How do I write good melodies?

how do I write good melodies?
how do I write good music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zK1mLIeXwsQ
clyp.it/v20mgnmh
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

tfw laurel's one of my fav producers but her twitter is insufferable bullshit

do it alot , play with scales and try figuring out what it is that makes a good melody work

yeah yeah
if you don't know any music theory, learn some

when you listen to music, really pull it apart in your mind. analyze what makes it good.

to write melodies, seriously just fiddle with an instrument you're comfortable with until you find something good. if you can't play any instrument use a random number generator or something

Is this the new "How do I write music like him"?

>KKB shilling everyday
>Laurel Halo posting

Looks like we're on our way to making Sup Forums great again. :)

this is not a meme
i'm unironically looking for answers

Steal. But not from the genre you're making, steal from a completely different genre and translate it to your genre.

it's mostly quirky silliness

but you asked the same thing with an image of the same musician just the other day

good melodies like marshmellow and bloodpop? or good like radiohead and deadmau5?

There are no melodies in deadmau5's music

youtube.com/watch?v=zK1mLIeXwsQ

Saw Laurel Halo the night of the massacre in Paris where ISIS killed 70 people in a club or something.
At midnight everyone knew about it and she seemed visibly upset, then some dude kept yelling her name trying to get her attention and tossed a piece of paper on her board, probably his number or something.

She glanced at it for a second and quickly flicked it off the desk.
Was epic.

Before her Andy Stott played an EPIC set, greatest live music I've ever heard.

radiohead

andy scott is great live

listen to nothing but paul mccartney and brian wilson

clyp.it/v20mgnmh
critique this melody

>clyp.it/v20mgnmh
Autism?

sleep tight comfy tommy

>marshmellow
trash

agreed
its like she thinks she can make post-whitegurl-entitlement a transgressive thing and she'll sarcastically hashtag #DJ'sComplaining but desu she IS that classically trained trust fund kiddo from a wealthy home that she wants to bat down

she really is a great artist but please sober up and stop being such a cliche Laurel

variation, repetition

yo
delete this

come on..

STOP POSTING MY WAIFU REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEee

Sounds like something someone who's never played the piano before would play

she def needs to lay off the drugs

Almost every single famous DJ who isn't from the hood is a rich trust fund kid tho.

Don't ask Sup Forums

Sounds like it's out of context. The big leap feels unnatural, but it could work depending on the context.

Try to instead of repeating the exact same thing use the phrases to climb between the steps of the scale, ending on different ones. It helps to know some harmony for this, but just trying to develop a direction for the melody is a first good step.

Well it's a melody

Now what about some harmony

what is KKB?

Honestly the best thing you can do, other than learn theory side by side, is deconstructing music you like and trying to figure out why it works the way it does

people who are good at what they do, whether it's engineering or sculpture or music or toenail collecting are universal enthusiasts. They have a sense of what they like, what they hate, why, and how it could be improved or played with.

Copy, absorb, deconstruct, reconstruct. Solve et coagula

This, particularly if you learn by ear. Everything's going to feel stiff and robotic until it's second nature which is when your intuition gets to come into play.

Develop your ear. Learn those intervals, arpeggiate those chords. Try to sing along, run through your scales with a drone (IE play D Major while a D note plays in the background) and practice with a metronome.

It's that hard and that easy.