Post albums that would still sound unique and new even if released today

Post albums that would still sound unique and new even if released today

how? While I still love this album it sounds fairly generic and bland given the year it came out.

name an album from 1999 similar to emergency and i

It just sounds like unremarkable alternative rock music. Seriously off the top of my head I can name Pavement, Built to Spill, The Flaming Lips and The Stone Roses (little earlier than the late 90's, I know) who all sound similar.

Pretty much any AnCo album

They sound nothing like any of those bands. Did you even listened to the album.

Yes I even listened to the album. If you really can't see any glaring similarities between Dismemberment Plan and pretty much any alternative rock band from the 90's, let alone concede the fact that Emergency and I was not unique then nor would it be unique now, there's no further conversation to be had.

Well, yeah they were all alternative rock bands but how the fuck they sound similar to you besides from Built to Spill. If you even said Radiohead I'd accepted your opinion but Pavement, Flaming Lips, fucking jangle-pop stone roses, come on. If you can't distinguish Dismemberment Plan from a whole bunch of alternative rock bands from 90s your argument is surely invalid in this thread due to your lack of basic hearing abilities.

This isn't a question as to whether or not distinctions can be made between Dismemberment Plan and other artists. It's whether or not Emergency and I was unique and whether that would carry over into the modern day. And it wouldn't. And you seem to agree with me.
> how the fuck they sound similar to you besides from Built to Spill
And if you're willing to admit they sound like Built to Spill I don't understand how you can't admit they sound like Pavement or Flaming Lips, primarily early Flaming Lips. I'll admit I aint even know the fuck I was on typing down Stone Roses but I was listening to them at the time.

this

is there any similar album?

Half Japanese - 1,000,000 Kisses kinda reminds me of this album, but all their other songs are kinda shit

it would still sound like an avalanches ripoff but people would appreciate it anyways after wildflower semi-flopped

E&I sounds fuck all like any of these bands, are you new to music or something?

Vocally it's actually pretty ahead of its time because that snotty college student style he has became popular with a lot of early-mid 00s college/ indie bands. Instrumentally it sounds closer to a Dischord band playing quirky pop rock songs (IDK if TDP were ever on Dischord but they clearly took a lot of influence from the 90s post-hardcore scene)

I seriously wonder if you've ever listened to this album or any of the bands you listed if you think they sound remotely similar beyond being 'rock albums released in the 90s'

You too, this sounds nothing like The Avalanches. The closest mainstream companion is probably Junior Senior, too anyone who remembers the song 'Move Your Feet' it has a lot in common with this band's sound but with considerably better production

For real, Sup Forums is showing itself to be really bad at music itt

How do i into this album, user? It's not clicking to me. I bought this at a drift store for two bucks.

Literally the only thing in this entire thread that doesn't have any copies or similar sounding artists

cause it sucks lol

it's just an amalgamation of a bunch of 50's/60's americana pop tropes

wtf this was released not more than a year ago