Psychedelic band slowly improves songwriting over the years

>psychedelic band slowly improves songwriting over the years
>everyone hates it
>every time
why?

I fucking love this album.

Because Sup Forums is filled with contrarian faggots. Painting With was great.

These

Recycling and Floridada are great songs. The rest range from pretty good to very mediocre.

their pop songwriting peaked on mpp

nothing against painting with, but there are more reasonable ways to say that the album shouldn't be hated so much

Reminder that Person Pitch > Anything AnCo related

Elaborate on how their songwriting "improved"

everyone It's a stupid word on this...That album only had much contrast in comparison to the others

>has only listened to three AnCo albums

More like every single one of them. Nice assumption there lmao

Yes I'd like to read it as well plz

Incorrect

CHz and PP are both 10s but CHz is a tennier ten

they started writing songs

I don't know. I can't express my opinions in any kind of detail, but I still think it's worthwhile to share them. Welcome to Sup Forums

you. I fucking like you!

as bad as PWfags can be in their attempts to praise the album, at least they're reasonable enough to admit that it's like an 8 tops.
if you truly believe CHz is a 10, there's no hope for you. it's their worst album, period.

that is one of the most confusing pictures i've ever seen

Top pleb

Centipede Hz is patricians choice

The fuck is going on in this picture

no it isn't

>my feet cant cross the parking lot

you are objectively retarded if you think this album has better songwriting than anything else they've done. its a big step backwards

BRAAAAAAAAIN FREEEEEEZE

Iv'e been fucking with centipede hz alot lately, its just really damn good and catchy. The songs are in my head all the time.

>it has screaming and stuff so it's experimental!
no. anco are at their best when they're working on either end of the spectrum. they can be going all in for a psych pop sound a la MPP, or going way out there for something alien like HCTI. CHz is too muddy to be appreciated from either perspective, and it's not like merging these two sounds together really made for anything altogether new. i still enjoy the album, this band is incredible and all their music is above average, but it is their worst album.

I feel like it's the more psychotic little brother to Strawberry Jam

based Deakin

>MWaaah PW is so boring and simple
>Mwwaaah CHz is so noisy and all over the place
When did you realize the "true AnCo fans" that only like their old stuff arent fans at all?

I agree

honest plebian thread but it's okay

You can still be a fan and admit that their recent efforts have been somewhat lackluster compared to their older releases.

I still think AnCo have the potential to make great music. I just don't think that potential was anywhere being fulfilled on CHz or PW.

anywhere near*

this

So my daughter had to get braces and yesterday was the big day. Well we go to another office the same ortho has (the one a few blocks from me is 100% human). So we get to the office and from what I see it's all humans there, which from the other office is what I expected. Then it happened... a boon comes out from around back and calls "Nest" (not my real last name but completely butchers it, which even humans do because it's rare). I see this and I flare up before I can even react it says "Eyes needs to axe y'all some que shioms". At this point I go to the receptionist (after I tell my daughter to sit down and not go with it). I say to her "I don't want that tech working on my daughter" which it hears and gives me the look. I say if there is not another tech refund my $4,000 and I'll go to another place for this.
They go back and get the ortho who comes and asks what the problem is. So I politely explain that I do not want that tech working on my daughter, she asked for a specific reason, so I said "I can't trust someone who can't speak proper English to work on any of my family, I then stated it said "Eyes needs to axe y'all a few qwest tions".
She agreed with me and gave me a human tech to do the work. I stated that that way of talking is poor and shouldn't be allowed in her Busisness as it will most likely reflect back on them and cause them to lose clients.

Im glad you're not one of those that completely shit on the two albums. It feels like some just refuse to appreciate anything about them. Not thinking their the best they have done is completely respectable. Cause I hold that opinion myself.

But on what albums HAVE they put in their most potential?
It seems most albums that have spectacular tracks have some filler or odd balls in it. ODDSAC for example, a lot of the tracks are simply there to compliment the visuals, and others like Mr Fingers are like their best songs- the music alone and not even the visuals which were great.

THE(the)SONG(song)WRIT(writ)ING(ing)DID(did)NOT(not)IM(im)PROVE(prove)FAG(fag)GOT(got)

Person Pitch doesn't hold a candle to:

STGSTV
Hollindagain
CS
HCTI
ST
Feels
SJ
MPP
ODDSAC

So then you just have shit taste my bad.

I mean, each album is different. It's hard to value how much potential they put in each when they are literally doing something new with nearly every album.

low quality shitpost

>Improves songwriting

BE bo BA buh Bo BE Ba Boo BA BEE Bo

and yet you replied you fucking degenerate autistic faggot

I kek'd
Seriously, I don't get why some people think you have to adore everything an artist does to consider yourself a fan.
You are fucking retarded my man

Where did it all go so wrong?

Ofc. I think by now they're very picky with what they release. Id say PW is what they wanted it to be and didnt see any reason to do more to it.
They dont release albums thinking their incomplete.

On that album with shitty production and the same songs done over and over until Alvin Row gives you a nice jam.

Someone finally said it

Yeah I dont think ive ever listened to an AnCO record and thought there was more that could be done or wishing there was more or less or anything.

i used to think this album was their best but the production and samey-ness really does weigh it down

I like this album equally to MPP and thus better than all of AnCo's discography except Feels

>lmao I'll be reductive and harp on one vocal technique they use repeatedly as if it's inherently bad lmao
they use hocketing in some really interesting and varied ways over the course of the album. this complaint is like saying anco has never been good because they "always" use beach boys harmonies.

not to burst your bubble but this songs on this album are about bagels, girl power, florida, and jacking off. (it's still pretty good)

Is that what you're gonna call this garbage heap ready for collection? Improved songwriting?

Who cares what they're about

>lyrics = songwriting
Are you retarded?

you need to dig deeper

>On AC

How was Deakin's album? Been living under a rock since shortly after Centipede Hz so I got a bunch of garbage to look up and download.

Love this album. So far only heard this, MPP and person pitch. Do they have other stuff like floridada and golden gal? I really enjoy those songs

It's a solid 8/10 imo. Golden Chords is one of my favorite songs from last year.

every album is different

I would recommend that you tackle them in this order:

Strawberry Jam
Feels
Spirit They're Gone, Spirit They've Arrived
Centipede Hz
Sung Tongs
Campfire Songs
Here Comes the Indian

woah what the fuck!?! is that..... testosterone emanating from panda bear?

This album is dope
The only people who actually hate it are people who use the term freak folk unironically

is grey shirt touching white shirt's bum?
seems icky

STGSTV
Sleep Cycle
Sung Tongs
Campfire Songs

Basically just take out Geo and we got a 10

>tfw Geologist

underrated

CHz isn't a 10 but it's better than PW bad has a unique emotional atmosphere and production.

PW is brickwalled so bad I can't listen to it

>tfw you discover that danse is a 10

UNARGUABLE ANIMAL COLLECTIVE ALBUM RANKING

Feels > Sung Tongs > MPP > STGSTV > Here Comes the Indian > Danse Manatee > Centipede Hz > Painting With

SPECIAL CATEGORY FOR AN ALBUM SO DIFFERENT IT REALLY IS UNCOMPARABLE TO THE OTHERS
Campfire Songs

Where the fuck is Strawberry Jam you worthless dicklet