20y/o used to be basement op. Existential crisis thread

20y/o used to be basement op. Existential crisis thread.
Living life is pointless if we are just dead in the end, so if you don't believe in a god or afterlife, how do you get through the day?

Poor widdle millennial. Didums snowflake only get one participation ribbon in nursery school today?

i dont understand how this is a millennial problem.
I fear death because i know life is pretty pointless, and i am scared of living because it also feels stupid if we just die in the end and get forgotten in 100 years.

thinking about your death gets me through the day

Enjoying the little things. Coffee and cigs are my vice. I can't enjoy those things if I'm dead. And if there is an afterlife, great! I'll continue to enjoy those things.

same.

do some LSD

You're a sheltered stupid child raised by a cum dumpster single mother and a waste of life by proxy. Just kill yourself faggot and quit crying.

i have. and shrooms, and dxm. they were all mind altering for sure, but they kinda set me into thinking this way. just kinda, when its over its over, and i never talk about my great great relatives, i dont even know their names.

Life is pointless if your just forgotten 100 years from now, and its truly just black screen at the end, no memories, no sense of the life you lived.

suicidal ideation is the sign of a weak mind. go melt snowflake. go melt

Find distractions. Form habits.
Mechanical habits will get your through the day.
Distractions and sleep will get you through the night.

Then, eventually, you will die.
This is how you get through life. It is a game to be played; not a game to be won.

Because doing cool shit is fun. Eating some tasty fuckin food, listening to some good music, adventuring to new locations, watching/playing some hockey etc. Maybe life is meaningless but who cares. There's plenty of good stuff on this planet to keep me well occupied.

>i
probably best advice ive heard.
I just have a strive to do something great, and i know its not really a possibility. so living a mundane paycheck to paycheck life seems shitty anyways.

just live and dont think about what happens at the end.

I find the thought of death comforting. I can end this shit whenever I want to. I'm just seeing where this ride takes me, but if it gets any more bumpy I'll be hopping off soon.

Thats what im worried about..
ive tackled suicide before as a legitimate thought, and i dont want it to ever actually happen and ruin my chances of having one of those life changing moments that makes everything better.

so what is the point of this thread? do you want people to serve up meaning for you on a platter? do you want people to validate and reinforce your shitty emotions? do you just want a buddy to wallow with you in your pit?

i'm genuinely interested in what you are trying to get out of this thread?

Get a dog, find a hobby, and then smoke weed and eat taco bell. Not that hard to find something to do.

Your right. its pretty meaningless. trying to avoid depression by communicating with peers, as i have a friend group of like 2 people.

you mean "used to be a base men top" faggot

its only pointless if you think it is. of course chasing fulfillment or happiness is not just your struggle, the majority of humanity are completely empty husks with little to no meaning. Only reason most the world gets up is to pay the bills or they die.

So to get through the day, do stuff you enjoy. distractions, tv, music, videogames, sports, work, sex etc. If we dont keep ourselves occupied we go insane. At least the human beings that actually question their very existence. average population is so dumbed down waking up and *insert routine here* is programmed deeply within them.

If you cannot find anything to enjoy in life then you have my sincere empathy. good luck user

and you wonder why you're depressed? i swear if you spent as much time actively bettering your life as you do complaining about it you would be happier within 2 weeks.

Atheist here, I get through each day by realizing that their is nothing after death but the mark you make on this world. You have to live each day, enjoy it. Only one lifetime

>feels like bait
i only complain to Sup Forums ive been actively bettering my life for the last 3 months. No longer living in a basement. Still just feels empty and shit.

If you stopped coming here to a website that you geeks worship, thinking your some sort of elite breed that uses 'Sup Forums' only terms that only origins u understand then yes! Life is pretty pointless.

Try getting out! I swear that you have to be 28 plus to remember what a football field or a pair of tits in the flesh looks like.

You don't have to do anything great. You just gotta do the right thing. If you feel your own life is pointless then live for others. Do community service, volunteer work, or any other kinds of charity. Maybe with those as an outlet you'll find something that makes your life seem worth it as well.

not if he's already trying kill himself lol.

You are shit. Kill yourself.

dont fall for others delusions of success and happiness. by following the coat tails of others you will at best be second place. You feel empty but so do many other in this world. You realize something is wrong. What is it? that is up to you to figure out. Truth is you may never find an answer for that void. Most never do. That is the reality of life in todays society. so much for being the most advanced civilization ever aye?

First off, get off of Sup Forums. Secondly start reading( anything), just to get your mind flowing with ideas and thoughts. Then workout. Life's a journey dude, your only 20

checked and confirmed good advice.

also not bait, how can i know you are any different in your day-to-day life than the image you present yourself as here? have you tried high-dosing shrooms?

Checked and very true user

>Living life is pointless
Correct.
>if we are just dead in the end
That's not the reason why it's pointless.
>if you don't believe in a god
There is no such thing
>or afterlife
There's no such thing, either.
>how do you get through the day?
Simple: Wake up, go to work, come back home, try to have some fun, go to sleep, repeat.

It's not that hard.

hit me with that edge child, no worries tho kingdom awaits

>No such thing as God or afterlife
Can I see your proof?

Here's a (You) for each one of you.

don't bother he's misguided, born to a family that doesn't practice. Never forced by any peers or believers become one with god after help during hard times. Its hard for some people to understand but there's also people that succumb to ignorance first.

or you can do whatever you want in this world without violating the "golden rule" Don't be so pessimistic, there are millions of interesting things to learn about and do before you die. Dont cut yourself short. This is your earth to brother.

Hey OP
Off topic
But you're pretty cute
Especially your eyes (:
Do you live in the US?

wow, so edgy.

Weed and adventure

Thank god someone with a sensible opinion. Asking for life advice on /b is like asking for sexual disease preventions from a sex worker. Surround yourself with people you want to be. Humans need humans, not through the internet, actual face to face contact and communication.

>you can do whatever you want in this world
Yeah, no. That's not how things work in real life.

>pessimistic
It's realism, not pessimism.

>This is your earth
>implying

All the more reason to enjoy this life, if there's nothing afterwards.

You really think the only thing worth living is having people remember you after 100 years? Ridiculous. Live for the moment. Experience every fap as if it's your last, because if you think there's nothing after this, might as well enjoy it while you can.

>dismissing a question he can't answer as bait
>dat ad hominim doe

don't use my post as fuel for your bait

>like asking for sexual disease preventions from a sex worker
Assuming they've been doing it for any period of time, and they're still clean, I'd say a sex worker who's any good at their job would know way, way more than your average person.

A lot of STDs are fatal, so sex workers who are 'tards don't last long.

Greatness is relative. Doing something great could be living a life filled with goodness. Doing kindness towards others is incredibly rewarding. Try it, if you haven't. Give food to the homeless, or some shit like that. Most of the folks on here will tell you to kill yourself or something along those lines - you think that gives them joy? Of course not.

i do.
i smoke weed alot. currently doing so.
Thats all we really can do, those thoughts are just frequent in my head.

Hey bro, life isn't pointless, God is a cool guy if he's real, I don't believe in bugging him. If He's not, don't worry about it.
Life may be the only chance you get to have fun, so live it up, I posted earlier I like weed and adventure. Smoke a bit and walk around town or go now hike think about fun Shit, and then go do it. Don't waste life thinking about the end of it.
>also 20
>went through the same thing

Is it Hawaii?
I'd like to start a relationship with you if so

I feel jaded to the world. I want homeless people to ahve homes, but im not willing to help build them. Life is just a wacky adventure.

oh god kill it with fire.

Your clearly a depressed individual, which does not make you less than. All it mean is that you haven't had enough positive experiences in this life to say that you enjoy it. Maybe you need medicine or a blow job. Who know maybe you could use some exercise outside of typing on boards all day. Try communicating with your brothers and sisters on this weird place we called earth, you might enjoy some things.

Op don't be tard....if everybody thought like that, nothing would get done and the human race would go caput. You are accomplishing shit in your life so you can keep the human race moving...go discover something and make life more interesting for the future.

Just realize you only have one life, so don't throw it away like a fag. Do what you need to do and don't ever do anything you don't want to do

Ok, you can have another one. Here, another (You). I hope you're happy now, I don't have many more of those left.

(OP)

Your Loved!

This shit right here.

Okay, seriously?
Do you genuinely think anyone can be anything?

NEWSFLASH: Retards can't be physicists, people who don't have arms can't compete in the regular olympics, and the poor can't get basic medical care. That's not pessimism. That's observation.

Some people don't have one thing they'd be "really great at". Some people really are kinda shit at everything. They're not smart, or strong, or have a body particularly good for anything. They got dealt a shitty genetic hand, and the best they can do with it is end it all quickly- like people with severe autism, microcephaly, or Down's. They're not contributing to either themselves or society at large.

Why would you kill that cutie with fire?

I'm serious when I say this, get a dog. Get a baby puppy and raise it. Literally you will actually feel like you matter to someone for once.

Same boat

>Your clearly a depressed individual
Therapist of the year, right here, folks. He was able to diagnosed the state of my mental health after reading less than 10 sentences.

>you haven't had enough positive experiences in this life
Did you take that out of your ass too? Like the depression diagnose?

>you need medicine or a blow job
Doctor of the year.

>you could use some exercise
Read above

>typing on boards all day
Dat projection.

>Try communicating with your brothers and sisters
Nope. Fuck them.

>on this weird place
Compared to what?

>you might enjoy some things
>implying I don't

Why am I taking so many baits today? Holy shit.

Enjoy the little things.

I like iced caramel latte when it's hot outside, so when it's hot outside, I'll go to a nice little cafe near my place that is shady and a little hidden from most and have my fix.

Also, I'm a personal trainer, working with people, seeing them improve and become happier with themselves and accomplishing things they thought impossible gives me a deep satisfaction. My work does not feel like work, when I'm training my clients, it feels like I'm hanging out with friends doing things together.

Maybe that's the key, to not make it all about you, find people out there that need your help, go contribute to the society etc - this will make your life worthwhile in my opinion.

get a job you useless faggot

You don't have a to be a genus particle physicist to have fulfillment in this world. They're are plenty of avenues people with less educational background can take. You judge yourself too much. Instead of botching about what you don't like about yourself, why don't you find other ways to better yourself. You will never do that with the attitude of a shitty "genetic hand" . Try being born in Africa and then have some real problems faggot.

>Living life is pointless if we are just dead in the end, so if you don't believe in a god or afterlife, how do you get through the day?

Looking at it another way, if this is the only life you get, why would you NOT want to live it to the fullest and make it as meaningful and happy as possible?

/thread

i have one.

Fuck yea bro, you op or some other flag?

>I'm a personal trainer,
...because you're an idiot.

>My work does not feel like work
...because you don't have a real job.

>Enjoy the little things
...is the kind of platitude we've all come to expect from this living proof that ignorance really is bliss.

>My work does not feel like work
>...because you don't have a real job.

brutal. lol

You're a real grumpy grump.
Personal trainer is a cool fucking job, I'm not one because I'm a blubbery sack of Shit, but just because you're full of useless information that hasn't helped you get anywhere, doesn't mean you have to pretend to have a big dick.

hmm.. maybe you should just kill yourself then? Idk You can help someone who doesn't want to helped.

>just because you're full of useless information that hasn't helped you get anywhere
I make six figures, Roid Rogers.
My bank accounts have bank accounts.

Damn it ricky, what have i told you. You cant just smoke nd sell dope all day. You need your grade 10

Lol k

Oh, my! You got me there man. You know what? You're right, there's no point in living anymore after reading that.

brb kms.

You really think every other person in the entire world is either the same age, or younger than you, don't you?

If you are of average intelligence, which I hope is true, then you can do just about anything you want as long as you try. Think about it, most famous people are fucking stupid and they still did something with their life. That's what gives me hope, just knowing that if idiots can succeed, I have nothing to worry about. If everyone had that mind set we wouldn't be as advanced as we are now. If you don't want to be forgotten, do something great instead of bitching about how you think you can't when you are only 20 and haven't even applied yourself fully to anything yet. If you see problems, aim to fix them instead of bitching about it. That's what I hate about our generation. Kys and take your cancerous mindset with you.

LOL

Personal Trainer = not a real job?

You have no idea you sad sack of shit. You're probably thinking I'm some meathead with veins popping everywhere, yelling in people's faces "DO 100 MORE REPS!! BRAAH!!"

Well, you're wrong as fuck. And the job pays well.

>living proof that ignorance really is bliss.
Dubs don't lie. The fact that there are "personal trainers" and "life coaches" on this Earth is further evidence that Absurdism is Truth.

But legit you look like a young ricky from trailer park boys. Im afraid your only path in life is that mate.

Not op but I like the way you think. Even if there's not an after life just try to enjoy life.

Other user

Awesome bro, spread the peace, love life and fucking rock on.

Same to you, my user friend.

I don't think anyone in this thread is thinking about you at all. Your autism is showing through your words. lol

what the fuck this is not a cringe thread stop taking his bait. its too obvious he played you for a fool

No, I think you're some deluded idiot who thinks reminding people to breathe every couple minutes, and then showing them how to use some obvious piece of equipment, is a job that needs to be done and can't be trivially automated.

You're like a receptionist; people hire you simply to show off that they can afford to hire you. It's conspicuous consumption. You don't fill a meaningful need. You are window-dressing in the lives of those who fall into the intersection of people with boring interests, and people with disposable income.

I help people when i can. They appreciate me and then i get a warm fuzzy

I make fun of everything and try to entertain myself as the time passed till my inevitable doom

100% kek'd

>>>reddit.com

stop making this board even shittier than it already is.

You done fuckin killed me.

>mfw in millenial generation but feel totally diferento to that cancerous cultural and socioecnomical scum
Sometimes i feel so lonely in this sea of total inepts

start dancing in the chaos and smile as everything tries to kill you.

>tfw your shitty job doesnt allow you to do that shit
Suicide is a very tempting option

Spite for those who need religion or a 'cause'