"He became so powerful, the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which, eventually, of course, he did...

>"He became so powerful, the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which, eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew. Then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. It's ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself."

I don't get it. What's so ironic about this?

He literally says it the next sentence. There's nothing to meme about.

He had control over life and death, but not his own.

It's like rain on your wedding day

I still can't believe they digitally stitched two takes into that one scene.

once you see it the first time it becomes so obvious.

>He could save others from death, but not himself.
How do you not understand the irony in this? He became so obsessed with cheating death that he couldn't foresee his own apprentice murdering him. It's fucking poetry of the highest form because it also foreshadows Vader killing Palpatine.

'cause I got one hand in my pocket

Bubonic

CROSS-EYED BEAR THAT YOU GAVE TO ME

I I I

WANNA KNOW

Moronic

Poetic

and who woulda thought
it's trrreaaassonnnnnn

That's pretty impressive
More directors should do this

That's not irony though, that's sarcasm.

That's retarded.

"Greek, sarkasmos. To bite the lips. It means that you aren't really saying what you mean"

Palpatine is saying what he means. Plagueis could cheat death, but not his own. There is nothing sarcastic here. It is ironic that one who could save others from death perished himself.

Gin and tonic

No, idiot, you're missing the point. He literally spelled it out in the preceding sentence.
>"Then his apprentice killed him in his sleep."

If Plageius had been focused on finding a way to avoid sleeping instead of avoiding death, he never would have died. He was hunting for immortality when he should have been hunting for sleeplessness. That's the irony.

That's satire, not irony.

No it's not. Back off.

It's a fucking palindrome

This makes a lot of sense.

Alanis Morissette wrote this scene