Ameriphat moving to Czech Republic next year

Ameriphat moving to Czech Republic next year.

Anyone been there?

Other urls found in this thread:

cesta.cz/default.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Czech'um

I live in this shithole( jk it's actually kinda nice here, just stay away from the hillbillies for at least 2 years after moving here so you won't suffer that much of a culture shock).
Where are you moving to?

If thats not a sign, I don't know what is.

Prague, but also looking at jobs in Brno

What hillbillies

I live in Brno, know a few people who moved into Brno from foreign countries and prefer Brno over Prague. If you move to prague it won't be really that bad since there's a lot of foreigners there. People who say they prefer Brno over Prague say that they prefer the city because Prague is way too hectic and crowded. Both of them are cool I suppose.

Not really hillbillies, it's just people who live in the country are reaally stuck on old traditions and whatnot and they're way too friendly sometimes. Also they tend to drink a lot. But in the end, everyone here does..

Yeah I live in a big city in the states. Prague i think is just under 2 mil for its total metro area. I dig the city vibe. Are you from there? Im going to be teaching english.

Nah, as I said, I live in Brno. Prague is nice tho and if you dig the city vibe, you can't go wrong I think. Not to say that other countries look like fucking medieval villages but Prague is the most 'lively' one I'd say. I feel like Brno and Prague are kinda similar, Prague just feels a bigger and has a few more foreigners there.

Whats the jobs for expats looking like? Teaching jobs? Are you Czech?

fuck, initially wrote "a lot bigger" but then I realized it's not that much of a difference and forgot to delete the "a"
sorry, I'm a bit tired user

I don't think you would have much trouble searching for teaching jobs. Just stay away from public schools.
Also Brno is pretty much a smaller and comfier version of Prague without the historical center overtaken by tourists, with everything good and bad that comes with it.

Yeah, I'm Czech.
About the jobs, I'm sorry I don't really know, I'm still a shitty student who tries to keep away from work as much as possible. But I do know a few guys who aren't czech and are teachers/do language stuff and they're doing fine.

Why not public schools?

I'm not really speaking from experience there but if you focus on private schools, IMO you have much higher chance of scoring a job where you would be appreciated if you do your job well. Speaking about high school level that is. Is that where you're aiming?

Not the same user, but as much I hate to say it, public schools are shit over here. Also, kids are fucking pricks(I'm sure there are pricks everywhere) but with the rapid progression of media and facebook and people's need to copy western countries as much as possible, every second teenager has taken the good ol' "fuck school Imma go party instead" mentality over from whatever movie they saw. Also public school system over here sucks dick.
Sorry if I'm over-dramatizing, the other czech-user can hopefully smooth it out and make it sound less terrifying for you.

Im looking for anything that can pay me a comfortable wage. Kids and teens are fairly aimilar everywhere, but kids and teens in usa are spoiled dicks.

I don't disagree, there are some great public schools but since the laws around them haven't change that much from our infamous communist era, the private schools usually do a better job matching what students and staff look for today in schools.
Comfortable wage is another argument for public schools too. Of course there are more options, universities or courses for adults and stuff like that.

argument for private schools*

kek, Brno is fucking shithole, everyone loves Prague, I can recommend it, I lived here all my life and I know ppl from Brno are fuckung lying rednecks ... Brno is like fucking Missisipi

nice meme friend

J-Jokes on you, I'm from Ostrava..

How is it?

Plzeň for life.

I really love my district (poruba). The whole city has less people on bigger area so there's a lot of green but it lacks the cultural centre. It just feels like a huge chunk of wasted potential, most young people go to study in another city and so are people trying to make their own business.

uranové děti z ostravy

kys

vole s dublákama jdi do píči(nejsem ostrava-user ale)

máte jakž takž stravitelný pivko, 8/10

there are 2 types of people I've met that are from ostrava. genuinely nice people and fucking cunts who barely speak czech.

>2 types of people
sounds about right

I'm from Prague. It's actually quite nice, have fun.

yes because world is black and white, haven't you heard user?

Can we please see the videos of the drunkard czech people that gets posted in CZ threads?

I feel like the gap is bigger than in other cities.
Just google czech president

I second that. Praguefag here. Don't go to Brno, it's hillbilly country. Prague is nice, you have the utmost freedom here.

Zeman rocks. Are you a pathetic expat sitting in CZ and bitchig about the political life of the country you moved to?

I was talking about the obligatory YT link ffs.

No he doesn't rock. It's true that right now he's the lesser evil since USA is going into the shits and it's strategically better to deal with Russia and China atm. He's doing a good job not listening to the USA and EU, but he most certainly does not rock.

Zeman is based, sorry brah.

I'm not czech and my experiences showed that brno >>> prague

So Czechfags, where do I find Zofie Zitova?

I have no idea who that is, but honestly, you will can probably meet any cz semi celeb if you just go to the upscale discos etc.

Back in the day it used to be Mecca, M1, Radost FX and some other places that were supposed to be hot and happening. Have no idea what the upscale clubs are these days.

muh nigga

Honestly, Brno will be like Prague. Only smaller and with less places open after midnight. And less people speaking English.

I am not sure if OP is still here, but I just scanned whole thread real quick and the stuff about school is pretty much correct.

I am also suprised that there are quite a few of us. O.o

Anyway, I am bored as hell, so if you have any more general question, feel free to ask.

>me 21, whole life in Czech, university student

what are you studying and where are you studying fam

I used to study ČVUT, cybernetics, but I left after year. I haven't really had problems with exam, but my.. eh.. first love appeared and I changed priorities. After that I decided for teacher career and right now I study in Hradec Králové.

Expect lots of potholes on the roads, smelly people, arrogant drivers, people in shops who won't say hello, bad restaurants, and neglected countryside.

I wouldn't go too much far away from Prague.

No pěkný. Nejsem zrovna daleko od Hradce.

To be fair, that is the case in majority of places, even in EU.

Šikulka :)

>so if you have any more general question, feel free to ask.
Can you post the obligatory youtube video of the cz drunkards?

>hradec králové
am I the only moravafag in here? Where is the ostrava-user at?
also
>čvut
nice, couldn't do that, I'd get bored in an instant. I'm hoping to get to MUNI and study psychology. But since I'm a lazy fuck, chance of that happening is very slim

Yeah, you can find shitty people and shitty streets everywhere in the world. It's getting better in Prague and other bigger cities, but every damn time I cross the Czech-German or Austrian borders, it's like getting face slapped. The Czech Republic is still in the Eastern part of Europe no matter how much the politicians say that we're part of the Western Europe.

I'm still there fam
Cybernetics on čvut to teaching is quite a leap. Hope it works out.

pls.. ^^"

Well, it is not exactly school for non-technical minded persons. And it is the most difficult one we have. I am kinda glad I left, but I admire everyone who can make it.

Well, I would say that "Srdce Evropy" is spotted on. At least geographicaly, but yeah, when it comes to behaviour of people and opinions, I could not agree more. We are not nearly as tolerant and polite as Germany, Frace or Britain.

Drivers are really fine here, compared to Russia. Though in Prague they're a bit wilder and no one really respects the limits (I mean it, the radars have a considerable tolerance).

>non-technical minded person
Nah, it's not that, it's that I suffer from a really annoying case of adhd and I can't keep just looking at one thing the whole time and just keep thinking about it. I actually wanted to go and try some art schools like every fucking libtard shit but that's too cringy, so I want to try psychology. Also, pajdák is kinda fun.

stop it user, girls are gay lol

OP, this right here. >pls.. ^^"

Get used to it. Whenever you as a CZ person for a favor and dont get a straight answer, they will just be vague and not answer. Take it as a no. These people seriously can't say no.

And no means yes in CZ, but that's more of a linguistical fact. So dont be deterred if the chick says no.

"no" can also mean "well" and "yeah, and?"
Besides, it's pronounced differently.

Well, on the other hands, people in Prague are best drivers in CZ, at least they understand that situation have to be solved. People from smaller city or villages drive like crazy in bigger cities.

It definitely is. But to be honest I am kinda demotivated. Extremely majority of people are here just cause they had no better idea. When you are in class of 50 people and like 3 of them really want to be a teachers.. I find it sad.

>no means yes in CZ
We obviously live in different CZ. I mean sure, many people are stupid here, but where it is not the case. When there is not enough of good teachers and determination to teach kids to think by themself, this will happen.
Also my "pls.. ^^"" is more of reaction on the nature of your question, not dodging "no". YOu are overthinking it.

Yeah, but I'm like OP.

>We obviously live in different CZ. I mean sure, many people are stupid here, but where it is not the case. When there is not enough of good teachers and determination to teach kids to think by themself, this will happen.
What the hell are you even trying to say?

Ano=No=yes

Yeah I'm gonna need some sauce with that čekfegz.

Yeah.. it's really sad that most of the people who study to become a teacher do it just because they have no better idea what to do/can't get anywhere in their field so they decide to teach instead.
But I guess that means that the ones who actually fancy teaching are going to be more appreciated. I can remember every single teacher that taught me through my whole life that actually wanted to be a teacher and wasn't just a lifeless husk that couldn't make it anywhere else. I honestly wouldn't mind teaching, but I don't think with my personality I'd be the best teacher

Ano=/=No
saying "no.." is the equivalent of "well.."

Czech Gymnast Teen, google it.

No is shortened Ano.

Tak, would be the equivelant of well.

I am quite happy that you have that attitude. The sad thing is I havent seen many poeple like that at that certain school - and that is the place where I am supposed to see them most.

>Ano=No=yes
Ugh, nevermind user. *pat pat*, we still like you.

>No is shortened Ano.
where the hell are you from?

lmao dude, Brno is just velke vestnice

Oh, and OP this shitcock also shows how retarded Eastern European types can be. Even if wrong, they will argue their point until they "won".

Although, even Radio Prague agrees with me:
" In Czech no is positive, not negative. Czech no means yeah! The Czech word for yes is ano. The form no is a shortening of ano"

>I haven't seen many people like that at that certain school
well then you should be proud that you are one of the few I guess, user ^^

>where the hell are you from?
none of your business.

Try Tábor, great city. Lot of cultural events happening. Especially in Cesta žije. Google that out. It's runned by Chris, he's from america like you

I was in Tabor once, thats a fucking village. I was stopped by a local who was completely flabbergasted anyone cared enough to come there and take a picture of a local statue. He also welcomed us to the city.

I have no intention of winning, you are just saying nonsense. Quoting Radio Prague is just proving how retarded you have to be when it comes to using informations.

cesta.cz/default.htm

>Person with no third party sources decides to berate someone else for using one that proves him wrong

It was one of the first articles appearing on the google search. However, you are basically asking me to prove the Earth is round. Get bent you idiot.

>Implying that I have none.
>Implying that I care enough to prove you everything.

I just wanna show that there is different opinion. If no is yes for you, you must live sad life. Anyway, it is time for me to sleep, I have work to do yesterday. Good night user, feel free to try bother someone else now.

>OP asks a czech grill if she wants to fug
>"No tak na to zapomeň"
>OP spends 2 years in prison

OP, autism is also widespread in CZ. As proves.

Directly translated: Yes so to it forget.

No tak is literally yes so.

Stop fighting you faggots.

Btw. What pubs have great pilsner and food in Praha?

I wonder if this is same faggot. No one else can be that stupid

Try it for yourself. Should be enough bars to keep you busy. If you tell me what you are looking for, I can give you some alternatives. Although, my knowledge of the bars is a bit outdated. Havent been there in 10 years now.

You are so retarded it hurts.

"No" does not equal "ano". It is only a weak form of it that most of the time means "well...". And if not, it generally has a subtext of "where are you going with your question?"

No..

>durrrrrrrr
>It is only a weak form
A weak form of yes?

Ahahahahahaha

I guess I wanted to reply to someone else but nonetheless.

I can use "no" in various ways where it doesn't mean agreement at all.

M'kay. I'm definately gonna try it. A lot of it.

Don't bother, I'll find my way. But thanks anyway.

I can use Yeah in various forms too.

Like yeah, you are fucking retarded. Still doesn't mean Yeah isn't affirmative, unless you add words and meaning to it.

Good choice, honestly, your fave bars will be determined by what area you live in. Prague 7 and 3 are good places for partying, in my experience.

kraut here,
I've been to czech rep. twice(I'm half czech myself but don't speak czech).
I like it, but you can tell that it's still eastern europe and not the west.

You can buy some ''freedom'' there too but watch out for gipsies or vietnamese guys they always try to fuck you over.

And you need to visit pic related, it's fucking surreal and looks cool af.

tl;dr

cool country but relatively poor would still recommend.

>You can buy some ''freedom'' there too but watch out for gipsies or vietnamese guys they always try to fuck you over.
Generally speaking, I can confirm about gypsies. When you see them, go for your wallet and move away from them. Never engage them and never buy anything from them.

Vietnamese have small shops where you can buy stuff, and have no problem. But don't buy anything that isnt food produced locally from them. And dont buy anything from the vietnamese market, since they usually just sell shit.

not gonna party really, mainly just chill for a couple of days as a good old touristfag. So just pubs, not clubs. But thanks for the advice, maybe I'll go back for a trip with my fagfriends if I like it there.

Get ready for good food good women, bad roads, bad housing, and a shitload of cockroaches. Have fun OP!

>good food
Cheap maybe. You will usually never go to a restaurant in CZ and think to yourself "Man, this is really good!"

Comfy pubs are great there too. Also look into what said, it's worth the trip.

It is question of price category, as always.

Then either A, you just never ever had decent food in your life (which, if you're Czech based could be more than the truth). Or B, have always visited shit restaurants, but are content with it.

I vividly remember going back to the same restaurant 3 times in a row. Sauteed Salmon steak, potatoes in skin with garlic/herb creme sauce and a fuckin good creme brullee. All for under 10 euro's. God you guys are stupid. Can ask so much more and people would still pay for it.