Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums

Is my wound infected?

If so, what do?

Thx

Yes. You have to visit a doctor

pls help guise

dont want amputation

Doctor Chan Here, All Good here maybe just try clean up with alcool.

Astroturf? I've had similar and they were fine

Yes, this is indected. You must now sorrow to remove the inflammation. If no doc is available, take tea tree oil on the surface. It will burn for the moment but disinfect.Then cover this. Better visit a physician, this looks as existing for some days, isnt it?

Make video of you pouring hydrogen peroxide on it puhleeeze

I got drunk and fell down a hill and landed on some rocks hehe

Thanks. I hope that's the case

Ok but y

Why do people come here for medical advice?

Nah, looks fine.
Just make sure you use plenty of drugs and alcohol for the next three days. At least do some meth.
Post results

it will feel soooo good, like an orgasm but on your skin.

No it isn't. Just pour rubbing alcohol on it and then cover it back up.

How the fuck are you faggots still alive?

of course its not infected you dumbass

just disinfect it and bandage it up

fuck this stupid ass generation, you all are hopeless

Ya it happened 2 days ago

I initially didn't think it was but roommate said that it was infected. My other roommate said it wasn't so I decided to post it here to gauge what people would think. So far it's still 50/50 pretty much

Nigger you skin son! That it, sucker down now puddy cat, no need to be all hustly.

wat

Yes.
Go to a doctor.
If poorfag get gause, wound pads, and some stonk neosporin, clean with normal soap and water every day and change the bandage every day

Use a hot compress to release the puss, it'll help swelling go down a lot. Put peroxide and antiseptic on it, then wrap it up. I've haled infections that way before. But if it doesn't get any better, please go to a doctor because antibiotics will probably be needed

I'm afraid it is and theres no cure.

Its time to pull the trigger.

feces are antiseptic.
Rub some poop on it and bandage it.

can you take another pic? Close up, also brighter

There's no hope for you user, you're going to have to amputate.

Alcohol or Hydrogen Peroxide in a cloth, laid over the wound

dr dumbass launching dumbass bait.

ya don't listen to anyones home care advice here.

you have necrotic tissue there. the necrosis is probably due to the infection. get to a doctor

It doesn't look infected. Just bruised and unclean.

>feces are antiseptic

I legit havn't laughed at anything in like 2 months, but you got me user, thanks

You know it's infected if it is swollen, hot, and itches. If it just aches and pierces, no, it's not infected.

Turmeric.

Clean your leg by slowly moving it under a low pressured stream of water and try to clean the wound as much as you can.

Take a spoonful of turmeric, sprinkle some over the open wound so a layer forms in it. Repeat and make sure that every part of wound is covered.

This will disinfect the wound.

This is not mandatory -----
Take a piece of actual cotton (medical cotton), dressing cloth and put the cotton over the turmeric sprinkled wound, tie the cloth around your leg.
-------

Now, take rest for hour or half a day, until the turmeric dries up.

Clean the wound again as you did earlier under water. Now apply an antiseptic cream over the wound and do the dressing as mentioned above. You need to change dressing ever day or every 6 hours.

By doing so, the skin dies and becomes hard, and falls off soon, and you'll get new skin instead of it.

I took my time to type this shit on a phone.

You better follow it op.

clean and put honey on it.

You would go on Sup Forums to ask for advise wouldn't you? Sup Forums of all places

polysporin and good bandages

Timestamp?

DONT listen to the retard saying peroxide cleans ur wound. it will worsen the infection

Okey dokey I'll give it a go

tanks

gently rub some gasoline on it, it's a good known disinfectant

OP, you need to pour some hydrogen peroxide on tha shit. If you got some real cojones pour alcohol into it. You should be fine but there might be some scarring.

You have 24 hours....GO

It doesn't worsen the infection, it just kills healthy tissue as well as cleans it. Which CAN be useful sometimes if your goal is debridement.

rubbing alcohol will sterilize it. will not kill the infection. get antibiotic cream

Its not infected its just dirty clean it fuck head . The green bruise is just an odd color but super fuck ups can make it that color youre fine.

I just bandaged it up but here ya go

OP

Infection signs are bright red around the wound and very painful inflammation.

Infection to go to doctor for is when you start to feel like shit or get a fever.

Unless it's swollen, hot and itchy, it's not infected. All that discolored skin is just bruising and bruising healing. Yellowish skin is not infected skin. It's just a healing bruise.

You need to clean it with soap and water, no antibacterial anything - just soap and water, then put some gauze on it, take some naproxen, and wait.

this.

OP is a faggot confirmed.

/thread

Did you use peroxide/alcohol before you wrapped it up?
Hope you get better OP.

I did. I used some peroxide and a fuckton of alcohol. Thanks, I can't go to the doc today so I hope I'm just being paranoid and nothing is wrong

Honey is expensive than turmeric, also Pain to clean fresh wound.

Where can i get this infamous alcool?

just a little pavement burn, i used to get these a lot when biking

you'll know its infected when your entire knee starts to swell up and it smells like shit

Yeah put out a burning cigarette out on it. You'll feel much better.

Is the wound painfully swollen - like it feels like a blown up balloon anywhere, and is it hot there and sorta itchy?

Whatever you do, OP remember-
Hydration is important!

OK, I think your family is one of those anti-vaccine family.

Who the fuck told you that h2o2 fucks up a wound? That person is retarded. h2o2 is generally used to clean wounds and disinfect them. If you don't actually know this then shut the fuck up.

Hmm not really. It kinda hurts but I think it's the bruise that is hurting, not the cuts (I fell on some rocks). I'll keep that in mind though. Good lookin out m8

no not infected

He is wrong about it worsening an infection, but there is a risk to OVER using hydrogen peroxide. Hydrogen peroxide kills healthy tissue as well as any bacteria that are in the wound. So if you pour in on a wound, it will actually set back healing. If you lightly clean a wound with hydrogen peroxide it's fine.

after 2 days all it would do is destroy the forming scab tissue

whatever is trapped below the scab and his tissue has been fucked up by white cells.

there's no point in using peroxide at this point

>turmeric

It'll leave your scar yellow for the rest of your life.

Yeaaaaah, at this point I'd just try to disinfect and wrap it (replacing wrap often), until you visit a doctor asap.

Infections like that only get worse.

What the fuck Sup Forumsro, go see a doctor. You'll lose your leg

Oh yeah! I forgot what it was called. I typed in antiseptic. Duh! OP get anti biotic cream too.

Good boy.

Take rest. When youre changing the bandage, if you observe that the wound swells or bleeds, or changes color, then I advise you to see a GP/doctor.

tumeric? OP isn't stuck in a kitchen in the middle of the fucking ocean, what kinda retarded advice is this

Like if you've ever poured hydrogen peroxide on a wound and it turns the tissue near the periphery of the wound pale white - it's killing that tissue. Sucking the water right out of your cells(that's how it kills bacteria). If you watch your wound closely, you'll notice whatever tissue turns white like that, it breaks off later, it becomes dead tissue.

there's no infection.. just a normal scrape and a bruise

if that dark skin around your wound is not from bruising it's most likely blood poisoning. If you don't visit a doctor you WILL die.

Because they're retards.

Rub honey on it.

>9th of may 2015

Its not infected.
If you havent already, wash the wound with warm water and a little bit of alcohol or peroxide. Keep the top clean and it wont get infected. Also dont keep it covered all the time, it needs to breathe and dry up a good bit.

It's not dark enough for blood poisoning. That's just a good solid bruise. A mild bruise just turns the area purple and it's gone in a couple of days. A good solid bruise turns purple and blue, and yellow or even light green, and then brown.

Put your own shit on it.
I heard it helps.

OP here. I forgot it wasn't 2015 anymore. I guess I'm a tard

Wet wounds heal faster, dry wounds will closer faster but heal slower.

No sorry I'm just hungover

cut leg off

your leg would have been fine, but all this writing will go into your blood and it will die and fall off now.

but you can lick your fingers when done.

OP Here

Thanks for the advice everyone. I've decided to take a little bit from each advice because there are so many to choose from. I'll start mixing a concoction of feces, turmeric, alcohol, honey and peroxide to apply to my wound.

Wish me luck

An easy way to check if a wound is infected is to see if it is hot to the touch. Your body increases temperature in reaction to perceived threats, that's why people get fevers.

so poke it. if it is hot go to the doctor.

It's kind of hot but it might be the bruising around it because my bruises get a little warm too.

OP, here is some real advice, go to a doctor

Yes your Wound is infected. Pretty bad,
Looks like you need a skin transplant...

But you can just do it yourself ricght? Buy a chicken cut some skin of it and just tape it to your wound make sure no air gets to it, leave it on for a week...

Jesus Christ help this OP get a grip m8

Whats the texture of the yellow? Smooth and dry or slightly wet?

Slightly slimy

Maybe wait for a week to see if it is? Usually people would put food on the injury to feed the repair cells, sort of works.

>no reddit

Y-you want me to put food on my wound?

Might be okay waiting a bit. If it gets thicker without becoming a scab, or the slight red area around it grows, would have doc check it out.

If not, it's probs healing normally.

Follow up advice, don't do the chicken skin thing.

If you don't want to go to a doctor, believe me i have had my share of wounds and this seriously needs real medical attention but alright.

Do what you want.

Just buy some pre packaged cloth things that already have desinfectants on it.

Put your scissors and tweezer in pure alcohol for a quart hour or boil them, dont touch the cloth contact area when done, put it on clean sterile pads. desinfect them each wound care.

Then take your sterile desinfectant pad with tweezers, cut piece of place scissors on sterile pad,
RUB FROM INSIDE WOUND OUT
take new piece,
RUB FROM INSIDE OUT
repeat
DONT put the pad that has touched the outside of your wound in the wound, ever.

Buy big bandage like you have there, after desinfaecting with pads. Put new one on.

If the glue part around your wound gets too dirty, take clean cloth for scissor laying and clean it with pure alcohol, dont touch wound with alcohol, it will hurt it.

Alright, do this every day for 2 weeks.

When you shower, take a plastic bag and tape it over the leg piece with electrical tape.

The shower water will infect it even worse.

Use new bag each shower time

shower and clean wound right after shower.

You should be good

Good luck

raw steaks only work for bruises, you moron.

Use an anti-septic. Use rubbing alcohol, it burns but it fucking works.

Go get some double antibiotic ointment. Put that shit on there. Go get some sterile gauze from the store. Change the dressing twice a day. Don't leave your nasty pus covered bandage on there for days because of muh shekels, get a shit load of gauze, keep it clean. Keep it dry.

If it gets badly swollen, gets hot to the touch, if it starts to leak cloudy or god forbid green puss, or the pus actually stinks like rot or if you run a fever things have gotten bad. The rot smell and fever are the super bad signs. At that point you HAVE an infection, its not a maybe, you have one.

At that point you NEED to see a doctor and get antibiotics. I AM NOT A DOCTOR, but if you are so vastly poor that you can't see a doctor go to a fish store, not a fucking Walmart, an honest to god fish store and get fish antibiotics. You are looking for amoxicillin. That is the same stuff as human antibiotics, but sold for fish. DONT TELL THE GODDAMN EMPLOYEES that you intend to take it as a human. Fucking retard.

AIDS

Dr. Here.

Gangrene. Hospital. Now.

Go now.

Cheers brotha

Yes, rub some robitussin on it.

a. 9/5/-->15