/grimes/

Discuss the extraordinary artist Claire Elise Boucher aka Grimes.

Watch this beautiful video for Rasik: youtube.com/watch?v=U0HbDxoOaVU
Could you handle this youtube.com/watch?v=lhNxvoXOKcI ?

Other urls found in this thread:

brooklynvegan.com/david-byrne-details-his-upcoming-joan-of-arc-musical-tickets-on-sale/
play.spotify.com/album/5hB4jVN4ZHpubyiMmW81K1
youtube.com/watch?v=DQLvqvLvUIY
store.grimesmusic.com/hoodies
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I didn't care for AA at first, it was the first Grimes album that didn't do it for me, but it's really growing on me. Kill V Maim goes hard.

Many people don't give that album a fair chance.

They should.

Indeed. AA has a lot to offer and a lot of staying power.

>I started collecting pictures of Grimes...
brooklynvegan.com/david-byrne-details-his-upcoming-joan-of-arc-musical-tickets-on-sale/

I like the cute squeaking she does just before screaming on that song.

>tfw you legit dont skip any tracks
>could literally loop any track too

play.spotify.com/album/5hB4jVN4ZHpubyiMmW81K1

Grimes keeps collecting those co-signs

what do substances taste like when you lick them off Grimes' face?

holy shit is he the one posting these threads

or is that just grimes herself i dont know this is confusing AHHhhhh

Are there any people here who voted for Trump or are right-wing? I wanted to ask you how do you reconcile your political leanings with listening/liking Grimes' music or liking her persona.

Is he /ourguy/?

More pics from this photo shoot? Also, I love the video for Rasik, one of my favorites senpai

i voted for trump and i fap to grimes and love AA

AA was my first album ofhers, after hearing Kill V Maim

listened to it on loop for literally 10x that night i found it on spotify

ask me anything

how much of a Sup Forumstard are you? Do you hate gay ppl, jews, non-whites, etc?

Do you care about Grimes' politics?

Do you skip Venus Fly? What do you think about the videos for Flesh Without Blood and Kill V Maim? What do you think about Grimes shilling for the Left? Why do you sexualize Grimes even though she's said she's against it?

Libertarianism is sometimes considered right-wing, I guess, so I'll take a crack at it.

1. I don't have to. They're independent of one another and her music is explicitly apolitical.
2. Grimes kind of has a libertarian mentality of, "do what you want, but let me do what I want, and if you're an asshole to me, I'll call you out on it." She has said she can't stop people from sexualizing her, even though she would like them to stop.
3. She didn't endorse Hillary until the very end, which shows that she doesn't agree with the political establishment. And no, Trump is not a "punk" movement, he's a populist movement and played the game of fearmongering and mudslinging (just like any politician), and regularly abused the corrupted system that has installed itself since the Fed was established.
4. I tend to agree with her on social issues, but I don't think we should have hate crimes or force people to do things they don't want to.

>Do you hate gay ppl, jews, non-whites, etc?

i want grimes to be an epic trap, 99% of girls i fap to i fantasize about them being one

>Do you care about Grimes' politics?

not really, all her interviews are from like fucking 2-3 years ago and she doesnt talk on social media so i dont know much else about her

other than she apparently is sexing the girl whos always in her video, including the lastest one a few weeks ago

go away claire >:

I voted Trump and I like AA. I haven't read about her political leanings at all.

So far AA is the only album I'm truly obsessed with.

If Grimes's political views are the complete opposite of mine, that just means we have different opinions on how to "fix" America and that has no effect on how I view Grimes as an artist.

I am not a white male. Grimes is cute but I do not sexualize or fap to Grimes desu.

Do you skip Venus Fly?

uh....hell no

>dem qt hey's
>dat base
>dat qtaf hook

>What do you think about the videos for Flesh Without Blood and Kill V Maim?

i wish there was a special edition of KVM that let you watch their full recording of the song in each outfit/scene

espcially her makeup in the car but we hardly see her up close with the camera angles

>Why do you sexualize Grimes even though she's said she's against it?

cuz shes sexy and she has no idea

What ethnicity are you?

OMG

youtube.com/watch?v=DQLvqvLvUIY

Kpop

Neat.

>04:00
>dat eye liner
>dem ears

why cant we ever get HD high rez upclose pics of grimes looking the qtest?

OMG FUGGGGGGGG

>04:50

dat creamyness

PLS

>her qtgf singing in the 2nd song

hnnng

>ywn be grimes sex gf gf

What is the most Bjork Grimes album? And what is the most Grimes Bjork album?

ok

Right now, everything else is stuff I am listening to in between Art Angels.

Cool, I'm gonna listen to Post, then.

* kneels before Claire *
I love you, Claire Boucher! Will you marry me?
* unwraps golden pussy ring *

>sexing

more info please

This is more accurate

M'Lady Boucher, will you marry me?

Conservative leaning libertarian who hates the two party system but voted for Trump because of the prospect of a Hillary presidency being even more appalling checking in.

Imo both options sucked, but Hillary would've been worse. Grimes also hates the two party system, but was more jaded against Trump because of her environmentalist tendencies. I have absolutely no problem seeing past our ideological divide since it really isn't all that big. Plus she isn't (yet) a U.S. citizen, so her opinions on U.S. politics are purely academic. Plus she's an artist who is extremely redpilled about her own fallibility (see caption of pic related.) Which is an EXTREMELY welcome thing to see in this day and age desu.

Corporatist/fascist here.

I think neo-futurism is fuckin great.

I just hope y'all know your fuckin cyber-utopia of neon lights and endless partying is only possible in the environment of Western high culture. Ha.

all high culture*

here's a protip: the sultans of old spent their days in palaces tripping balls on psychadelics and hashish.

if further east wasnt so autistic their nobility would probably part hardy too.

I've only been listening to Grimes almost exclusively every day for the past month. She and her music are the only things that make me feel anything anymore... help

Doesn't the royalty of the Gulf Arab countries spend their time raping and partying in Europe?

I'm weaning myself off Grimes with some good old Type O Negative.

I'm still having withdrawals, but baby steps are the key.

shes a retarded monkey

*Grimes white knight defense force assembles*

More their own countries, actually. But they will show up to American and European parties every now and then. Where the fuck else are they going to go?

The rest of Asia doesn't party. Australia and South Africa sucks and they don't go to South America for obvious reasons.

Also partying isn't really a "high culture" thing in the slightest. High culture parties fucking suck, they are basically luncheons with wine. No drugs to speak of, and having more than a few glasses of wine will end up with you being ostracized for the evening.

Fuck upper echelon parties. They are so sterile and stilted I've gone to 4 different such occasions in my life and it always feels like a huge waste of time. Welcome to the world of old money, filled with dipshit gold diggers popping xanax every hour and creepy old men who lost touch with reality decades ago. Everybody exists in some stupid fantasy land that's fake as fuck and completely based around the formalization of manners.

le bump

AA is sold out in the Grimes store, so i gotta buy it from Amazon.

I'll buy the hoodie from the store.

What does the hoodie look like

it just says "Grimes" on it in cursive, but otherwise its just a half cotton/half polyester black hoodie.

i can't pull off the sleeveless hoodie, no rippling muscles here desu.

i hope our grimey is sleeping well

the "grimes" isn't that red logo with the heart is it?

store.grimesmusic.com/hoodies

page not found

i want to buy a Grimes phone case, but im a grown man and not an edgy teeny anymore.

so i'm just going to get the plain black sweater and maybe the tank top.

>16x16 AA art print

hmm what is dis

How do you rationalize Tokyo then? They are where that idea fucking comes from

Not only is Grimes a disgusting cunt, but her ""music"" is complete garbage also!

take my money

i have supported Grimes with my money, and I am no longer a free loader.

Thank you Grimes.

>implying grimes will have any money from that merch

Fuck, why not. I'm canceling

i would have just bought art angels but it's sold out on the grimes store.

I didn't know that the merch and music would be different in their financial supporting of Grimes.

idk, but i wouldn't be sure about that

grimes looks exactly like this girl i knew in high school and she was a little crazy and a bit of a mess and i'm certain grimes is a lovely person in real life but i'm always a little weirded out because she reminds me SO much of someone i would rather not be reminded of

Because the merch store, her label and lots of other things will all take a cut and Grimes will get like $5 out of my $70 huh.

Thats dumb. I just wanted to support the artist for making AA.

It is more money than she gets from Spotify and iTunes.
It's probably more money than she makes from vinyl sales.

It's not about the merch, I just got it because yolo and support Grimes. I didn't think about all the middle men that will take a cut as it filters down.

I would have just rather donated what I spent directly and just bought AA off Amazon.

But I'm not going to cancel my order I just hope she'll get a reasonable cut of it.

same here. i would just give all my money to her if i could

Honestly the merch is a reasonable investment, assuming you aren't a NEET it will at the very least provide some nonaggressive press to your social circles. Merch and tickets are a huge income source for most artists nowadays.

I'd donate $100 directly but not if my $100 becomes cut 3 ways and Grimes is left with $10 out of my original $100.

It's done I'm not canceling my order. But had I known about the middle manning I would have just bought AA only.

i mean, people who make the shirts gotta get paid too, that's just how it works

I don't have social circles, I would just wear it inside mostly.

Anyway this all started because of I know my money will support her so I'm not going to think about it any more.

Not a neet.

Yeah

Scream is the worst grimes song

I like it.

Been listening to Butterfly and Pin.

If Grimes asked her fans for a dollar each, would you give her one?

I just spent $70 on """merch""" I coulda made myself with supplies from good will.

Yes I'd give her more than a few. It would be easy if artists had their own little paypal anonymous donation box that sends all donations directly to them.

This middle man culture in music is cancer.

That's just how the record industry works, they're the ones who gets wealthy off the hype created by the music of the artist when fans buy CDs or merchandise, thinking their money is supporting the artist.

But all the money gets pooled into the label, and they pay the artist whatever out of the total sales pool.

>not a NEET
>don't have social circles

challenging case

What is Grimes net worth? Is she the richest indie pop artist today?

Sorry Grimes, I think Art Angels is the best album in years and I just wanted to support you but you're working for the man too, just like I am.

Love ya

Is that even a question? Sure, I would even donate all my organs to her.

Looks like a deer caught in head lights.

Art Angels is a masterpiece. But she's a label pig now.

She's all about them moneys now senpai

Everyone is. Everyone grows up. She gave us a treasure.

She's obviously all about the art and has even consistenly made efforts to making everything in her brand more affordable.

>But she's a label pig now.
not true, she still does what she wants

No regrets, considering Art Angels was produced under her label.

Like she kept it in her heart and finally got it down in AA.

They produced it out from Grimes. Grimes and her label are one.

sounds like working at mcdonalds

bullshit. AA is what Grimes always wanted to make since her first attempts to make music and she finally made it

She did, absolutely. But her label helped her, or at least provided the needed environment and encouragement for Grimes to pull Art Angels from nothing.

Her label takes good care of Grimes. It's a symbiotic thing and I take back some of the things I've said. I'm kinda in love and fell into a hysteria over Grimes in a committed relationship with a masculine entity, even if that entity happens to be her employer.

> her label helped her, or at least provided the needed environment
dude, she produced it in her bedroom

Oh god, I never used to like Grimes, but these fuckin threads Im starting to like some of her stuff...

Oh.

Ok well if she wants a dollar from me directly I'll give her 10. I'm salty over buying overpriced merch thinking it'll support her. It does but after cuts.

Art Angels.