Start smoking to see if you have the mental discipline to stop

>Start smoking to see if you have the mental discipline to stop

Has anyone here done this?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/1987/03/29/magazine/nicotine-harder-to-kickthan-heroin.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yeah, started around when I started college. Didn't stop till just after I graduated.
Looking back it was pretty stupid but realizing what addiction really was I never did any hard shit in college at least.

No, sounds pretty stupid.
Are you an idiot?

I would love to do this, so i could say that it's just willpower

No, but I started so I would die of cancer. I tried to an hero and failed. Put my loved ones through too much pain. They blamed themselves. Too pussy to quick an hero again so I started smoking. Now, when I get cancer and die, my loved ones can blamed tobacco companies. That was 11 years ago. I'm sticking to the plan

i smoked 3 cigarettes for that reason OP, i didn't see the appeal and stopped

I started weed for this reason. I've been clean since January

Yes but I'd never do it myself. I just remembered this gem.

I've been able to smoke only 1-2 cigs per month, just for the hell of it.

fapping on the other hand...

>killing yourself by smoking for decades hoping to get cancer which you might not even die from, just suffer a lot.

Are you retarded?

You can legally deny treatment from a hospital and even sue if they treat you. This is on the basis that the treatment will put you through more pain and make your life miserable to a point of not worth living. Things like chemotherapy for example falls into that classification as it isnt a guarantee

its like sucking dicks to see if it turns you gay.
kinda makes sense but is retarded.

It is retarded, but it works for me. Pretty sure I can use enough drugs to deal with the pain of cancer. I was a heroin addict for 3 years so I know the power of opiates, sedatives and weed. Anyway, refuse hospitalization, get a bunch of drugs prescribed and top that up with illegal stuff and I reckon it would not be such a bad way to go

Of course. You're not so special as you think you are, faggot.

yaeh, started about 5 yrs ago, never stopped

Started doing this with alcohol.

Tougher to quit than I imagined actually.

lol cigarettes are easy af

try IVing high quality heroin or meth every day for a month, then "quit'

Teja?

I'm a roof tile?

didn't start smoking to see if I could stop, but I stopped anyway. Do I win?

No, you're just mostly irrelevant and try to butt your way in into other peoples conversation

i have IV'ed heroin AND meth for over five years, and i can tell you from experience that cigarettes are far harder to quit.

at least for a nice speedball i have to organise numbers and hookups and meets etc. can take weeks, you end up withdrawing and can get away with never touching the stuff again (sober since January, on methadone tho)

i have yet to beat nicotine withdrawal, been smoking for about fifteen years

but I had the mental discipline to stop, without having to test myself. In fact because I didn't intend to stop originally, I'd say it was more difficult for me, as I had to change as a person.

Yeah but that wasn't what we were talking about. You didn't go full retard and fucked up your health. You're just someone who has stopped smoking. It's an accomplishment sure, but it doesn't make you special.

Yes I did it for a couple of months straight after a harsh break up. I wanted to prove to myself it was stupid. So I smoked just about a half pack a day. It was pretty easy to stop. I never picked up a cig since then. But every once in a while I do get a craving. But I just use heroine to fight of any thoughts of smoking.

So, you started with the intent to stop? Your "mental discipline" already had about a 50 year effort of stopping before you started then.
Try doing it with something socially unacceptable with REAL physical withdrawl issues, like heroine.

I picked up a nasty cocaine habit to see if I could afford it. The wife and kids are homeless, but I have my answer.

yep smoked a pack a day for 4 months straight when I was 21. Didn't have cravings or anything when I quit. Pretty sure you have to weak mentally to be so completely addicted to the things which is why I feel no sympathy for cigarette smokers. They are clearly mentally deficient or retarded.

Bullshit. May be true for you but not for me. Daily heroin for years and quit cold turkey. Smoking was comparably easy to quit for me. There are almost no withdrawals form nicotine. It's jut that your brain keeps screaming out that it needs you to smoke. Opiates on the other hand have crazy bad withdrawals. I think it's easier to quit smokes for the first 72 hours than opiates. Then, after a week or two, it's harder to avoid smoking than opiates. That's just me though. Both are hard to quit. I just found smoking easier to stop

It has been known for a long time that cigarettes are actually harder to quit than opiates.

nytimes.com/1987/03/29/magazine/nicotine-harder-to-kickthan-heroin.html

I've wondered what it would be like to do this before. Not that I care to actually try.

Depends on the person. Having quit both, for me, smokes were easier in the short term, harder in the long term. But still, overall, easier to quit

they're just easier to pick up again

I hear you. I smoked for almost 10 years. Moved in with a chick that couldn't stand it and I stopped. No gum; nothing.

Yeah. I got myself pretty badly addicted. I enjoy months without smoking. But I always come back. The ritual of it really appeals to me. Ah well.

yup i did, and i stopped smoking
i only smoke when im pretty drunk nowadays

smoked from the time I was 18 until about 21. Quitting was pretty hard but I did it without nicotine replacement or anything.

Just keep in mind that like 50% of the hot girls you meet won't want anything to do with you if you're a cigarette smoker.

The other 50% will just think you are a rapist creep of some sort. That goes up to 100% after you quit smoking

hey thats not nice :(

Some women like rapist creeps. I've never met one, but they exist I've been told. I was told so by a drunk old man once. You're chances of appealing to a woman who likes rapist creeps doubles once you quit smoking. Simple maths. Didn't mean to be mean :)