Can we call these Rio Olympics failure already?

Can we call these Rio Olympics failure already?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/37068357
youtube.com/watch?v=1yIfl41ytZM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I thought we already were.

>FIFA is proven to be taking bribes, awarded World Cup to Brazil under CLEARLY false pretenses.
>Brazil holds World Cup, fucks it up.
>Olympics still go to Brazil
>People expect this to go fine.

I really do feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

this whole text doesn't make any sense, the olympics were awarded to brazil way before the world cup took place and even if not, the wc wasn't even as nearly as much of a failure as the olympics in brazil are-

>the olympics were awarded to brazil before the world cup took place
I'mma need you to back up and look at that sentence again.

And if the WC was less of a failure, that's only because the WC didn't have any water events.

Stadiums from both will still be sitting vacant for decades, while the citizens starve.

Are you mentally handicapped?

>he points out that the olympics were awarded to brazil before the world cup took place
>i assume it would be obvious to everyone not-german that "taking place" has nothing to do with anything, Brazil was /awarded/ two major sporting events with zero infrastructure in place.

MY BAD, sorry. Just trying to feel sorry for the literal toilet that is Brazil.

The thing I remember most about the Vancouver olympics was how many fucking technical difficulties there were with every event and how there was always delays.

These games have managed to go pretty smoothly apart from things like the green pool and the unfilled seats, which isn't really that big a deal when most people are watching from home anyway. It's not like it's the organizers fault that most white people don't want to live in Brazil for two weeks and most South Americans can't afford to.

It honestly could have went way fucking worse.

> Olympics STILL go to Brazil

They were already going there, and then they were still going there after the WC

>apart from things like the green pool and the unfilled seats

those are pretty big, but I agree. I'm enjoying these Olympics quite a bit.

Yeah I've been noticing a crazy amount of empty seats .

In Beach Volleyball the Brits were going nuts, it was the GOAT crowd and they are shit at the sport. Brazil is a top team and their were empty seats for their own fucking country.

The thing is, football can be played anywhere, even in the middle of the desert and football players stay in luxury 5 star hotels.

Olympics has dozens of things happening, too much variation.

>Yeah I've been noticing a crazy amount of empty seats .
No shit, people don't want to catch fucking zika or whatever new disease is trending in shitzil.

>football can be played anywhere, even in the middle of the desert and football players stay in luxury 5 star hotels.
Guess we'll find out when we get to Qatar, eh?

They will go smoother than the Brazilian Olympics because their engineers and project managers are all British, German or American who earn so well they're incorruptible.

Wow, I know this is gonna sound stupid but I didn't even THINK it would be possible for an Olympics to have fuck all people in attendance. HOW are these stadiums so empty? Wtf? How do none of these Brazilians give a fuck? This would never happen in a Western or Asian country hosting the Olympics.

Brazilians can't afford to go to the events because they are poor.

Many foreigners didn't bother coming because of all the bad press like the zika virus.

They should have sold the tickets at deep discount. Full on drunk monkey carneval rio style crowds would be epic.

I don't know what they expect when they put expensive tickets in the middle of a fucking economical/political crisis.
and not even Brazilians want to go to Rio, I don't you can be shoot just because you are in the wrong street.
If they wanted to do it in Brazil there better places and it would be good if it's not in the middle of a economical shitshow.
London was not perfect too they filled some seats with military guys.

The World Cup was fine.

Rio isn't even our most violent city. I'd say it's even one of the least violent with all the heavy security for the olympics.

i know it's hard to understand, but you really don't know what it's like to live in a country where people only care about one sport.

Your country is a failure

Realistically? Yes. But in fairness to what they are saying about shitty attendance, was just watching brazil v. south korea volleyball.

Stadium was sold out, but the entire "VIP" section behind the player's--like 200 seats-- were completely empty. Some of their big sponsors are taking tickets and fucking them.

Only place have seen fans was brazil volleyball, and not a black in there, entire crowd White. They must be overcharging.

My dream is that it's empty Sunday night and Usain Bolt fucking loses. Hate arrogant ape assholes

Give us a tip brazil-- does volleyball team have most qts? They have some, but not starters. Also all the White(ish) girls have trashy tattoos, really low class.

I want Sup Forums to leave

yeah, hues blown the fuck out.
I suppose the stadium has not fallen down, yet.

>the entire "VIP" section behind the player's--like 200 seats-- were completely empty
This happened in London to be fair. They give a load of tickets to corporate sponsors and no one turned up for minor events - bit ridiculous.

what the fuck are you talking about? That was a post defending Brazil and their attendance problems, you fucking scumbag. The world is not your safespace, sorry to say.
And yes, Bolt does behave like an ape, dancing and shoving shit in everyone's face when he wins. Even normal blacks would agree with that.
You fucking SJW just look for reasons to be offended, I swear to Christ.

Go back to YOUR safespace faggot, this is spee.

I want tumbrlinas/reddit to leave.

>minor events
Exactly, mongolia V Kazaksthan in lightweight wrestling maybe.
That empty stadium yesterday was horrible, much worse than anybody thought.

I want everybody to leave.

the irony is, don't even go to pol. YES, BOLT BEHAVES LIKE AN APE WITH HIS HOTDOG NIGGER BULLSHIT.
DEAL WITH IT. WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD.
We operate under US law, not yours where you can get sent to jail for sending a mean tweet to a gay diver. Sorry.

In case you didn't notice, I'm not the one trying to censor what other people say here bc it might hurt muh feelings.
Get the concept of "Safe space" and why the reply you thought was so witty was a failure? You fuckers literally look for things to be offended by.
In fact, I'd call YOU the racist here for assuming the reference to Bolt's simian behavior (dancing around, etc...) had to do with his skin rather than sportsmanship.

>don't even go to pol
>nigger nigger ape froth rage, hurr ALL CAPS SJW I am fucking outraged!!!!!???
yeah ok m8

lel, go for the hat trick reply, you are twitching to do it

Who's responsible for the name tags?

Should have been in Chicago.

But it's not surprising this turned out this way. Yeah Brazil has a top 10 GDP, but it's one of the most extreme wealth disparity for a industrialized nation.

But that bribe money was sexy and IOC is gonna IOC.

London was just as bad, only they tried to fill their seats with military personnel

you're a racist. You automatically assumed my reference to his bullshit, histrionic behavior-- dancing about, rubbing his wins in his competitor's faces-- was a racial thing rather than about sportsmanship.
Be careful. They are cracking down on "internet hare crime there," and you sure sounded like a hateful person, perpetuating stereotypes when I'm black myself.
And being black, I'll use "nigger" and "ape" as much as I want-- without racists like you trying to pigeonhole my entire race based on actions of a flamboyant, improper dickhead runner.
Good job ruining the thread asshole.

hues

>FIFA is proven to be taking bribes, awarded World Cup to Brazil under CLEARLY false pretenses.
all countries try bribes in football, remember englands shitty handbags for the 2018 bid? when rich ""1st world"" countries bribe officials its a "goodwill gesture", when its third world shitholes its just "bribes". its irrelevant

>Just as bad
No.

For early rounds of a few sports because the corporates didn't turn up. Then they took the tickets off them. Don't expect to see that here. Also the fucking Olympic Stadium is three quarters empty on day one.

2010 World Cup in SA was 10x better than this.

literally no one cares about athletics in brazil.
they would have a hard time finding people willing to go for free, much less pay for it.

Ahh yes Brazil had zero infrastructure for the world cup

Not like football is popular there and all the stadiums were already built...

bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/37068357

Rio Olympics organisers said they were "not disappointed" by the number of empty seats on show as the athletics events began in the Estadio Olimpico.

They claimed 58% of available tickets for the first session were sold, and 65% for the evening session.

Ticket prices and VIPs not filling their allocations have been cited as reasons for empty seats.

"Without heroes and local athletes the public take longer to fall in love," said Rio 2016 spokesman Mario Andrada.

"But one of the legacies of the Games will be to show Brazilians how spectacular these other sports can be and there will be no problem when Usain Bolt competes on Sunday."

Jamaica's Bolt, 29, is attempting to win the 'treble treble' of 100m, 200m and 4x100m golds at three successive Olympics.

Andrada said an additional problem in Rio is ticket-holders only wanting see one particular contest in a long session.

Stadium looks fairly packed tbhonestfamalam

and the IOC claimed they sold most tickets lel
now imagine how the paralympics will look like when less than 25% of tickets have been sold

>cost
the thing is
in Brazil anyone who has a student card is eligible to pay 50% of tickets
but absolutely everyone, even people that finished their degrees 10 years ago have those cards, so the prices are already set 2x of what they should be because whoever manages the events know brs will claim the discount
and the problem is that they only offered these discounts on the cheapest seat, so those areas are always full

They have been fine. Attendance has been a disgrace and an embarrassment. All other problems were only minor.

I read that 70% of the volunteers turned up on the first day to get their free shit then never came back. The people of Rio just don't give a fuck about the games. A lot of blame must go to the organizers for failing to hype the games and overpricing tickets.

everyone is talking abou the green and foul water
but about the shoddy constructions practices?
pic related
why is a multi million venue already look that is 30+ years old? WTF

can't even tell what half of those red circles are meant to be highlighting

shut the fuck up you bluegum pickaninny coon

google "ponto cego maria lenk"

so pretty much only if you pause a frame and spend time looking around you will find faults?

And I must say that every other free event around the city is GOAT tier. A friend of mine went to the Russian House yesterday and managed to meet some medalists.

WTF YOU STUPID FUCKING HUES

You had ONE job

ONE JOB

Keep the fucking pool clean

Your stupidity and incompetence is a black mark on the face of this earth

Hang your heads in fucking shame

They didn't even have snow

The "cost" excuse is being BTFO right now.
People paid to see athletics for the whole day, watched Bolt and left.

what happened exactly aside from the pool going green because it rained and affected its PH?

>there are sharp corners in this construction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
is all I could draw from this montage

Nice, now we almost look like you. We had our influences.

>their smile and optimism : gone

The cost doesn't stop people to go to one event, it stops then from going more than once or twice.

I went to the London Olympics and Paralympics.

Para was so much better.

Better atmosphere by 20x

People there were actually interested in the events/athletes (hard to tell their motives...ie if they were cucked by their tumblr lovers)

People got behind their own counties far more than the normal Olympics

....watching Germans sing their anthem with genuine pride made me cry tears of Sup Forums

>tfw we will never dip into our fucking oil trust fund organize a proper olympic event

me on the bottom right

>economic recession and unemployment
>international media fear mongering the whole world with the whole Zika
>prices that doesn't invite the common man
>a billion events happening
>"Oh no! Why is it so empty?"
Give me a break.

not to mention everyone outside RJ hates that fucking shithole

The only bad thing is the green pool (which is probably being way over blown). Everything else has gone far better than the media propaganda before the Olympics was trying to push.

The media made everyone think people would be swimming through shit and dead bodies while the '''''''''unfinished''''''''' village was crashing down on them and ISIS bombed the place.

Just imagine being an athlete competing in the Paralympic Games. You'd go compete in your event, take your special pills to stay awake, then go back to the Paralympic village to have hot disabled sex all night long. God, it makes me so hot just thinking about it. Athletes using crutches and medical equipment to penetrate each other. People using wheelchairs as fuckswings. The sky's the limit. Anything goes. One second, you'd be pounding a Cambodian double amputee gymnast like a golden brown fuckpuppet, then you'd turn around and stuff your cock down a Ukrainian landmine victim's throat while they shouted unintelligible gobbeldygook at you. Just picture hundreds of people, all of them disabled, in a communal shower, all soapy and wet, writhing and experiencing each other's bodies in ways they never thought possible. Post your Paralympic feels, lads.

>tfw will never be a Paralympic one-footed fuckmaster

>tfw i will never feverishly spitroast a quadruple-amputee QTP2T with my fellow one-legged synchronized diving partner during the opening ceremony while the John Williams's "Olympic Fanfare and Theme" plays in the background

it hurts to live

>tfw severe heart disease
>can't get in the regular competitions because of it, instantly refused when asking to enter any event
>can't go paralympics either because since it's not blindness, cerebral or missing members/motor, it's "not recognized as a handicap"
Maybe I should just end it all, I get all the usual issues of handicap (reduced social mobility, permanent treatment, regular need for medical interventions, fast exhaustion, etc) but can't get any help and never will.

Top kek

>7-1

>Japan hosting in 2020
>They'll probably have working Gundam suits by then

Best opening ceremony is coming

Also itd be pretty cool of Hatsune Miku was the guest singer for the opening

THIS IS NO ZAKU, BOY

NO ZAKU

>brazilians
>disposable income

He's the faster nigga to ever live you dumb fuck
if i was him id hotdog like a motherfucker

I hope to be alive to see all the constant weeb shitposting.

>cerimony begin
youtube.com/watch?v=1yIfl41ytZM

>literally nobody is interested on it
>tickets skyhigh expensive(not even WC was that expensive)
>people outside Rio HATES Rio.
>le Zika meme

I wouldn't call a failure so far, things been going quite smooth than i expected.

But the organizers were fucking dreaming thinking that the average BR would pay such fucking expensive tickets.

say what you will about the infrastructure, but the brand new Olympic Tennis Center's arena looks really neat.
It's pretty unique to see a circular stadium for tennis.
Wouldn't mind if they started to do a Brazil Open in it, could be pretty cool infact.

I am sick of heard about this shit
It
is
ALGAE AND PLANKTON

Don't they fucking have in the amazing 'first world' any fucking algae?
well I am a Biologist, and I will give you a fucking lesson.

Algae are small insects. They live in the water, and they can thrive in a nice, high chlorine environment. When algae is present it means you have good chlorine. Chlorine shows clean water because chlorine is a nature soap. In 'first world' shithole like London, they destroy the algae, because they are scared of looking bad, even though the algae is best.

In Brazil we save the algae. It is important. Algae has many uses.
Algae can be eated as food so we grow it for the Favela kids. It is true that most favela kids eat algae. In fact, Ronaldinho, has ugly teeth because he chew so much algae as he grew, and have you seen his dick? if you see his dick, it is quite vein covered, because algae would be in his bloodstream and live in his cock make the veins puff. Algae can be used to clean. Algae can be used as FUEL. Algae as FUEL is very important to Brazil. Brazil is the ONLY country to care about the rainforest. So, instead of burning tree for fuel, we take algae. If we 'clean' the Olympic pool, that will need over 4 miles of trees to be taken from the forest to replace the fuel. So maybe when you read 'new sloth species go extinct' you can blame your medias for being butthurt about green fucking water? fuck you. greedy first world fucks. I thought that first world would like to see people dive into the green, it make a nice change from they birth rates which plummet into the red. fucking refugee lovers. maybe you think our water is too green and scary so niggers from afghanistan would be afraid to cross it to get free passport and apartment?

We are everywhere, friendo.

Have a pity (You).

Smooth? Smooth? In what way is this smooth? Pool green, poo water has made numerous athletes sick, press bus shot up, the absolute worst accommodations in recent Olympic memory, robberies and rapes all over.

""""""Smooth""""""

For Rio standards... yes.

LMAO MEMES :DDDDDD

I like this copypasta.

Tip top kek

>Algae can be eated as food so we grow it for the Favela kids

Oh god

>that blue track

WTF am I watching? A fucking meeting?

>>people outside Rio HATES Rio.
Take a wild guess why he said this.

People here didn't even want to host the Olympics, we literally have no money.

the stadium was almost full when Bold ran, as soon as it was finished most of them left

>kiwi is butthurt
We dont like tumblr in here faggot cuck

wtf I hate Brazil now

Can't wait to watch opening ceremony in Full 4k BEST PIXELS virtual reality!!