I fucking love this album. At first I was like "eh...

I fucking love this album. At first I was like "eh... it's alright" but I've since realized that every note on this album is pretty much perfection.

If anybody else loves this album there's an instrumental mix you should check out: youtube.com/watch?v=TqR-s1hA-qQ

1980s glossy pop shit, if I'm honest

Yeah it's pretty much the best Psychedelia album of the entire 1980s.
Bad opinion

albums with one good song am i right?

Top 3 Songs on this?
>Summer's Cauldron
>1000 Umbrellas
>Grass or Seaon Cycle (can't choose)

>that transition from summer's cauldron into grass
One of the best feel-good moments in music m80

My God is pretty great too.

Fuck, Dear God. Thinking of Tull.

>Earn Enough for us
>The Man Who Sailed Around His Soul
>Sacrificial Bonfire

Yeah that transition is honestly one of the best transitions I've ever heard, knew then that I was in for something special

They'd probably be next after the songs I mentioned, so many fantastic songs on this album though

ballet for a rainy day>1000 umbrellas is GOAT too

At the first glance the cover looks like an act of fellatio.

It would be a 10\10 if it wasn't for the stupid lyrics of Dear God.

fuck, completely forgot that, might be as good as the summer's cauldron>grass transition. Really a very well made album, not just a collection of songs

>best anything of the 80's
>impressive

Don't mind me, just XTC's best album coming thru ;)

>Yeah it's pretty much the best Psychedelia album of the entire 1980s.
Idiotic.

I like Grass
haven't listened to anymore of the album than that...

True, though i dont think it was originally on there so ive deleted it from my remastered version. Does spoil it a bit though.
I think its a well made album with great hooks and production but it does seem a bit lifeless on the whole i feel, everything is a bit too tight and produced maybe although it does sound really good.

>how to spot a pleb

>Yeah it's pretty much the best Psychedelia album of the entire 1980s.
What a dumb thing to say

Hahah, it's so weird people have opinions that happen to be different than yours!! Hahaha! plebieans, am I right? *sips wine with pinky up* Yes, post-avant jazzcore is objectively the best genre, no? Hahahah!

It's been a long time since I kept myself up to date on my useless XTC trivia but Dear God was a single that got really popular at the time the album came out but wasn't on it. Kinda like New Order with Blue Monday.

I was gonna talk out of my ass and say US pressings might have come with Dear God tacked on at the end (Geffen Records had a way of shitting up US releases of XTC albums), but I just checked my copy and it ends on Sacrificial Bonfire as it should. That might have started on CD reissues of the album cause why not.
Just don't bother with the American version if you try to buy the record. They condensed it to a single LP and rearranged the whole album. The UK double LP pressing like I've got is embossed and beautiful.
If you like XTC doing psychedelic music in the 80's check out the stuff they did as Dukes of the Stratospear. They made two EP's which were then stitched together as an album called Chips from the Chocolate Fireball. Not as impactful as Skylarking but is still good fun.

Oh man that picture is way older than I thought. I've had Dukes of the Stratosphear - 25 O'Clock for like two years now. Havent had any money to collect records since I went back to college.

Managed to find this one but it's still missing one of my copies of Mummur. Used to have a bunch of side by side photos of my US/UK pressings to show how much better the Virgin pressings are compared to the US Geffin records, should re-do that sometime...

No, you're a fucking idiot.

An album that is so vaguely "psychedelic" that it only rivals Around The World in a Day is not "the best psychedelia album of the entire 1980s".

The only way anybody could possibly say this is if they know fuck all about music. There are maybe THREE songs on Skylarking that could even be considered psychedelic.

>There are maybe THREE songs
this. skylarking is about as psychedelic as billy joel's nylon curtain album

Ok, that's your opinion though. Why are you so pissed off that someone thinks this is a great album? Why can't you just let the guy listen to his music?

the assertion that this is a great album is not what is being refuted... it's the assertion that this album is the best 80s psychedelia.

What the fuck does this have to do with enjoying the music? Are you really this stupid? I haven't said a single fucking thing bad about Skylarking. Someone made the claim that this was the "the best psychedelia album of the entire 1980s". Skylarking is vaguely psychedelic, at best. This is not an opinion. Quite frankly I don't think you belong on this board.