gear better than Top Gear.

>7026167

I love this.

The first series of The Trip (2010) is well worth watching.

youtube.com/watch?v=ygxEPkufryI

No shit, he was notorious for having affairs.
But it helps to explain his mental state.

>I got pretty high hopes for their new show.

Why? it will be shit, the bubble has burst and they're just trying to make a lot of money and get free holidays out of the pop.

It'll last 2 series at best with a massive budget cut for series 2. How many people will actually pay money to see it? It might bet a lot of people watching it to see what an ego driven shitfest it is but 99.99% of those will be people just pirating it on the internet. Also as their writers are still working on BBC top gear it will seem awkward and just descend into clarkson reading off offensive things from a pre-prepared list of cultures/countries/races that his team of researchers have assured him won't be able to retaliate with violence if they don't understand bantah.

She used to be cute.

The BBC would need balls to try this, but I would love to see how it turns out. Maybe to a Top Gear show, but with movies instead of cars.

What bubble?

That new Top Gear showed what everyone already knows, that the trio carried the show.

cute birdo

>was
Couldn't agree more.

Everything that they said was scripted though and the scriptwriters are clearly still working on old top gear.

The BBC also owns a lot of the format copywrite too, so in the new show you won't get anything the stig does, you won't get the cool wall etc. Worst of all you won't get the races either.

The new show is just them driving around Europe to their next destination and showing highlight videos of the staged hijinx they got up to on the way. It's a bit of a lame idea and will wear thin quickly.

Yea this. It helps that theyre actually fucking friends in real life, new cast is a bunch of people plucked from different places and told to work, its not the same, especially when some of the people there dont want to work with eachother.

Do you like cover bands? If I want to see the Rolling Stones I don't want to see some ginger guy with framed glasses doing his best impression of Mick Jagger shuffling over the stage smacking his lips.

The true cringe I felt, was from the writing.

Its like they wrote the exact same show for Clarkson and Co but with a completely different cast of presenters.

Evans is suppose to be a new Clarkson but comes across too bubbly, not enough of that sarcastic defeating undertone that Clark had.

LeBlanc's introduction felt so hamfisted. Are we suppose to give a big shit he is American? Why give him a special intro, he should of been beside Evans at the opening.

I would pay to see Clarkson and team watch the first new episode in a Gogglebox format.

How the fuck do you know?
The show isn't out yet.

I felt the point the BBC missed is that it was a lads show. Sure you watched it because cars but also actually watched it for the dynamic between Clarkson, Hammond and May. The way they interacted was so naturally funny because they were actually mates instead of people trying to force chemistry.

Trying to copy the same format with new presenters will not work at all.

To be fair. Clarkson knows his own voice and how do to the delivery correctly. Also I'm sure they are at least modifying their lines here and there while having a dialogue with the writers.

Who is this guy ???

>Everything that they said was scripted though and the scriptwriters are clearly still working on old top gear.
The weakest of memes

The guy to the left of her does not look fucking pleased.

A Mongoloid with no life except pushing his shitty bait

>Wanting a programme for males

Fuck you, it's current year.

It wasn't as bad as was expecting it to be, but Evans' damage control is embarrassing seeing as he was by far the worst thing in it.

BBC should have just reformatted it with new ideas and a new approach, try to find a new fanbase rather than rehashing and imitating the previous incarnation, which was never going to work.

It was never going to work purely because of the BBCs agenda pushing.

The banter was always going to be toned down and suitable for the pc fascists.

There was always going to be a cast full of token coloured and females.

It was doomed the second the originals left because anything not previously established would have to submit to the agenda.

Where to watch if not a britbong

>It's is
Fuck's sake Liz lrn2yourenglish

torrent it.

>If the old show was 10/10 the new one was a solid 8/10
That would probably be true. Unfortunately, the old show was 2/10 retarded shite for council house dickheads, so fuck knows what that makes the new shit.

>He was doing the banter with your mates thing from the early 90s
Chris Evans has never met my mates.

>purely because of the BBCs agenda pushing.

Blah, blah. What fucking agenda??

Fuck off back to Sup Forums, you tedious little shit.

We all watched it on a stream so there will probably be another one for the next episode but the first should be torrentable by now.

Kill yourself my man.

>What fucking agenda??
>BBC
American liberal, please go, you know nothing.

Danny Cohen left the BBC ages ago.

you just can't beat or even replicate shit like ''..In the world''
it's all so familiar and funny.
Even if the current cast did a good job it would still have gotten shit ratings.

>What fucking agenda?

The BBC have quite literally promised that their workforce is going to meet various diversity quotas, both behind and in front of the camera.

For example, 15% of their employees are going to be disabled. It's unclear at this time whether or not that means they'll be firing a certain number of able-bodied staff or just forcibly disabling them.

It's also unclear how they're going to meet the quota they set themselves for non-heterosexuals since it's actually illegal to discriminate against a prospective employee based on their sexual orientation, and you can be sued for even asking somebody which team they bat for in a job interview

Kek.

TG was the sort of show the DM reader fuckwits thought was a cutting edge rebuttal against le PC gone mad culture cos May said "Oh cock" and Clarkson made some casually racist comment once a year.

They held these three flaming fucking faggots up as some sort of icons of what it meant to be a white British male; a short-arsed, unfunny, boggle-eyed gimp going through a mid-life crisis, a camp autistic bachelor who wore floral shirts and a lanklet chain-smoking, balding, pot-bellied man child.

And? He was allowed to control it, he was allowed to enact his absurd ideology but most importantly, none of his agenda was reversed when he left.

He has a shit hair transplant, such an insecure twat Chris Evans is.

Because your picture is misleading by highlighting that he is the current controller of BBC1, when he isn't. Almost like you yourself has an agenda.

FACT?
What did he mean by this?

>i proved your dumb
FACT

This post is bait.

Exactly. Even non car guys used to watch top gear. Now the producers are trying to force a similar relationship between the new hosts and it feels just like that, forced.

Remarkable how neither of you can answer the question.

So what agenda are they pushing with Top Gear?

>For example, 15% of their employees are going to be disabled
So actually 5%
telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/bbc/10971930/BBC-to-quadruple-number-of-disabled-people-on-screen.html

The Sup Forumsfucktards continually overstate the role Cohen played, primarily cos he was a Jew, and that fits your warped narrative about "hurr durr cultural marxism"