Swimming events

Riddle me this Sup Forums
Why does almost every non-American complain about how many swimming events there are?
They talk like the Olympics have been rigged in our favor so that we can farm golds
Doesn't this also give them many opportunities to get gold as well?
Hungry has gotten like 4 of its 5 golds from swimming alone yet no one bats any eye
Does this prove that every other country is inferior in this sport and are thus forced to make up reasons why they win less golds as damage control?

Discuss

Foreigners can never swallow their pride enough to give the US credit. It's always some excuse with them.

Just bask in the hate, bro.

Let em cry. We still get the metals.

Swimming has more than double the medals on offer than any other sport in the Olympics.

And that means more medals for you to potentially win.

What's the problem here?

>Why does almost every non-American complain about how many swimming events there are?

Why isn't there running backwards in athletics? or running on all four?

Swimming is that ridiculous

The reason there's so many is because of politics.

>a sport dominated by white people
>being surprised that euros and mestizos hate it

Shut the fuck up, Mexic0.

it's always been like this, I don't get the complaints and swimming is fun to watch

I just really fuckin hate americans being cocky desu, something needs to happen so you can be put in your place

>using running backwords as an argument
are you going to complain how many track events there are too?

To wind up Americans. Stop taking the bait you mongs.

Damn, Chloe got fat as fuck.

>implying aussies wouldn't be talking the same amount of shit if your swimmers could back it up

Shut the fuck up, Australia. You used to be just as cocky at swimming.

Then get more swimmers nigga! How is this an issue?!

What politics?

:____: "Murka bribed IOC for moar swimming cuz commies were too good."

Fun fact: The commies actually extended their dominance moreso after the period in which more swimming events were included, since East Germany became rather dominant at it.

That's also one of the reasons our swimming program is good. East Germany pretty much pushed us to "git gud."

lol, no we wouldn't

You're clearly not familiar with the term 'future proofing'.

Against what?

East Germany was on their way to ruling the pool until the fall of communism, which I don't think anyone could've predicted in 1968 when they doubled the swimming program.

A better "futureproof" at that time would've been to add more sprint events. 60m, 60m hurdles, 400m hurdles relay, etc, etc.

And again, other countries aren't banned from getting good at swimming, so what's the problem?

Ok, but I wanna see these stats with capita accounted for