youtu.be/gCEo7SCvYH4?t=1m45s
youtu.be/97dBfdNrf9A
youtu.be/7vlcuvrM1po
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The Dark Knight Rises

The charge at Helms Deep was far more unrealistic

/Thread

DELETE THIS

can we at least agree the cgi was shit in all the tlotr movies?

>an angel leads a calvary charge against a horde of corrupted elves

>unrealistic

n-no

>literally created Massive
>set the bar for MCS with Gollum
>set the bar for production value and sets

Kill yourself pleb.

Just because you were 2 years old when LOTR came out, doesnt mean it wasnt amazing.

Fucking faggot here's your (you) kill yourself

its amazing how stupid so many things in this movie are and yet you get so inmersed in it and not even mind shit like swords cutting through armor like butter and legolas flying on top of a shield

Not a cavalry charge but almost the same thing - orcs charging a fortified, bristling line of dwarves only for elves to leap over that defensive line and directly fight the charging orcs with their little swords.

>the small scale single subject CGI was good
>therefore the rest is completely unassailable

Not how it works. Hell, once you look past the stellar performance of Andy Serkis, even gollum looks like shit most times.

Heres your (you).

Even jackson admits the CGI was pretty bad, but serkis' performance was mainly what sold it.

But, hey, why would a lotr obsessive actually watch the special features?

It was such a terrible movie.

I was so mad when that happened. Fucking elves trying to be ninja at everything.

no I was an adult when tlotr came out and lots of the cgi looked as bad then as it does now

>implying shit like that didn't happen in real life

1200 cavalry units charge -> 6000 enemies dead

Only 12 attacking casualties

The Spaniards were a hell of an enemy during their golden century.

user, this is Sup Forums.
No one here knows shit about anything.

considering i'm a pole, check out some hussary battles, mostly the ones against Turks. In terms of numbers, the statistics are just marvelous.

what a century, indeed. I would've feel proud of my country back then. now it's just a fucking shithole.

*hussars. Mostly the Battle of Klushino.

youtu.be/gCEo7SCvYH4?t=1m45s

Plus the horses that Rohan uses are special kind of horses that were blessed by the gods or something

The MCS may have been impressing but Gollum always looked out of place.

I think what OP is saying is that the formations, or lack there off, is what is retarded.

Armies who simply lined up like in OPs pic would usually get their shit wrecked by armies of equal numbers but with better leadership.

Pic related

I thought their horses were literally horse gods?

Cavalry is used to give the final blow to morale and rout the enemy or exploit huge flaws in the enemy's formation. Not riding into a huge army of monsters carrying 6 meter spears and that somehow don't know how to turn 90° clockwise and point their spears in the general direction of a bunch of unarmored horses in disarray.

Shadowfax is the last of the horses blessed by the Valar. The rest of Rohan just has extremely good cavalry, from horse archers to lancers. Gondor has some amazing heavy cav but no where near the numbers of Rohan

FPBP

Peter Jackson didnt give a shit. He thought horses riding down an almost vertical sloper into pikes or across a huge empty plain would look better than an infantry charge or cavalry vs cavalry clash.

In Lord of the Rings when Aragron charged forth and the ghost army appeared behind him.

Ghosts aren't real.

Yes, the wizard and the orcs were slightly unrealistic.

Too bad war epics are dead
youtu.be/97dBfdNrf9A

youtu.be/7vlcuvrM1po

It was pretty bad in some places (like the end scene where gandalf and frodo leave, you can practically see the green screen), but then again the trilogy is pretty ancient by now so I don't have a point of reference from that time.

That's the only time I remember being put off by the CGI though.

Did you miss the part where they were charging down a fucking ridiculous 45 degree slope?

The only good cgi was smeagol which frankly still blows my mind how well he still looks today

Waterloo was fucking amazing.
slav infantry division > cgi

to get more speed lol

looks amazing