Randy Newman

Is Randy Newman a pleb filter? He's unironically one of the greatest songwriters ever, yet gets constantly ridiculed. Nobody I know knows more than Short People or his Disney songs.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k9Fn8VhkK5g
m.youtube.com/watch?v=qc0bu7GAPHU
youtube.com/watch?v=bujxMm6KjVw&ab_channel=EarpJohn-HarryNilsson
youtube.com/watch?v=N8zI5xjwKYw&ab_channel=fritz51301
youtube.com/watch?v=2dOZFu4QuRU
youtube.com/watch?v=9R1z2fNQnoc&list=PL088dKzxe5yEJAae5-ZxRX2rcUb79M1DC
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

"Plastic Ono Band" is his best album. "Mind Games" is good too, though.

Did you know he wrote the theme tune to Mad Man?

Could you convince me you are not a moron for posting this by showing me his best track?

youtube.com/watch?v=k9Fn8VhkK5g

m.youtube.com/watch?v=qc0bu7GAPHU

Randy Newman is great

ITT: albums that conservatives will never get

I can do a spot on impression of him that always gets a laugh. Short People is unironically good .

What are his best albums besides Sail Away and Good Old Boys?

>Albums that liberals will never get
fixed that for you

12 Songs and Little Criminals are good. His debut has some good songs but Van Dyke kind of ruined it, his live album is good for straight-forward versions of his early songs. Nilsson Sings Newman is a great record too.

Lel, this.
The lead single is about the hypocrisy of left wingers from north America looking down on right wingers from the south.

>Nilsson Sings Newman is a great record too.
This. Nilsson's got a much better voice than Randy and he's got the resources and arranging chops to really make Newman's great chord progressions/melodies shine.
Not on that album but:
youtube.com/watch?v=bujxMm6KjVw&ab_channel=EarpJohn-HarryNilsson
is also a great cover. He's got a fairly similar sense of humour to Newman so the sarcasm in the lyrics isn't really lost on him like it is with some people who cover his songs...
youtube.com/watch?v=N8zI5xjwKYw&ab_channel=fritz51301

>everything vindicates my perspective

are you talking about "Rednecks"? Because the point of that song is pretty specific: the South is a disgusting racist place, but so is the rest of America, too. If anything, it has more in common with Ta Nehisi Coates than any petty "liberals are hypocrites" shit you read into it.

Randy Newman is an intellectual Jewish resident of California. He's not fighting for your cause.

And anyway most of that album regards how people of the South live beset by problems of their own invention. Sure, the album tells you not to judge too harshly because their condition is the human condition, but the point of the album is a far fuckin cry from "liberals are hypocrites vote Trump."

In fact, Trump's just more of the self-sabotage and tragicomical defeatism that the South has been engaging in for the last 100 years.

>its a rich white liberal making songs about how dumb and bad white people are

is he jewish? sounds like something a jewish guy would do

Bad Love

yep

M8 I'm a left wing European and certainly not a Trump supporter.
I don't think Newman is ever bothering to make a case that the South is racist. That's already fairly evident but the hyperbolic southern stereotypes are clearly supposed to be an attack on northerners who throwing stones from glass houses.
I don't think Newman "advocates" on behalf of either group, he's just coming out against hypocritical shit slinging.
Lay off the straman user, he's had enough.

Supervised nobody posted this yet.
youtube.com/watch?v=2dOZFu4QuRU

nilsson sings newman is great

youtube.com/watch?v=9R1z2fNQnoc&list=PL088dKzxe5yEJAae5-ZxRX2rcUb79M1DC

If you think having a greater knowledge of Randy Newman is a criteria for assessing pleb or non than you may have an introverted perspective on music cultural awareness.
Constantly ridiculed by whom? Your friends? The internet sites you frequent?
Randy Newman has an audience that appreciates him, you don't have to worry about it.

>Riddiculed by
Family Guy, South Park, Nostalgia Critic et al.

Nowhere outside of Christgau or Rolling Stone's X00 greatest X.. have I seen praise for his work. He was a modestly successful songwriter in his day, and went on to score movies for a living. But it seems, to me at least, that his fanbase is critics and die-hards. Other critic pets don't experience this, which is my point.